Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Falcon 4 AF

EagleIII

Hello all,

I am in a VA for Flight Sim and some of us pilots are branching out to Falcon 4 AF and we are needing some help.

We are having difficulty connecting to one another when one creates a server. We have viewed many posts from here and other sights that discuss this Sim and have crossed our T's and dotted our i's and with the port forwarding and everything else and we are still getting the server timed out error message. We were able to connect in Free Falcon but this one we cannot. We both went into the run/cmd/c:\ipconfig and put the proper ip in our router configs and still nothing.

Also I have a dedicated windows 2008 server and would like to know if and how we can setup a dedicated server for Falcon4 AF.

Thank you for your time and help in advance.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sup man welcome to the site. First of all, get rid of AF and Get Falcon BMS 4 instead! It's 100x times better than AF and the same type of sim. Vids can been seen on our youtube page and BMS 4 facebook page is in the footer links. I highly suggest you guys move to that instead and we can help you get installed and set up. Reply back with some info and we'll work from there.

s/f

I see you were talking about previously setting up a Dedicated Server. Right now here at VG we don't have a dedicated server.

Here at VG we fly direct IP connect to each other, a dedicated server is really not necessary unless you want to have a 24/7 real time campaign running, which at the moment we don't. We either fly a TE someone has built or just fly individual missions in a campaign. Basically one person is the Server and he host's all objects. The other guys connect to his IP address and are the clients.

In the BMS Comms window there are several things you need to know.

The clients all enter the IP address of the server, everyone MUST enter a Bandwidth, it should be the same, ie, 256, 400, 600, it depends on the Hosts total Upload internet BW. Uncheck both the IVC boxes as we don't use it, we utilize TS.

The Host(Server) does not enter an actual IP address in the IP Address Box, he enters 0.0.0.0, he MUST also enter the BW, and disable the IVC boxes

Once you have entered the information to connect to another person and it's all filled in, you can click on Save and it will enter their information into the left hand box which is your Phonebook.

Each time you load the BMS Comms box it will default to the last entry, so if you are not going to be connecting to that person, click on NEW and it will clear the information in the right hand boxes so you can enter a new persons information and then you save it before connecting to that new person. If you already have that persons information you just need to click on it in your Phonebook and it will transfer over to the right. You have to disable the IVC boxes everytime you launch the Comms or change to another person.

Inside your BMS install folder, located at X:\Falcon BMS 4.32\User\Config folder is a file called falcon bms.cfg. Open this file with either Notepad or Wordpad. At the bottom of the file enter these two variables and save the file.

set g_bMessageStatistics 0
set g_bEnableRakNetPacketLogger 0

These two variable prevent BMS from generating MultiPlayer troubleshooting logs, which are intended for the BMS coders. If you do not add the variable it will generate them every time you MP and the files will become quite large and eat up your HD space.

Those are just a couple of house cleaning things you can do prior to jumping into MP here so you have them ready when you want to fly.

RAM22

RAM22,

Thanks much for the info. Will be passing this along to the other guys who are involved.

We didn't know if we should have a dedi or not and since I have one running other game servers I Would make mention of it here.

Quick question, does anyone know where I can get a print out of the keyboard commands? I need some kind of guide what each key does so I can set up my X36 profile for sim? I thought I saw one somewhere but cannot find it out. I am guessing the keys used for BMS are the same as Falcon 4.0?

Thanks again for the message and =VG=BLuDKLot thanks for the welcome. AWESOME site you have here.

Hey =VG=BLuDKLot,

File shows some resemblance to what I am looking for but it is a .key file so not sure what to do with it. I think the X52 is similar to the X36 but I don't think the profiles are interchangeable. I did download a couple of X45 profiles but to no avail they won't load into my profiler.

Thanks much for the help, greatly appreciated. Your welcome on the kudos ;)

EagleIII

Welcome and good luck, EagleIII!
Say, it does sound like you are gonna need to create a profile for that X36. I feel for you, HOTAS set-up in Falcon/BMS can take awile. This, of course, is why we are trying to assemble the largest section of Downloadable Joystick Profiles on the internet.

As we do not have your X36 version, might I ask that you upload your Joystick Profile and add it to the DownLoads when you are done?

This will ensure that the very next person that asks about an X36 Profile has a chance to DL a Preset Example to use/modify.

Thanks in advance, and have fun with BMS!
!fans

RAM22 - Thanks man much appreciated. Just what I am looking for. Printing it out now and will be working on this tonight. Again Thanks.

=VG- SemlerPDX - THanks for the welcome. Yeah it does take awhile, I know I spent about 4 hours setting this up with the original Falcon 4 so I know it will take about the same, maybe not. By all means I will certainly upload the profile once it is done. I will ask my other fellow pilots that if they use profiles to either send them to me and I will upload them or I will ask them to upload them. It does help out and you guys have helped us tremendously so therefore we will repay the favors.

BTW don't know if anyone her flies MSFS 2004 but I am one of the originating founders of Ozark Virtual Airlines (Ron Sprinkel OVA100) stop in and check out our site when you get the time - http://www.ozarkva.net Hope it is ok to post this link, if not please remove it.

Again folks thanks for the warm welcome and the help you have given.

