Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

[Beta Test Mission] Operation Guardian 12-28

Guest ColdNfreeziN

Hi everyone been working on my new mission for sometime now, and figured its time for a testing.

Operation Guardian

Type: Coop
Players:16-34 (Only the Bravo squads need to be filled to complete this mission effectivley)
Briefing: Earlier today 2nd Armored Battalion Came into contact with an unknown CSAT force. We have tried to make contact with them, but the CSAT forces were too strong to reach them. We have been tasked to clear a path, and attempt to make contact with 2nd Armored Battalion.
Enemy Force:With CSAT activity ramping up in the area we have lintel that suggests that they have light, and heavy armor in the area. We expect they have a battalion sized infantry force, or even more.

Everyone is welcome to come test this one out, and I mean everyone :)

Alpha 1(Weapons Squad/Platoon Lead)

Platoon Leader:
RTO:
MMG:
MMG Ammo Bearer:
Heavy Anti-Tank:
HAT Ammo Bearer:
Medic:
EOD Technician:
Stranded Crew

Stranded Crew:
Stranded Crew:
Stranded Crew:
Stranded Crew:
Bravo1-1

Squad Lead:
Rifleman:
Rifleman:
Rifleman:
Rifleman:
Grenadier:
Automatic Rifleman:
Light Anti-Tank:
Bravo 1-2

Squad Lead:
Rifleman:
Rifleman:
Rifleman:
Rifleman:
Grenadier:
Automatic Rifleman:
Light Anti-Tank:
Charlie(Crew Section)

Driver 1:
Gunner 1:
Driver 2:
Gunner 2:
Driver 3:
Gunner 3:
Mod List

Changed From Task Force radio! (Its too damn confusing)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great what date/time were you thinking? That mod list is over 7GB so you're gonna need to give people time to download them all.

Also not sure if I need these mods server-side do you know?
@Vehicles_Refined
@tao_foldmap
@HRP

Agreed about Task Force Radio...until they work out the "have to change frequencies each time I die" problem it's too much of a PITA.

I was shooting for the 28th, I dont know a set time yet. im assuming we will go with your usual times and what not.

Mod list is so big because of JSRS, Blastcore, and A3MP. A3mp is all the original maps and objects from ARMA2 ported.

And I have no idea about those mods. Im assuming @HRP is not a server sided mod since it makes TrackIR able to move your camera out of the Vehicles. The others I do not know about.

@Murder 7gb including JSRS, and Blastcore. The Arma2 Map Pack is 5gb.

@Savage I really think we can get a good test with with 16, but im assuming it will work with 12 people. It just might take a little bit longer to complete with only 12.
@Wooz Sounds good, Thanks :)

ARMA3 Mods??? oh great, hadn't done any mods for it but I guess I can try to figure out how to set it up.

Is there going to be a temp server up to insure those of us who are unfamiliar can make sure we can connect? Hate being one of those who can't connect at the last minute over a mod that is missing.

Usual time? well I have been away to long to know that !help

First of all Merry Christmas! and I should be in for this and i shall be trying to drag some LAMBS crew with me but..

Down side is that i just read on the official mod forum page for @A3MP and its been updated to 1.2 and that there's no patch for the version its aparently just a straight up 5gig+ download again. Personally ill be able to download this again before the 28th but i would imagine that this is going to cause issues, if not with the mission itself then perhaps peoples attendance in downloading the new files at least judging by some of the responses.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170241-A3MP-ArmA-3-Map-Pack

So difficult questions incoming! (as many ARMA ones are when it comes to tech issues)

Do we need to begin downloading? or use the old one
Does this muck up your plans? etc? dates etc?

Merry Christmas from the Grinch of ever hopeful ARMA Sessions

@Ingo. Been working on geting it up. Forgot about uploading it last night. Syncing on Dropbox now. Ill update the post when its done. :)

UPDATE: Update your A3MP. I just got done porting the mission over to the new updated version. Takistan Created a weird disco bug. The update fixes the problem. It looks like we are all ready to roll now. If anyone needs help with mods don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Just to be clear we are OK to update to 1.2 version of @A3MP correct?

Version is available through six-updater or from Armaholic
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23863

server will be setup with mods by tomorrow afternoon EST (say about 8pm GMT)