Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

arma III guide

orim553

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically the left CTRL key is now your "functions" key.

X crouch, Z prone
Press CTRL + W/S and you go one stance up/down.
CTRL + A/D and you move left/right, then you can use Q and E to lean even further.

Also pressing C will toggle the run while aiming mode (dont remember the name on the fly).

The rest you can figure out by either going to field manual in options or controls.

yeah if you use the preset A2 controls, youll still have to go through the bindings and find the keys that need to get rebound (IE. grenade, combat speed toggle, alt optics mode, and such). The A3 controls arent bad, they just take some time getting used to. On the other hand, atleast BI was gracious enough to include the old key setup in the alpha! +1 internets to them!!!!

Yeah, the arma 2 preset seems to work fine. got my combat speed toggle on my \ key which is next to shift, so ideal location.

No idea what to bind the grenade throw to, but considering that the grenade throwing seems to follow the A2 method of being more lethal to the thrower than the target, I doubt I'll use it much.

While the stance control is kinda cool, I can't see myself using it much, if at all, during combat. The only possibly situation I can see it being useful for is shooting over/under cover.

Calv =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Outlanders =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

You can use tab for grenades, if you don't use it for TS of course.

I can't wait for a "quiet" moment in mp ops when people start alt-tabbing :D

I'll likely stick grenades onto one of my mouse buttons, have one that is only used for Arma VON (So is pretty much never used).

Lol, yeah. I didn't think about that.