Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 3 VG mod list

=VG= SavageCDN

Wooz =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

I don?t like the Massi weapons, as nice as it is to get all those weapons, most are them are sub-par in quality(and add crate cuddle time) as for the skins, i quite like those, but are they necessary?

Also, i?d like to bring up a suggestion, i would like to see missions with forced 1st person, i feel that it kills the immersion when you can switch to 3rd person, also forces people to use the stance system...what do you guys think?

The argument comes up again with people who do not have equipment allowing them to turn there head on the move, the only kind of way they can tell what is going on around them is using 3rd person.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ingo =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

fhq accessories maybe and i know the m4/m16 and cool and all but the 5.56 round is useless in arma 3 also i have a slightly edited patrol ops mission that i would like on the server :P

I can?t seem to find the source, but i think they were implementing a new damage system/feature in the upcoming update, something that would put your guy into some kind of ragdoll when you got shot

Guest ColdNfreeziN =VG=
@gaz you can do the same stuff holding alt. I prefer to use alt, Track IR is honestly too sensative to use for arma until I get used to it. Also who would be having the advantage? We play coop :) Just want to throw my 2 cents in there as well :)

@wooz are you thinking of the body armor simulation?

@Cold not the mod that you posted if that?s what you mean, something from one of the SITREP?s or SPOTREP?s, still can?t find it.

@Gaz isn?t that one of the points of being in battle, not having full control of the situation? with 3rd person i find myself looking over walls, because i know i can, without it, i am forced to used the brilliant stance system ;)

It takes away immersion? Being forced to look down a 60 degree angle RUINS MY IMMERSION. I have no peripheral view or situational awarness. I like 1st person when I'm in combat but for patrolling and such 3rd person allows me to actually see my surrounding. And yes you can "cheat" in 3rd person but that just makes up for all the things I can't do in game that I could in real life.

Edit: Just realised this is about arma 3, so I don't care.

Topic hasn't got much about 3rd person - let it indeed be the end of that discussion in this thread. Make separate discussion thread for any further points, perhaps filling first post with quoted parts from this thread.
!offtopic

SavageCDN =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

I'd like to put together a set list of mods that we will use at VG. This will simplify things for mission makers as well as players. Any mods that you want added to the list must be tested by VG first before being included in the pack... mostly to prevent conflicts between mods.

I'm not sure if maps should be included here - thoughts?

Any mods we use must have the following:
- thread on BIS forums for feedback and questions
- proper working key file for the server (I'm looking at you, ACRE)
- testing approval to avoid conflicts and other mod-related issues

Here's what I'm thinking:

SERVER ONLY<br />@VTS_Ballistic        adds bullet drop and wind effects<br /><br /><br />SERVER AND CLIENT<br />@CBA_A3                core mod<br />@African_Conflit    units<br />@ALiVE                Pure Win<br />@BaBe_midTex        mid-range texture replacement<br />@bCombat            AI mod<br />@CAF                units - requires @HiddenIdentityPack<br />@cTab                commander tablet<br />@FA18_A3            F18<br />@HiddenIdentityPack required for @CAF<br />@mcc_sandbox_a3        Win<br />@mbg_killhouses_a3    adds enterable/breachable houses (Cinder City)<br />@RH_M4_A3            RobertHammer M4/M16 pack<br />@NATO_RUSSIAN_SF_Weapons   required by unit packs<br />@TaskForceRadio        the new ACRE<br />@TMR_Alt            weapon resting and other 'realism' features<br /><br /><br />CLIENT ONLY<br />@Blastcore_A3<br />@JSRS2<br />@sthud_a3<br /><br /><br />MAPS<br />@A3MP                a2 map pack<br />@Fallujah<br /><br />-if other A2 maps work by just having @A3MP running... *HAPPYHAPPY, JOYJOY*<br />

Any thoughts / suggestions?

After much thought and consideration, I would suggest removal of Massi's Weapons and Units pack. Although I think they are pretty good I think Robert Hammer's M4 pack is better and the units really are unnecessary.

BUT, if you are looking for new units with decent camo, I think this is the best looking camo out so far.
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22731

Last Sunday we did a AI Mod test on LAMBS. During the 2 hour test, we ran 4 scenarios with Bluefor vs. Opfor in different situations. The mods we tested were TPW and bCombat. Both mods are still WIP.

Even though both mods officially do not support MP as of yet, they do function in a MP environment. Currenly our preference is bCombat. Units seem to be more switched on when engaged. With bCombat they use cover better, are more agressive and seem more intelligent in general.
The main difference betweeon the mods imho is that units seem to be more defensive with TPW and more offensive with bCombat.

Drop me a line If you are interested in the test mission we used.

Out of interest does this mean the VG arma 3 server will be running these mods at all times? Do you plan to also host a vanilla server like on arma 2? I only ask because lets be honest unless ciros made a mission or theres an event no one really tends to go on arma 3 other than for a short play because they forget its awful. So it may be good for your guys dwindling numbers to host a decent vanilla arma 3 server. Also 3rd person ftw. :P

There's a few close versions of A3 vanilla insurgency. Most of them are just clearing red squares though, and the ones with caches don't have the suitcase intel. You have to try and capture a warlord for the intel but unfortunately he likes to shoot at you.

Ciro and I were working on one, but he has had other more important admin stuff to do and I'm just super lazy.