Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR COOP, game play

xI_Yoda_Ix

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, lupago - in my opinion, it's their nature to be a noob at first, we should not discriminate them but embrace them like caressing a lady's bosom. But that's just life, new players join the game everytime, although I agree that it is their duty to read the manuals, BUT we should always try to help out!

It's been my experience that it is not noobs doing the wrong thing. Yes they are unsure of how PR differs from BF and is expected. Noobs pull there heads in quickly when told what they are doing wrong. I'm talking about seasoned players who know what they are doing is wrong. It happens when admins are missing from the battle field.
I was prompted to make this post after my second map last night when after the last flag two squads just started TKing. In the next game I joined one of these squads only to learn that they all were aware of the rules. Melon joined the server and they all cautioned each other about their behavior.
The presence of admins in game solve the issue!

xI_Yoda_Ix LAN_WROTE ...

The presence of admins in game solve the issue!

But that's not a permanent fix. If those players were aware of the rules they should never have done that, even if no admin was present or will ever be. At least one admin should always be present, but sometimes that can't happen, and when that happens should the whole server start team killing? These people should be caught and dealt with.

CCCode =VG= wrote ...

But that's not a permanent fix. If those players were aware of the rules they should never have done that, even if no admin was present or will ever be. At least one admin should always be present, but sometimes that can't happen, and when that happens should the whole server start team killing? These people should be caught and dealt with.

amen.

The issue for me is the result of the time of day. I live in Australia and as such, my play opportunities are more often when most VG admins are asleep.
I'm happy to put my hand up to help patrol the server during those times. The question at hand is if the clan is happy to have me performing this task.
I can assure you that I am not Interested in anything other than improving game play during those hours when other admins are sleeping. I'm convinced that the presence of what is perceived as an admin in game will help to resolve the issue.
I'm happy to take on the responsibility even if access to admin resources are none existent.
I believe any VG plYer familiar with me would attest to the fact that I have the integrity and maturity to fulfill such a role.

Maybe we could change the types of punishment that are dealt to people who deliberately break the rules. Instead of having more admins on to continually kick players, we could have time-limit bans (2-day bans, week-bans). If there are no admins on and a team-killer gets kicked for being punished 3 times, they normally just re-join and start it up all over again.

People come onto the server because they want to play. Whether they want to play fairly or in the spirit of teamwork is a different thing altogether, but an effective way of punishing any player with bad-intentions is to simply not let them play. If they go to a different server because they were week-banned or something of the sort, then that's fine, as long as its not on this server.

I also find melon's "remove the tags to peek at what's going on" tactics to be very effective.

Just my 2 cents.

The problem with 3 times punish kicks/bans is, that if someone accitentaly tk-s someone(for example mortars) and gets banned for it, then its unfair if they have to wait until that timers goes down and ban gets lifted. I have had that problem for myself when operating mortars and someone runs into mortar fire or when someone gets tk-d by a glich.

We have a password for TS.
Why not introduce a password for the server?
Create a page on the forums where the user has to read and agree to some basic rules before being given the password.
In this way you know the users are aware of e rules and the punishment for doing the wrong thing. Increase the degree of punishment eg switches idea and I would expect the overall game play in the server would improve while keeping the fools out.
Advise people of the password in the training server directing them to the forum. It may also be wise to advise people in the coop server for a period of say a month that the password is coming!
Thoughts?

xI_Yoda_Ix LAN_WROTE ...

We have a password for TS.
Why not introduce a password for the server?
Create a page on the forums where the user has to read and agree to some basic rules before being given the password.
In this way you know the users are aware of e rules and the punishment for doing the wrong thing. Increase the degree of punishment eg switches idea and I would expect the overall game play in the server would improve while keeping the fools out.
Advise people of the password in the training server directing them to the forum. It may also be wise to advise people in the coop server for a period of say a month that the password is coming!
Thoughts?

That would stop probably around 30-50% of newcomers from joining the server, which is really bad. Why? Well, you'd have to alt-tab out of PR (which might even crash PR, I've had that several times before) and then go to our site and search for the password in the forum. When you don't know anything about two clan servers, why would you join one, and not the other? Because you don't want to waste your time searching for a password to join one when you can just double click the other server to join that. And why is this bad? We want as many people to visit our site and get involved as possible. PR is also where most of the people that stay with us come from.

So... I think putting a password on the PR server is a really, really bad idea.

We will make continued efforts to curb distruptive players from messing with players on the server. There is a key point being brought up in this thread, and then glossed over - the PLAYERS have the power, not the teamkillers and asshats. It is 3:30am PST US right now, and I see several =VG= members in the TS3 server.

My point is, as the player, you don't need to be an admin. If you poke one of us, we'll nab them. If you screen shot the event, the name, you can be an undercover agent yourself! Your report of flashjack or whoever was great!

You can say so much more with a picture, and you'd have no problem continuing to play, not worrying about remembering some dicks stupid ass name. We'll clear it up asap!

SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

You can say so much more with a picture, and you'd have no problem continuing to play, not worrying about remembering some dicks stupid ass name. We'll clear it up asap!

I have tried this "screen shot" in the past and I can't seem to get it to work.
It is my understanding that it is a simple thing of pressing "print screen" but it just doesn't seem to work on my PC
Any advice would be great!