Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR rant

sillymoose

Been playing PR coop for over a month and a half now and my experience has been generally positive. It's nice to see a game where everyone with different roles utilize teamwork to achieve a common goal. I personally have made several good friends on the server and it's always a blast when we're on the battlefield.

Now to the meat of the post here. Not that it has been a trend or anything but I and other players have noticed that from time to time both admin/non-admin players behave in a manner that makes gameplay a less-than enjoyable experience. I acknowledge the fact that we're all human. Sometimes we have a bad day and we turn to things like games as a form of escape and usually we're upset/frustrated/angry/sad/etc. All of that is understandable. It's only when someone decides to take those negative feels out on fellow players that is inexcusable. If you are that person and you're upset to the point where you do such things, it's probably best that you don't play. All you're doing is making everyone miserable. Go and confront that problem or find a different outlet to take your frustrations out on where it won't bother others. At the same token, nobody can make you leave. And to the players that feel they can't tolerate said person, just leave and come back later. I know that 's odd considering you aren't doing anything to detract from gameplay but it's better in the long run. Don't stick around and make the situation even worse than it already is.

A note to those with admin privileges, apart from the occasional troll, with the relatively small community that makes up the frequent players on the server I firmly believe we're all here to have a good time. Accidents happen, whether it be a tk, someone taking an asset that doesn't belong to them, and so on. Admins are not infallible beings and also make mistakes. Remember that your powers are not what make you an admin but the fact that you strive to serve as a role model to others on the field. However, if you abuse your privileges or act in a way undeserving of an admin and a video gamer, I'll see to it that you get reported and possibly get your status revoked. An admin ought to know better than to take his aggression out on fellow players.

This rant went on a little longer than I had originally anticipated but I hope my insights prove useful to newcomers and veterans alike. I decided to post this in general since I believe it applies to all games. Anyway, good hunting and I'll you all on the field.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are having any problems with players in the server, admin or non, you can either report ingame, post like this as you have done, or pm the VG members that deal the most with the PR server; those being VG LemurLemur, VG Ben, and VG Mikel. You can always hop on the VG teamspeak if you need to speak to an admin directly, or just want to hang. There is usually an admin in the ts3. See you on the battlefield soldier!

sillymoose LAN_WROTE ...

Accidents happen, whether it be a tk, someone taking an asset that doesn't belong to them, and so on. Admins are not infallible beings and also make mistakes. Remember that your powers are not what make you an admin but the fact that you strive to serve as a role model to others on the field. However, if you abuse your privileges or act in a way undeserving of an admin and a video gamer, I'll see to it that you get reported and possibly get your status revoked. An admin ought to know better than to take his aggression out on fellow players.

This ^^

Coming from half a year of admin experience, I know exactly what Sillymoose is talking about. I know we have a lot of new admins which is great, but know that you were selected for a reason. It is an admin's duty to ensure the smoothest possible uninterrupted game experience for everyone on the server. It goes beyond simply warning and kicking. Every action taken should SERIOUSLY be thought out beforehand to avoid future conflicts. You are here as a role model for the players and stand for VG. Show kindness where it is needed, and show responsibility ONLY where it is necessary.

Like yang said its their job to make sure everything is running smooth and no problems are on the server, not to be a problem themselves. But like you said we are all human, we have those days. We all really appreciate reports like this and it helps us to ensure the server is running properly. If you or anyone should have a problem in the future, make a thread or let ANY VG member know of a situation and it will be dealt with.

your friendly neighborhood Lemur

Hey Sillymoose. If you a have something solid, post the name here. Is not the first time when admin rights are suspended, unfortunately. Few days ago I heard bad rumours about a guy I know for years. The sides involved in this (accusator and the allegedly guilty man) refused to have a chat about the problem. Therefore nothing was solved. So state the problem directly and lets see how or if we can solve it in a satisfactory manner.
Peace brother,
ZT

Like everyone says, we won't bite (maybe just a nibbling). But yes, the admins are bound to their commitment to make the server a safe and fun environment for all players. Players have the freedom to express their opinions about admins, 'cuz 'Murica! Feel free to speak about it to one of the admins, and they'll try to solve the problem, or perhaps improve the situation/themelves if needed be. If all else fails, a revolution might wor- *cough*
Like Lemur said, its their job to make things just.
Let justice be done, though the heavens fall!