Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

CCG looking for help on Insurgency issues and bugs.

PolishMartyr

Hello. If you have not seen my introduction post i have made earlier I am Polish Martyr, Moderator of CustomCombatGaming Wasteland. I come here asking for help on a few issues that our Insurgency crew have been running into or do not have the experience to handle.

1) We have been having issue with our @ST Interact. The majority of our players on occasion will not have the ability to interact with one another. This is a big issue since then most of us will actually have to respawn rather than get medical treatment. Wondering if you have overcome this bug and how.

2) We are trying to edit the progress on the map after restarts so we are not doing the same zones over and over again. We would like to go in and do each zone individually. What we mean by this is if we go into an insurgent held zone which is indicated by the red block on the map and clear it out making it green. How do we maintain that the area will be green after restart?

3) We are also looking for someone to help us in support scripts such as casevac and heli evac.

I apologize if this is not enough detail. I am just relaying a message from a superior. If you would like to message or even talk to my superior this is his CCG forum page and also our TS is open to the public as long as they are not freeloading.

Superiors CCG page: http://customcombatgaming.com/forums/index.php?/user/670-gunny/

It will be a great help if you are able in any means to lend a hand.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-@ace
-@acex
-@acex_pla
-@acex_sm
-@ace_ru
-@ace_usnavy
-@acre
-@st_interact
-@sthud
-@cba
-@cba_a2
-@cba_co
-@cba_oa
-@jayarma2lib
-@blx_ridgback
-@Foxhound
ADDITIONAL MODS
-@blastcore_visuals
-@jsrs
-@jsrs_ace
-@jsrs_acr
-@jtd_jtd fire and smoke
-@landtex
-@LEA
-@sakulightfx
-@scopefx
-@st_acre_volume
-@st_bunnyhop
-@stmovement
-@ukf_ukweps
-@ukf_ukweps_ace
-@ACR
-@BAF
-@PMC
-All @rh weapon packs (Robert Hammer)
_all @asr_rh packs (ace configs for Robert Hammers Packs)

Wooz =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

could you post the full mod list for the server/mission? the more info the better :)

^need this first.

Second......

1) I will assume that you mean @ST Interact menu is making the ACE Interact unavailable barring the heal/inspect wounded functions on that menu. If this is indeed the case, know that ACE has key bindings that you can change, such as changing ACE Self Interact and ACE Interact to different keys not used by @ST Interact. It's a workaround, not a fix, but aside from speaking with ShacTac or the ACE team, it may be the best you can do.

2) This persistence of markers can only be achieved with systems similar to @Arma2NET which allows you to export and import data to/from a database. This is not already configured, you'd have to find someone to script and code it to make it work, but I have made it work (with help from a programmer) to take information from the game and export it to a database which then could display data. What you want is the reverse of that. MSO offers some of these functions for Arma 2 and the upcoming Arma 3 ALiVE mod also functions similarly. These are things you will want to check out. If you make it work, we'd love to hear your progress, as I also would like it if Insurgency remembered Red/Green Zone markers layout upon server restart. That would be the Holy Grail of Insurgency gameplay. Good luck!

3) Once again, MSO for Arma 2 offers some of these functions, among others, like casevac and heli evac. I was even evac'd by a FireScout UAV once - after I was injured and downed all by myself, a kindly AI civilian came and used my basic medical gear on me to revive, and I used my MSO menu and ACRE 117 Radio to call an extract for myself. Not sure that there are very many proficient Arma scripters that would be able to help you write your own scripts on that system, but you should look around and see if there are any light user-made scripts or mods that acheive this, otherwise use MSO.

As much info as you can provide is helpful - like Wooz said: how about a copy of the mission?

On the mod list, I have noticed right off the bat that you may not be using CBA correctly - this could be the root of the issue with your @ST Interact messing with ACE Interact.

If running the DevBuild/BETA, you will want to use @CBA_CO

If you are not running BETA, you will want to use these:
@CBA, @CBA_OA, @CBA_A2

....at least that is how it used to be, I'd be happy to be corrected if it were otherwise....

Hi Polish,

As Semler mentioned make sure you are running either:

(1.63 beta) - @CBA_CO only
1.62 - @CBA, @CBA_A2, @CBA_OA

It's possible this is the cause of your problems with st_interact as it is CBA dependent.

As for Insurgency scripting perhaps post up your specific questions and we can take a look.

We took another look at the @STInteract mod and decided to remove it since we are still a small group and hardly use it anyways so that issue was fixed.

The guy who actually does the scripting for us has been busy right now. I will try to get back to you guys as soon as I get an update from him.

