Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

New Pc

WhiteWolf

i know ive talked about new pc here before but now I have mothers Cridit card and she says YES WOOOOT

this is what I am looking @
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=24329988

was looking @ 2500K but i don't think i really need,
NOTE: SSD and Case is FOR MOTHER! and Mom says maybe GTX 670 when it come out ^ ^

what you guys think ?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice...but all I have to say, and I think someone will back me up on this, Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound all the way!!!
And what kind of CPU cooler is gonna go on that Sandy?
Whatever you do....don't use spread method when you afix your heat sink to the processor! Look up the method for that particular Sandy.

Good luck!

=VG= SemlerPDX LAN_WROTE ...

Nice...but all I have to say, and I think someone will back me up on this, Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound all the way!!!

sorry but NEVER!, Arctic Silver is Conductive so no way !

And what kind of CPU cooler is gonna go on that Sandy?

my lill sweet cooler master hyper n520 :-D

Whatever you do....don't use spread method when you afix your heat sink to the processor! Look up the method for that particular Sandy.

Good luck!

i know ;-)

=VG= SemlerPDX wrote ...

WhiteWolf wrote ...

sorry but NEVER!, Arctic Silver is Conductive so no way !

Oh I'm sure your computer will run just fine regardless of the paste between your Sandy and cool master.

Have fun with the build; I always love building a new PC.

I apologize, I wasn't trying to spark a debate! I can assure you that any conductive properties of any thermal compound are a non-factor unless it's applied improperly. Most everything in a computer is conductive, but the metal cap on your Sandy isn't "connected" to any circuit. If one doesn't put so much compound on the metal cap, it won't have it coming out it's ears to somewhere that it can cause a problem.

There is a reason the pro's use Arctic Silver, however, and I would certainly scrape it off my Phenom x4 in the next 5 minutes if I felt that it was a dangerous trade-off between thermal performance and electrical safety.

• 2 weeks later...