Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Recommended requirements for FF5

=VG= BLuDKLoT

Hi Guys,

does anyone knows the recommended requirements to play FF5?

Here is my com specs:

Mainboard: AsusTek Computer (P5B-E Plus)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 6300 @1.86Ghz
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT
Memory: DDR2 1 GB

I tot it maybe high time i change some of the stuffs in my CPU but i am not sure if i should change the whole thing or just the CPU or just some of the components inside. Can someone please advise me??

Any recommendations on graphic cards?

if i wanna increase my memory, how should i change it? cos i read somewhere on the net, its says that i have to buy back the same 1GB to increase it incremently i.e if i have a 2GB ram and i want to increase it i have to get another 2GB. is this true?

Can someone pls help me out here?

Thanks guyz.

Cougar

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cougar06 LAN_WROTE ...

Hi Guys,

does anyone knows the recommended requirements to play FF5?

Here is my com specs:

Mainboard: AsusTek Computer (P5B-E Plus)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 6300 @1.86Ghz
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT
Memory: DDR2 1 GB

Cougar

Cougar,

Welcome to the Flight Line.

Your sys specs are sufficient but somewhat low for Free Falcon. I run FF on two systems.
One with a nVidia 7600GS and the other with a 8500GT. They both run fine.
Ati or nVidia is a personal choice, depending on who you talk to, you'll get varying opinions.

What you did'nt post is the most important. What OS you are running.

Free Falcon is most stable and reliable on WinXP32 bit. If you have Vista or Win7 you might want to consider a Dual Boot.

With XP32 bit and your combination of the 7300GT and your CPU you would be just fine. The only thing I would upgrade is to add 1 more GB of memory and your good to go.

Of course the 7300GT is not a gaming card. But it is sufficient.

Hope this helps you a bit.

RAM22

Hi RAM22,

Thank you for the advice... lol.. I am using winXP professional.. btw how do i knowwhich graphic cards are for gaming and which are not.. apparently, some of the sellers are always out there to conned the consumers and there is too much on the net to read..

The nVidia 7600GS and 8500GT are use mainly for gaming purpose? As for the ram is it ok that i get a 2GB one? or do i have to get a 1GB to increase it? cos i read somewhere on the net, it says that i cant input a 2GB ram with a different GB ram (existing). is this true?

Cougar