Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Teamkilling on COOP server

WhiteWolf

I started playing PR in 2009. On VG COOP probably since then.

Teamkilling is getting bad again. Today takes the cake.

3 of us are trying to help CAS/Trans by taking out AA. Then BOOM. We're dead by CAS. I know how hard it is to play CAS at times. Been there. Still - I hear "sorry but we're the CAS you know". "you should tell us if you're going to go there" or something like that.

Seriously? Making it sound like it's my fault that we were teamkilled?

It's sorta funny cause when we did call for CAS support in North City, we got "NEGATIVE" as a response.
noob infantry vs Scimi, Tank, 2 BTR's and a Techi. No CAS help until only the techie and btr were left.

Whitewolf/Teejay if you guys are german then I've played with you guys alot in the past. When I accidentally teamkill someone - as an admin on our server - I just say "I am so sorry. I screwed up" NO CONDITIONS.

just an FYI

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to go for the "big" team play goal of cross squad help, like Squad vs. AA for the benefit of all, then communication must come first. As CAS, I always had 2 initial targets on Mutrah: AA - on other maps there were more, I knew just where they were.

Most infantry did as well, and rarely did we get that one squad who was gonna help. Kudos to you for your attempt!! Do not get discouraged, just get more players on the same page the next time.

And, I agree with you with regards to the rather apathetic apology you received after the event happened.
WhiteWolf, you are not responsible for Teejay's shit - but shit does need to stop. A game without rules sucks, and the lack of personal accountability on part of these other gamers like Teejay is something that good regular gamers should not be shunned by.
Just know, we are trying to curb that TK attitude, and there is a consensus to pay closer attention to what is happening in the PR server - rest assured, I'll personally be spending plenty of time there if I am able to get a working rig before new years.

I personally feel for you - I often ran AT squads that focused on CAS AA assists - not talkin out of my ass, it can be done, but communication is the first thing! You will get accidentally killed in an area that is so frequently fragged by CAS if they do not know you are there or do not actively acknowledge it. Hell, spam the text box if you have to just to get a response, just know that there are language barriers, so como-rose can be your only way. Finally, barring that, your job is to keep your team alive if you are the squad leader, if you cannot pop smoke and communicate that the AA roof is now BLUFOR, you are the one who should evac otherwise face known and expected friendly fire on the AA. It is your job to communicate, but that was indeed a sortof dick way to apologize (if that was what that was).

Here is us doing just what you said, and died doing, but we communicated (and forced a solid response) from como-rose commands, popped smoke, and text messages in game.

We didn't even have the C4 this time and needed another chopper to deliver (which he failed at twice before this vid, dropping the crate off the roof into the courtyard full of bots):

Personally, I discourage people to run to stationary AAs. on Muttrah when I'm doing CAS as I know where they are and I like to be the one that takes them down so I could start a respawn timer. What I usually do is warn people on chat twice and then do a hydra/hellfire run on the AA. I know that this may seem a bad habit and be pain in the arse, but it is really annoying when you have someone next to AA and knifing the gunner. Specially when knowing that bots don't have weapon cooldown timer and they can fire instantly as they spawn on the weapon.

Like Semler said, communication is very important in these kind of situations, but I personally think, that inf should stay away from stationary AAs unless asked otherwise from CAS squad.

In situations like that, partial blame can go either to both the infantry and CAS. Like what T.E.D.F. And SemplarPDX stated.

"Communication is CRUCIAL to avoid teamfire and accidents like these."

I was once forced on that same map to risk TKing friendlies or be destroyed by AA due to miscommunication, I was fortunate that when I fired, i missed friendlies.

As for Teejay, his excuse for accidently tking you is nothing but jiberishness.

MikelZeplin LAN_WROTE ...

Question, why was it necessary to have three people on one stinger?

LMAO! We had arrived without C4, and with prior plans with TRANS to drop us a crate to that roof, and due to the Zero Cooldown, a spawned Bot can instantly fire upon said TRANS friend coming with the C4 and the crate. We ensured that would not happen with triple coverage.

The funniest part, though, was that the TRANS came with the crate, and dropped it right off the roof. Then came back several minutes later, and did the same exact thing. Again, several minutes later, is when this video picks up, when he's coming back. We C4'd the SAM (every few minutes), Kept all OPFOR vehicles downed by AT, and most of the BLUFOR started spawning there. The entire South was taken much faster, and we coordinated a lot of teamwork from our vantage point.

Again, few PRO CAS players want this, as they do fine against SAM - we had poor CAS and helped out the big picture this way. Make sure you talk with CAS if you do this, like TEDF said!

I want to apologize to Whitewolf411

----------------------------------------------------

I want to edit this post. I DO NOT APOLOGIZE TO TEEJAY!
I just watched a live stream where Teejay threatened to teamkill someone driving the logi truck if he didn't give him the logi truck. "I'm using it for LAV" was his excuse. He is driving the LAV and leaves the LAV so obviously it wasn't "using it for the LAV" I didn't realize that ALL ASSETS are for =RS= clan membes when they want it.

If this is the kind of admins you have. I'm done.

1. Teejay is not an admin
2. I dont think its fair that you are blaming a whole clan for the actions of one person
All assets are not for RS members and we are not asset whores we equally use assets like everyone else. I apologize of behalf of teejay and thats not how i would want my members to behave when playing. i will talk to teejay about it and i thank you for bringing it up.

Teejay has been warned by me many times for his behaviour. Him and Air-pilot tking each other in mainbase, ive kicked both of them for repeatedly ignoring my requests for them to stop. I have also temp banned teejay for tking an afk guy in mainbase.

I have also heard several complaints about teejay when there are no admins online.

This behaviour has to stop.

He continues to disregard the rules and the friendly requests of admins in our teamspeak channel.

He seems to think that because he comes to teamspeak and says sorry every time that he is above the law.

I am recommending a temporary ban of a week or so, followed by an extended period of probation.

Poffadder has spoken with Teejay - the matter has been dealt with now.

Please feel free to report any further incidents to an admin or here on the forums.

*for the record, the video was posted as a worst case example of what happened to the OP - I the vid, we had no CAS and worried they may appear and kill us. Do not attack AA/SAM sites as infantry, unless for some special reason, like in the video, and even then, you risk death from BLUFOR (accidental TK's).

/locked