Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Basic Chopper Practice Mission

Bobbus

http://www.veterans-gaming.com/vg-files/public/Chopper_Practice_1.1.Stratis.rar

Super basic chopper practice mission.
Supports up to 5 players.
Choppers are CAS so you can practice shooting at stuff too.
Scroll wheel to disable tail or main rotor, or fully repair and rearm.

Tested briefly and seemed to be fine so if anything is horribly nonfunctional tell me.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool, i'll have to check it out. I cant wait until the new maps and more choppers. Also I somewhat can't wait for AA emplacements and enemies with AA missiles, the only real air threat currently are ifrits with MGs. I kinda miss flying near an AO in arma 2 and having multiple rpgs flying through the air at the chopper

Bobbus LAN_WROTE ...

SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

I like the "break it" functions! Good to be able to easily practice an emergency procedure!
!2cool

It's a pity there's no autorotation at the moment so Break Main Rotor usually means Die Horribly In A Fireball.

For the opfor helio?
I was able to break the anti torque rotor on the littlebird via your script and rock it into forward flight then break the main rotor going 170 before I had a landing on a hill by the ye old hold z key till 5m above the ground and then hold the q key.
And I walked away from that landing ( repaired and flew off again )

I also thought that it was already present, but if not, ACE will come out, eventually, to fix it.

By the way, not a fan of mediafire for DL's. I've gone ahead and hosted that file here*. Let me know if you ever update it, I'll swap it out. And if you have any more, we'll just start a User Mission set in the Download area for them.
!cheers

[EDIT: *and I've already adjusted your link in the first post]

Jager LAN_WROTE ...
For the opfor helio?
I was able to break the anti torque rotor on the littlebird via your script and rock it into forward flight then break the main rotor going 170 before I had a landing on a hill by the ye old hold z key till 5m above the ground and then hold the q key.

Gonna test more now, but if there is autorotation it definitely isn't as powerful as it was in ACE.

FYI just noticed the addActions arent being put back onto choppers when they respawn. For the moment you have 5 of each type and then will have to restart but I will fix it tomorrow.

Edit 3: My whole life has been a lie. You're right about the autorotation. It's a lot harder to use than in ACE which was what I was comparing it to, so I never even realised it was present. Then again helicopters in ACE are a lot more responsive in general.
Anyhow, all I can do now is apologise to anyone who died because I couldn't land in the past. :P

Bobbus LAN_WROTE ...

Jager LAN_WROTE ...
For the opfor helio?

Gonna test more now, but if there is autorotation it definitely isn't as powerful as it was in ACE.

FYI just noticed the addActions arent being put back onto choppers when they respawn. For the moment you have 5 of each type and then will have to restart but I will fix it tomorrow.

Edit 3: My whole life has been a lie. You're right about the autorotation. It's a lot harder to use than in ACE which was what I was comparing it to, so I never even realised it was present. Then again helicopters in ACE are a lot more responsive in general.
Anyhow, all I can do now is apologise to anyone who died because I couldn't land in the past. :P

Hehe we live and learn, till only a half a year ago I did not know how to land the heavier helicopters either, I was only proficient in the lighter series (littlebird, blackhawk etc) but a video enlightened me to a slightly different flight pattern.
It can be seen here:
http://youtu.be/j-5xP4qMwsk

My normal response would be holding z but my rotors nearly stopped spinning at times so a gliding flight pattern was better, that being said those two missions were both played with ace and ace is generally more forgiving than vanilla.
http://youtu.be/_m2i6CGSCEQ

• 2 weeks later...