Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 3 VG mod list

=VG= SavageCDN

I'd like to put together a set list of mods that we will use at VG. This will simplify things for mission makers as well as players. Any mods that you want added to the list must be tested by VG first before being included in the pack... mostly to prevent conflicts between mods.

I'm not sure if maps should be included here - thoughts?

Any mods we use must have the following:
- thread on BIS forums for feedback and questions
- proper working key file for the server (I'm looking at you, ACRE)
- testing approval to avoid conflicts and other mod-related issues

Here's what I'm thinking:

SERVER ONLY<br />@VTS_Ballistic        adds bullet drop and wind effects<br /><br /><br />SERVER AND CLIENT<br />@CBA_A3                core mod<br />@African_Conflit    units<br />@ALiVE                Pure Win<br />@BaBe_midTex        mid-range texture replacement<br />@bCombat            AI mod<br />@CAF                units - requires @HiddenIdentityPack<br />@cTab                commander tablet<br />@FA18_A3            F18<br />@HiddenIdentityPack required for @CAF<br />@mcc_sandbox_a3        Win<br />@mbg_killhouses_a3    adds enterable/breachable houses (Cinder City)<br />@RH_M4_A3            RobertHammer M4/M16 pack<br />@NATO_RUSSIAN_SF_Weapons   required by unit packs<br />@TaskForceRadio        the new ACRE<br />@TMR_Alt            weapon resting and other 'realism' features<br /><br /><br />CLIENT ONLY<br />@Blastcore_A3<br />@JSRS2<br />@sthud_a3<br /><br /><br />MAPS<br />@A3MP                a2 map pack<br />@Fallujah<br /><br />-if other A2 maps work by just having @A3MP running... *HAPPYHAPPY, JOYJOY*<br />

Any thoughts / suggestions?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some additional Mods I would like to suggest are:-
@JS_JC_SU35 - Su35 Mod made by the same people that made the FA18. It's pretty much the same as the FA18 but it does give us another jet to play with.

@NATO_RUSSIAN_SF_Weapons - The core mode for massi's mods (@African_Conflict, @Mas_UK_SFTG, @MAS_USA_DECG, @USMC_A3, @Rus_spet_a3, @italian_sof_a3). Adds a lot of weapons, and units for the latter mods.

@mrb_a3_voicestop - This is a good one if you get tired of ENEMY. MAN. ONE CLICK. NORTH.

I like your list but there a few mods I have negative opinions on and these are:-
@VTS_Ballistic - In theory adding wind effect its cool and all, but last time we did missions with wind it made it impossible to hit anything even at close ranges and impossible to parachute properly. This mod may handle these things differently but these are issues we ran into with similar mods

@BaBe_midTex - I just don't see why you would want a texture pack for arma.

@Koplic - I personally just found koplic a horrible map to play, it was mainly just trees with little features, I also had a bug where when ever I would aim down sights I would get horrible lag spikes.

Yeah I forgot to include the NATO weapons pack which is required for @African_Conflict anyway.

voicestop - you can do that in the mission too although I can see the benefit of just having an addon

ballistic - to be honest I have yet to try it myself just heard good things about it and the tacBF guys use it as part of their required modset. Will check into it some more.

textures - personally i find the mid-range textures horrible (goes from nice grass to muddy looking flat terrain) but that is my view

koplic - I'm already sick of Altis and Stratis and wanted another A3 map to use. I'm also fine with using the A2 maps or Fallujah. I see what you mean about the details on the map.

Thx for replies

Koplic is very buggy during the day but at night it runs quite smooth, it has dense wooded areas and a few rivers that could be good for amphibious assaults but besides that its just about ok...
Only 3 things I can think of are:
FLAY http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21036 its a Handglider.
M110 http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23510
M4 http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23277
Besides that i like the list.

Guest ColdNfreeziN =VG=
I agree with the mod list of savage, but only if we can add RH M4's.

@ciro Why would we need a hang glider out of of curiosity?

Another thing we need to consider is the size of the modpack....some people dont ahve the greatest internet, or have limited bandwidth.

After some quick test, a few arma2 maps work in arma 3 with minimal issues (errors about missing models for destroyed humvees, and missing plants etc. Nothing game breaking) but some maps (Fata, Namalsk) have a horrible water line http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=217256745)

It also seems that VTS_Ballistic only affects rangers greater than 500Meters so my previous issues with wind are not relevent

Guest ColdNfreeziN =VG=
Whoops I derped :) On the other hand the next mcc mission will more than likely be using Task Force Radio because ACRE is having some conflicts with the mission. Look like it might be time for a training session? :)

Guest ColdNfreeziN =VG=
What revive mod are you using? If your using XMedSys its extremly buggy, and has issues with custom loadouts and ACRE radios. I Prefer to use Revive scripts until they fix Xmed. As for TFR, I would prefer to use ACRE over it, but ACRE throws up errors alot. I know I want to switch to ACRE when it gets updated to A3. :)

@Vetala: The water line is a known bug. It appears when there is a pond in the map somewhere, and I know some authors are just removing water on the maps to make them A3 compatible

Edit: Also Savage bCombat is Single player only right now. :)

I don?t like the Massi weapons, as nice as it is to get all those weapons, most are them are sub-par in quality(and add crate cuddle time) as for the skins, i quite like those, but are they necessary?

Also, i?d like to bring up a suggestion, i would like to see missions with forced 1st person, i feel that it kills the immersion when you can switch to 3rd person, also forces people to use the stance system...what do you guys think?

Whiz that one seems to be the best out there I've heard nothing but good things about it.. also works well for no-respawn missions.

re: bCombat - officially yes it is currently SP only however that will change soon. Unofficially it does work in MP with some minor issues.. mostly around AI locality and animations

re: 1st person - i'd have to agree 1st person is much more immersive my only complaint is the heavy breathing noises after 30 seconds of running. I think we can force 1st person through server difficulty setting and use a mod/script to allow 3rd person in vehicles

Guest ColdNfreeziN =VG=
@Savage: Yes. I have a script that currently does allow 3rd person in vehicles.
@whiz: A3Wounding conflicts with F3 mission framwork, so i've been using the default F3 mission Framework respawn with Xmed system. The newest Xmed fixes a few bugs that we were having. I want to switch as soon as possible, and I know that i want to go to RWS (link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169411-Realistic-Wounding-System-RWS )