Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

require URGENT assistance.

=VG= Murderface0151

okay so this morning i woke up, everything seemed normal. then BAM - Steam decided to not let me log on no matter what i did. so i destroyed it from my PC, completely removed, even in Registry.

i re-installed it cleanly and let it update... then all of my games are dimmed out. why is this? i have ALL of my game files ON MY DAMN HDD. yet steam FAILS to recognise that they are there. they're all in the Steamapps folder sitting pretty. i can't seem to restore them for some reason?

the only option its giving me is to re-download the lot! and i'm not doing that... ever. i downloaded Portal 2 and Shogun 2 last night... ~25gb worth of data.

WHY OH WHY!?!?! Steam is frustrating me so much. i'm desperate... someone please help me :(

Murder.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh god, never never never uninstall steam without making backups...

basically if you uninstall steam you also uninstall every game you have installed through it. You can back them up manually, but other than that they cant be recovered unless you re download them. i'm not sure why you cant import games into steam from your HD without a backup, im guessing its a kind of DRM so you dont just copy the folder of someone else and import legit to steam. most games now should keep your saved data and settings in the steam cloud, however.

sucks man. i had to redownload all my shit once when i had to reinstall my OS to fix some problems..not fun.

but i have given them money for this... and all i get is SHIT service. and Terrermer, i had my own steamapps folder saved with all my games inside it. i didnt delete that, just removed the Steam files.

i'm looking at the games right now in Steamapps. i put them back in and replaced the new steamapps folder with my one, with all the games in it. (if you follow me still) and it's just NOT showing them and is completely failing to detect them. even though i have them on my damn hard drive. this service is SHIT and i CURSE Steam.

i've done it a few times before...

it's completely ridiculous that they are allowed to do this. and i'm getting shafted because in NZ you pay for internet by the GB not on a monthly plan or anything. it's always me that gets dumped with these damn problems.

they sanction the steamapps moving method on their site. i followed their steps to the T. but it not happen like they said it would lol. oh well, i'm over it. had 12 hours of raging and cursing and thats pushed it through lol. still...102GB of games.. -___-

You should have just cleared all your cookies in the first place and you should have been able to log in no problem and you could have saved yourself all the headaches, unless you tried that and it didn't work in which case nevermind cuz I don't know either. n Blud, you my friend are truly sick and twisted, I EFFING HATE STEAM!

Murderface LAN_WROTE ...

they sanction the steamapps moving method on their site. i followed their steps to the T. but it not happen like they said it would lol. oh well, i'm over it. had 12 hours of raging and cursing and thats pushed it through lol. still...102GB of games.. -___-

...and if those don't work, you always got sheep. !giveheart

(just kidding mate! Merry Christmas!)