Hey guys. Some of you may know me from Frugalsworld (boy don't I wish Mark would bring that back), and I am also one of the guys that EagleIII is talking about trying to get back into Falcon. However, I am having much difficulty with Falcon 4 BMS.

I have reinstalled twice, the second time with AV turned off and I ran it as admin. The problem I am having is getting the sim to even start up. It goes to the black screen with the airplane cursor and stops. The funny thing is, once in awhile it starts up ok. I have tried to notice any condition that might be different when it does go good, but haven't come up with anything yet.

I have tried running the exe in compatibility mode for XP (I am running Win 7 32bit), with Visual Themes disabled. Still no joy. I did notice something a bit strange though. When I open up my task mgr. and go to the processes, I notice that it is using 430,000 k of memory or more. Seems a bit high, and I only have 4G of RAM anyway. I can trim the memory in the task mgr I use and it goes back down to about 2200k which is fine, but the program still doesn't continue into the sim.

Can anyone think of anything I am not doing or doing wrong?

It's good to see everyone, and I look forward to spending time here at VG.

BB

Wecome to the club, beetlebaily1! Glad to hear you got your BMS sorted.

I'm sure there are plenty more, but I can say that =VG= Poffadder and myself are old school MS FS pilots. Of course, I never graduated from a Cessna and Lear Jet, whereas =VG= Poffadder flies everything, including them big bad 747's. He and I both have FSX, but again, he's invested in hundreds of dollars in addons and sceneries.

Iffn has been getting into Microsoft Flight Sim X with Poff, and they've been flying in Multiplayer via Hamachi.

I keep nagging at Poffadder to make a picture profile here of his Screenshots - I have several as my desktop background and I must say, they are the BEST in-game shots from any game I've ever seen! People come into my office and see the desktop thinking it was a photograph from the internet of a REAL airplane over a real city.

I'm sure Poff will be around more often soon, he's finishing up with first semester exams atm.

Great to have you guys around! !cheers

Thanks guys. I have been playing around with BMS today, and seem to have really low framerates everywhere. I have tried lowering all the settings. Shutting off all background proggies, and I shut down AV. All to no avail. I can't get above 12 or 13 fps, and most of the time it's 4 or 5 fps. I noticed it's better in HUD only view, but still not good. I read at the BMS website that turning off V Sync will help, but on my machine, that makes it worse.

I am running a fairly stout machine, so I would expect 19 or 20 fps, but can't seem to get there. Any suggestions?

My specs are as follows:

AMD Phenom II Quad Core at 3.0 Ghz
4G DDR2 RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT 1G VRAM
Win 7 32bits
DirectX 11

@RAM22, I remember you as well. I check in on Grumble and all the refugees from time to time. Seems like a lot of them have kinda lost interest as they don't get online much. I haven't seen ACOG (Rivver) on in ages. Good to see some familiar faces around here though.

beetlebailey1 LAN_WROTE ...
@RAM22, I remember you as well. I check in on Grumble and all the refugees from time to time. Seems like a lot of them have kinda lost interest as they don't get online much. I haven't seen ACOG (Rivver) on in ages. Good to see some familiar faces around here though.

BB1, yeah theres not really much going on at the FRefugees, that's why I don't check in that often. Seems mostly like Grumble, Kilotango1 posting every once in a while.

Anyways, I'm also running on a 9500GT w/1GBRAM, my system is a AMD Sempron 3600+ at 1.8Ghz 2GB RAM WinXP.

Here's a shot of my BMS Configurations settings, I have just about all the shaders off except Cloud stuff. And Triple Buffering is off. Along with my nVidida Control Panel Settings

And a pic of my ingame Setup>Graphics and Advanced settings

With these settings I'm getting between 25-30 FPS. Hope something here can help you somewhat on your Frame rates.

Do you remember Banner from FW?? British fellow. Well, he, John and his wife Debbie(she's hot, lol) came to the US last year after he graduated and got his Masters in Biology and they came here to Tennessee and stayed the night. I offered to have them overnight as they traveled across the US on a 3 month journey. He's the only Falcon related person I have ever met in person. The dude came all the way from the UK, lol.

Take Care and once again it's really nice to see some old friends around from Frugals back into Falcon simming.

Brian/RAM22

Much appreciated, Brian. I deviated slightly, but the framerates are still very good and the sim looks excellent.

My next problem is setting up the radios. I can't seem to figure it out from the manual. I have read thru the "Radios in the Falcon4 World" chapter, but it makes no sense to me. Is there a tutorial on it somewhere, preferably video?

I want you all to know that I very much appreciate your patience with me.

HAHA, I don't really futz with the radios. When I setup, the only thing I do with comms when I load the DTC is Set the Tower on Preset 0 and Save and if it's planned to do a Hotpit fuel I set whatever airbase tower freq to Preset 1 and Save.

I don't have the time to play campaign myself or get to involved as Developing takes all my time.

Brian

beetlebailey1 LAN_WROTE ...

Much appreciated, Brian. I deviated slightly, but the framerates are still very good and the sim looks excellent.

My next problem is setting up the radios. I can't seem to figure it out from the manual. I have read thru the "Radios in the Falcon4 World" chapter, but it makes no sense to me. Is there a tutorial on it somewhere, preferably video?

I want you all to know that I very much appreciate your patience with me.