• 2 weeks later...
The best AI I think I have played against in Arma 2 was using DAC and UPSMON - they had a sense of fear it seemed, used smoke well at times, and would flank and move in for the kill if you tried to wait them out.

Our Insurgency doesn't run this, it's Vanilla and not sure if these are mods, and though it would be nice to see Insurgency creating it's AI enemy zones with DAC, I imagine that it would be some feat to integrate it into the current mission scripts for AI generation.

Hi Polish,

We don't do a lot of PvP in Arma other than stuff like Road Rage.. although I think you'd find some interest if there were organized events. If you haven't seen it yet check out TacBF mod for A3.

As for Arma 2 AI I would not recommend using Zeus AI as it has not been updated in over 2 years and is known to have some problems. Here's what I've used before:

AI spawning and behaviour:
UPSMON
DAC

Just AI behaviour:
ASR_AI
TWPCAS

If you just want to make your AI harder in Insurgency I would suggest adding ASR_AI (server side clients do not need) and TWPCAS (can be server side or client side). This will allow the AI to communicate between groups, throw smoke when in distress, add morale and fleeing, allow the players to suppress the AI as well as having players be suppressed as well.

SavageCDN =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Hi Polish,

We don't do a lot of PvP in Arma other than stuff like Road Rage.. although I think you'd find some interest if there were organized events. If you haven't seen it yet check out TacBF mod for A3.

PvP is probably the wrong term for it. I think it goes by TvT. Team vs. Team. We only plan on doing it as a scheduled event planned in advance. Do a gametype like search and destroy.

PvP/TvT - same idea - humans v. humans using Arma 2 or 3. It is not IMHO the best game for that. Like Savage said, I'd certainly try it in an event or large group play, and it would come down to the game mode type (S&D, etc.) to make it fun or playable.

There are a few things about Arma that I don't like for human v. human fighting, and even the Arma PR (project reality mod) is not able to overcome these elements. This is why I prefer to play Arma against AI, and the smarter the better. I think where Arma shines is in COOP TvE and TvAI because it lends itself so well to teamwork and communication, but not so well at fluid character control or a sense of speedy input to character action/reaction. I will say that the game mod Invasion 1944 might do better at this due to the older weaponry and lack of modern optics and electronics, but still, I think playing vs AI in Arma is the most enjoyable gameplay so long as they aren't dumb as a post.
!hi

SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

PvP/TvT - same idea - humans v. humans using Arma 2 or 3. It is not IMHO the best game for that. Like Savage said, I'd certainly try it in an event or large group play, and it would come down to the game mode type (S&D, etc.) to make it fun or playable.

There are a few things about Arma that I don't like for human v. human fighting, and even the Arma PR (project reality mod) is not able to overcome these elements. This is why I prefer to play Arma against AI, and the smarter the better. I think where Arma shines is in COOP TvE and TvAI because it lends itself so well to teamwork and communication, but not so well at fluid character control or a sense of speedy input to character action/reaction. I will say that the game mod Invasion 1944 might do better at this due to the older weaponry and lack of modern optics and electronics, but still, I think playing vs AI in Arma is the most enjoyable gameplay so long as they aren't dumb as a post.
!hi

I agree. That is why I was planning to make these TvT games to be a friendly "wargame." between CCG and other Insurgency server owning communities. Creating a rule system on what vehicles a team can take. For example a team can take two IFV/APCs or a single MBT. Or take two Armed Transport Helis or a single gunship. Run it as if it was an MSO in a way.

EDIT: Speaking of MSO, do you guys know any good coop campaigns that 12 people can play?

MSO missions can really be played by any number of players as it is so customizable... if you're looking for actual campaigns that can be played COOP I'm not sure of any good ones.

That's an interesting idea having Insurgency style mission with MSO back end....

SavageCDN =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

A few guys have been talking about doing an MSO event as Insurgents/Guerillas vs Russians... .might not happen for a month or so due to a lot of people still in school, etc

That sounds fun man. I have to make a report to the other admin on the realism team at CCG today anyways. Plan on opening the server up to the public during weekdays only to close it during the weekend for meets. I will pass this by him as well.

We try to play insurgency on weekends as if doing an MSO. We restrict the weapons our squad can use, set up a registration, target a location and set up an overall plan of engagement, and so forth. It has made for some very enjoyable games.

Currently our insurgency server is at a turning point. The population of members has dropped off to where the server is empty all week. That is because it is password access only. I been trying to get ahold of the person in charge of the server to open it up during the week and locking it during the weekends for member operations. It might be closed because of the cost which is pretty steep. If I was able to set up a meeting on this Sunday with the owner of our server will one of you be willing to talk with him on what to expect and how to manage an insurgency/MSO server?