Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

HAPPY ANIVERSARY! PROJECT LONGEVITY

De4dByD4wn

I still remember seein the article on a BF2 realism mod..
M.O.T.Y. 2008 no less, & the NEW v0.85 that had been released that day.
The date was JAN 23, 2009. I DL'd, played, & was hooked.
I was a member of Hardcore Gaming Clan by March of 09' & havent stopped playin PR since (for long).

Hard to believe Jan 23 2016 (in 2 days) marks me & PR's 7 YEAR anniversary.
She's a fickle beast, but I love her.

So Thank You, VETERAN'S GAMING! You've been a HUGE part of at least the last 4+yrs.
Great group of ppl & STILL THE BEST. Thx for havin me as part of your extended family,
& a guest admin all these yrs.

Going stand alone really helped rejuvinate the player base, at the expense of a tsunami of noobs.
Krumper Koncrete(SK) explains whats its like bein a quest admin on VG these days.

"Timbs strapped up to my neck. I buck wit THE VETS."
https://www.youtube.com/embed/L_mIiKkUEC0

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fond memories indeed! It was in the Fall of 2009 that I got Battlefield 2 after a break from PC gaming of over 5 years, my last memories being Battlefield 1942 and the Desert Combat Mod on an Old Farts Gaming Server. By New Years 2010, I was more than fed up with the nade spamming and dolphin diving and started looking for a mod to keep the game playable - I discovered this Project Reality mod and was so impressed with how complete it was, including an instruction manual.

I searched for the best servers running Project Reality, and shacked up with a dude named Coeman and the Hardcore Clan =]H[= and it was the most realistic PvP online game I had ever played - the map size was HUGE to me, and as a Medic, I rarely fired my gun. It was quite an experience - but also, a very long time between action, too much waiting around (very real, very cool) - but not quite me. I found a more casual game mode in PR called COOP - and the largest, most populated server running it was VETERANS-GAMING.

Met some cool dudes named Raven800, LittleTortiaBoy, and RobotFungus - logged over 2000 hours like it was nothing, and spent near 900 of those hours as a Gunship Pilot with Raven800 as my front gunner. Those were the days!
Couple of those dudes encouraged me to join the VETERANS-GAMING Website - and the rest is history.

Thanks from me as well - VG got me through some tough times when I was unable to work, and felt very unproductive playing games all the time. VG gave me the chance to write and share pics/stories, and to be part of a community. I'm eternally grateful!

!hi

Here is my PR story.

I played bf2 since release and played it more than 3 years. Than i played the first mods (Allied Intend, AIX, OPK) but not PR because of the minum requirements of my machine. Than bf2142 was released and i stopped with bf2/mods and give bf2142 a chance.
After getting a new computer, one former Clanmember (i was a LAG clanmate) K4on introduced me in PR and he show me the Veterans-Gaming coop server (i was before an PvP gamer) and his words was:

This is the best coop gaming server you can find but watch out, they dont like trolls and ban you instantly, if you fuck around with other people.
After few matches i met BadPloy and he show me and others how to play PR. Best time of my PR gaming life.

Short time later, some =VG= members asked me to join =VG=. I left my former clan and joined Veterans Gaming.

I made a good decision to link up with =VG=.

Thanks De4d, you're definitely one of our most dedicated and least complained about admins. Cheers for being there for the PR server all these years. You and all the other great players are the ones who keep me around.

These days I don't play nearly as much PR as I used to, but that doesn't mean I love the server any less. I'll definately try to jump on next time I see you !giveheart