Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Applying for PR COOP server administrator

Yasutoki

Hey cause i didnt find the PR COOP application for admin topic so i will put this here but if its not in right please then can you tell me where should i post it :)

Name: Oliver
Ingame Name: Locuz
Where i live?: Estonia (europe)
Languages: English,Estonian,Little bit Russian too
How long i have played: about 2 months now
Why should i be the admin?: I should be a admin because i live in a timezone when there is a 13 players and not admins on so i see lots of teamkilling and asset stealing etc. Lots of players are reporting them on that time and theres no admins on teamspeak too. I would like to help them but i cant maybe i can post reports of them in the forum but they respond always in 2-4 hours and most of the time they get banned or just warned but it doesnt matter anymore because what happened happened already and it pisses me off i just want that all players could actually play peacefully in the server.

Thank you for reading this post :)

Becoming an admin, while some might say it shouldn't be too hard for a small community, is actually time-consuming and challenging. While we all understand your frustration with trolls in a regular basis, we need to take time to do this in order to avoid any harm to the community. I am NOT saying you will cause one, but we had a couple of cases where we facepalmed so hard because some admins decided to go above their privilege and stir up a hornet's nest. While you are waiting for other admins to approve your application, join TS and ask around if there is a troll in VG server. There are couple of admins always online on TS, and they can join fast if you need a help.

But enough of that, here are couple of "tips" many VG members will suggest to new people asking for an admin privilege:
1. Join TS and talk to regulars/admins/VG member. If you just do a casual, friendly talking with nice manner and calm voice, they will recognize you at some point and won't hesitate to recommend you to be the new VG server admin. Do not become an annoying one, and make sure to ask people if they are okay to talk before starting a conversation.

2. Play the game while following the rules. Yes i know this is kinda no-brainer for anybody with a brain, but sometimes even a regular decide not to follow rules because he thinks he will get a "free pass." Unfortunately, we don't do that kind of stuff here. Also, report any incidents or disturbance you see, and help admins the best you can.

3. Be a team player. Follow your squad leader's order(that is if they know what they're doing), and try to help other people out even if they are not asking. You see a friendly body on the street and you have a medic kit? Ask the body if he is revivable. You are flying a transport chopper and see a bunch of troops on top of building, pinned by enemy BTR fire? Drop a crate and see if they are smart enough to get LAT/HAT kit to kill it. Are you at the carrier deck and see a chopper burning bad on the pad due to enemy AA fire? Grab a combat engineer kit and help them repair faster. It is not that hard to take an extra step further and do something good for your team. You won't believe how many choppers i saved, how many people i revived, and how many FOBs i built that was a crucial part of the next flag, even though people didn't ask for it.

Hope this helps.
If there is anyone who wants to add something or change to my tips, please do so.
-ZZANG
  • Upvote 1

Zzang is on point, biggest step is regularly joining ts and talking with other players/admins. That will help you establish a presence in the community. Obviously VG needs to know more about someone to make them a moderator/admin on there server, as they represent the VG community on PR when a VG member is not present; ie a bad admin sets a bad example for VG's PR community. So make yourself known, and get to know some people in the community

Admins are asked to be on TS3 so they are easily reachable. Thwy don't need to be in the same channel as everyone else, but they need to be around so the can be contacted privately if need be.

Admin permissions are given based on numerous things. Most as zzang mentioned. Teamplay, rule following, respect for fellow players, maturity. There's also more chance of achieving mod privileges if a current admin recommends you, so get to know the admins. In the end it falls to a small discussion between a few of us.

@rotblut/anyone else experiencing, if there's admins you see breaking the rules or being disruptive. Or there's an issue you want to chat about, feel free to send me a pm anytime. I'll make aure it's dealt with.

Not to poke the bear here, but @Rotblut as Melon said PM him about an admin issue as it happens, not at a later date complaining about admins doing something wrong. As it doesn't resolve the issue. Apologies for directly it at you, but i've seen some complaints made about admins wrong doing on unrelated posts, with vague descriptions of misdeads. For the most part you can find a VG member on the website/teamspeak that can deal with a non-VG PR admin, also screenshots/recordings are your friend.
Friendly reminder what qualifies admin misconduct, as i understand is willful disregard of rule breaking/breaking rules themselves.
I've had people complain to me ingame and in teamspeak of me not admining quickly enough or admining at all.
Reminder that PR admins volunteer their time.

Sorry for taking over the post