Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma3

kilgore

Arma 3 and the use of phsyx supposedly in it.
Any thoughts on this development .Phsyx would be a nice touch but at what loss to gameplay etc framrates.

Is it time for another version of Arma yet ?

Myself i look forward to it but as everyone knows already just how much a pc eater Arma is already ,just what kind of rig will you be needing to run the next version on ?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pssst! Isn't there already a ARMA 3 thread? Meh, whatever.

Aaaaanywho. Physyx would be a nice touch, and like other games that use Physyx, such as Mirror's Edge and Batman: Arkham Asylum, I'm sure ARMA 3 will give users an option of enabling and disabling it, thus providing reasonable framerates to those whose computer can't handle it. Issue nullified, next topic...

...like the grass. As seen in those screenshots, there's some pretty high grass there, and though I'm sure those screenshots were taken at highest settings, how are they going to get away with LOD grass at low settings? Will a sniper running at lowest graphics quality have the unfair advantage of a clean battlefield? Or will the infantryman at lowest settings have a distinct advantage over their sniper opponents, whose ghillie suits are rendered ineffective, when their grassy cover is not rendered at all? Even at highest settings, how far does the grass extend in the game-world? Will you be able to see infantry from 400 meters, obscured by foliage and ground-based sprites as ARMA 2 has it? It's easy for me to spot those insurgents running through that corn field when I'm half a click away and the grass draw distance doesn't extend that far, but when I look through my scope and it's all suddenly loaded in front of me, finding that one fellow turns into a real challenge.

One solution I've always thought would be clever, is to make players semi-transparent at distant ranges, so that they blend into their environment appropriately at extreme range. Will ARMA 3 have a new nature environment system that disguises units in this fashion? Or do they have something more resource-intensive up their sleeves?

With my newly gotten video card, I'm one of those lucky bastards who doesn't harbor much complaint over improved graphics, but if there's one thing that I feel absolutely needs to be resolved in ARMA 3, it's the modeling of a new ghillie suit that isn't made out of green and brown Papier-m?ch?.

minimum requirements:

operating system: Windows 7 / Vista
Prozessor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4
videocard: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 (Shader Model 3 and 896 MB RAM)
RAM: 2 GB
harddrive: 15 GB free space
DVD: Dual Layer compatible
DirectX: 10

• 5 months later...