Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

DCS roll call

Guest Chaz

I've created a couple of of online "training" missions to get familiar with the aircraft flight model and weapons systems. Simple missions that you can hop in the A-10 which will require a full engine start (7-10 minutes) OR engines already running. Then depart and fly to a designated "weapons range". Most targets are just static tanks, trucks, personnel-- no AAA or SAMs.

No doubt, it's a complex sim, but meeting up and collaborating is the best way to pick up pointers from each other.

For those that have A-10C, post here and lets try to meet up online.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blud, just do the tutorials over and over. It may seem slow at first, but after several attempts, You will find yourself "ahead" of the instructor and that's when you know you can do it on your own.

Engine start: From dark cockpit to taxi takes about 8-10 minutes. It takes a few minutes just to start the APU and engines. Another 4 minutes to align the INS. I've got it down to about 7 minutes.

Like I mentioned before, the online missions I created have some aircraft that require a full start and other aircraft that are ready to taxi (like FreeFalcon). The TGP is complex compared to Falcon. That tutorial requires patience, but is rewarding once you understand it.

The profile I stickied is good, but I'm searching for a better one. Specifically one that has a PTT for TS3.

Anyone else? Bones? Asp? Bueller?

I really want to get some DCS going here at VG. Just been bogged down with buying and selling our house. Current place is littered with boxes for the move Anyways, once we finally get settled in our new pad I'll have more time. And a new Obutto cockpit! http://www.obutto.com/

Yup not enough time at the moment. A world of work fell on me just as I was working my way through the tuts. I've only managed an evening or two on PR. Tonight though I'm gonna go flyin' :D
Off on holiday on Friday so I've put the pdf manuals on my iPad to study while I'm away.
When I get back hopefully will be able to join up with guys for some online flying.

• 1 month later...
Well I can start her up and get her in the air now, no problem, now I've got to learn how to fight with it. I tried the Hideout mission, thinking I knew enough and got given a hard lesson I must say. I was trying to fire a Maverick but my mind went blank when I saw a SAM coming up at me lol
A very unforgiving sim. Back to the manuals and tutorials :D

• 1 year later...