Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Windows 7 and Falcon 4 BMS 4.32 up dates

Weaklink

Just had computer rebuilt, XP was no longer supported by my shop. They installed Win 7. So for the last month been learning to use Win7 . Problem I've downloaded the two BMS up dates they reside in the Download section of Win 7 (stilled zipped) But I have tried and tried to get them to install into BMS 4.32 and even though it states it is doing it when you run the BMS setup it does not find any updates.

I know where my original installation lies it on my desktop, red cover and all but it won't take the install. The RUN function that was in previous Windows is not there, but if you type RUN in the search box and Falcon 4 BMS update it can't find it. If you use browse it will find it and then want to unzip it. The instructions clearly state not to unzip the download but run the folder.

During all the time I tried to install update 1 It has never repeat never asked me where the BMS 4.32 resides. So my question is how do you get Win 7 to except the up dates. If you start in the Download folder provided by win 7 and you click the up date it wants to unzip folder, if you use Run it wants to unzip the folder, if you use browse it wants to unzip the folder, so if anyone can help me I be much beholden.

One more thing I assume in the provided install instructions the use of the phrase RUN means to activate the application not to unzip the folder. Need some help here. !help

Edited for clarity

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Windows 7 hides the RUN dialog box by default (fucking brilliant there Microsoft). You can hit Windows key + R to bring up the run box again.

To make it appear again on the Start menu right-click on the Taskbar and select Properties, Start Menu, Customize. Look for a setting called Run Command and check the box beside it.

Oh you'll have to get someone else you help you with the BMS stuff I have no idea

!hi

(2) The original BMS setup folder needs to have Update 1 already applied, as Update 2 is incremental only (like all BMS updates).

(3) Next, RUN (do not unzip) the Update 2 installer. It will ask you where the BMS setup folder is. Select the folder that you have identified in the 1st step.

I see where you are confused. Sure, the Update_2 is inside a zipped folder when you first download it. I don't know why the wording is that way, but you will need to extract the Update_2 installer from that zip file.

Then, when you "Run" that, it will ask for the BMS installation folder.

Don't know why it even says "don't unzip" at that stage in the instructions. Of course, you need it outside the zip file to execute it!! Good luck, and if you have any other problems with it, post up here and we'll get you running!
!cheers

make a folder on your desktop called BMS and put ALL your BMS 4.32 files in here

then install the main BMS 4 game

extract update 1 to your BMS folder and run it

extract update 2 to your BMS folder, run it

follow the directions as they state in the readme and it will work.