Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR .97 issues

bnorcross

I am seeing two issues since upgrading to PR .97. I get completely kicked out of the game all the way to the desktop. Teamspeak still works other programs still work. The other issue is, every once in a while, the program give me a hourglass mouse and a noise and when I get to the desktop I see a memory.dll allocation error message. Again no other programs seem to create the issue. BTW the memory.dll error is coming from the PR directory. I have run several memory tests with no failures. Has anyone else seen problems since .97? Any other ideas?

Lamb2

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played the latest version of PR much but BF2 will crash to desktop every so often when running PR.. it helps to have textures set to MEDIUM in your graphics settings (no matter what your vid card is).

If that doesn't help write down the actual .dll error message and see what google comes up with

The issues arises from the program asking for a memory allocation that is beyond 2GB. One fix is as follows:

you may need to temporarily disable UAC/run as administrator for this to work
Go to a DOS window by typing CMD into your "search programs and files" or go into Run
type bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072 and press enter

It seems to have fixed it for me. I will have to try Windows 7 64Bit and more than 4GB of ram with the 3GB option removed and see what happens. It will be awhile before I can look into it.

Lamb2