Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

=VG= Arma3 Alpha Server

=VG= SavageCDN

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ all three definitely up..sometimes you need to refresh the MP browser a few times to get them all to show up (thank you GameSpy)

So seems to be OK now? One crash reported earlier but that is all I think.

Oh and that radio script.. does it suck?

Also does anyone else get problems like Outlanders, where you are kicked regularly for signature check timeouts?

Outlanders - have you tried after the update and same problem?

All three servers up for 5+ hours now !boss

Big thanks to those doing the in-game admin... it does suck at times

If you are a regular player on our servers and would like admin please post a request here. No guarantees but you will be considered !senile

Domi needs the nofire zone increased to 800m or 1km. DIcks like to take hunters just outside of the zone and shoot down helos.

It's been full most of the night. with some arcade tweaks I think this can be the main mission for the servers. It certainly requires more skill.

-Replace MHQ with squad spawn or rally system.
-Change the fire teams to eight man squads with balanced kit. Similar to INS for Stratis.
-AND RIP OUT THE BATTLEFIELD 2 and 3 SOUND FILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SavageCDN =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

^ all three definitely up..sometimes you need to refresh the MP browser a few times to get them all to show up (thank you GameSpy)

So seems to be OK now? One crash reported earlier but that is all I think.

Oh and that radio script.. does it suck?

Also does anyone else get problems like Outlanders, where you are kicked regularly for signature check timeouts?

Outlanders - have you tried after the update and same problem?

All three servers up for 5+ hours now !boss

If you are a regular player on our servers and would like admin please post a request here. No guarantees but you will be considered !senile
I would like admin savage Veterans-gaming is the only servers i play on, when playing Arma 3 so ye i know im kinda new on the forums also to arma 3

@ks080, unfortunately that is impossible, we don't give admins even to some friends of our clan, so you cannot get one at this point.

stay playing, remain active both here and on our TS3 channel we could talk about it,
just remember that it will take a loong time to get that trust that you are required to have for those admin rights.

Actually Castor I had made the offer in a previous post... I figured if there are regulars we get to know there would be no problem giving admin... as right now we can only admin the servers by actually being in-game.

@PITN - are you referring to Domination or Insurgency mission?

Removing the battlefield stuff from the mission would be nice, and yes, Agree that it is a high contender -- still would be nice to have 1 insurgency running though. Preferably the squad sizes should be able to fit in 1 KA60 with pilot/copilot already taking up spots -- so that means what, 7? Perhaps even have both 4 and 7 man teams. 4 man team can easily fit into a MH-9 whereas the rest would be driving or transported via KA60.

I liked having the MHQ there, more so than having the "weird" squad flags -- even if they help squad up after the untimely demise it kind of is more 'immersion breaking' than being able to teleport from a port-a-potty to a vehicle deployed.

It would be nice if you were able to lock vehicles, or even have 2 vehicles (1 Armed + 1 non-armed = 7 people) tasked per squad so only those could use them + also have 'free' vehicles, be it Blue, Green or Red available around.

The mission start at 0600(Think it is?) is a bit early since it takes a long time for it to get dark, perchance starting at 1200 or 1400 hours so you get a chance to fight some night missions as well?

(Talking about the PUB3 server running Domination-32 Veteran last night... )

As long as #vote restart and #vote mission work I dont see any need for admin. Maybe there needs to be a anti-TK script that locks the player at a execution spot in the base so you are actually allowed to gun down those bastards instead of just hoping they get banned/kicked at one point :)

Actually Castor I had made the offer in a previous post... I figured if there are regulars we get to know there would be no problem giving admin... as right now we can only admin the servers by actually being in-game.

@PITN - are you referring to Domination or Insurgency mission?

You never get anything if you dont try:D

instant LAN_WROTE ...
Preferably the squad sizes should be able to fit in 1 KA60 with pilot/copilot already taking up spots -- so that means what, 7?

MH-9 seats 4 on skids + pilot and copilot.
AH-9 seats pilot and copilot only.
Ka60 Black seats 8 in back + pilot and copilot.
Ka60 Red not sure. I believe 8 in back + pilot and copilot also.

So a squad of 8 would fit in 1 Ka60 or 2 MH-9s. It's also ideal because as we saw last night it allows for 2 fireteams of 3 plus squad leader and squad medic.

BF stuff are you referring to the radio requests ripped from BF, the intro vid, or both?

Also please make sure you are clear on which mission when posting feedback.

1- Dynamic War Sandbox co25
2 - Insurgency DAP co32
3 - Domination AH

AW Domination. All of the sound files are ripped from BF2 or BF3.

The reason to remove MHQ was because lazy ppl like to spawn on it and then drive it instead of walking. Merging the fire teams and setting RP's would allow separate spawns and separate areas to attack from rather than a steady stream from the mhq. Which of course allways ends up either in the middle of theAO, in the bottom of a ravine, or (like last night) back at the airport as a pilot taxi.

BUG: The vehicle repair pad at Stratis Airfield does not work on the Co30 AW Domination map.

The Chopper Repair pad only refuel/repair but no way to re-arm the hunters.

WTF: So, I am on CO30 Domination (Pub 3) server in my hunter, parked next to a ifrit that is abandoned, all of a sudden two friendlies somewhere else die and I am logged as TK -- so I am stuck staring at the black screen. Some time later We are assaulting Camp Tempest, I am in a Hunter Turret, watching for enemies -- unbeknownst to me, friendlies have decided to put up a firing line next to my vehicle -- that blows up (from what I do not know) and I am logged as TK for that as well, now having to restart the game.

PITN LAN_WROTE ...
BTW the mortars are still there. ;(

The mortars just suffer from the same issue as having a CAS chopper (ie, people throwing explosions wherever they want). They were really useful when used in a limited manner with a forward observer because the AI on Domination is brutal.

The other problem is that when you dismantle them you cannot pick up the bags so they are left sitting on the ground for the rest of the mission. There is also no way to rearm the mortar so once it's dry you have to build another.

Bobbus LAN_WROTE ...

PITN LAN_WROTE ...
BTW the mortars are still there. ;(

The mortars just suffer from the same issue as having a CAS chopper (ie, people throwing explosions wherever they want). They were really useful when used in a limited manner with a forward observer because the AI on Domination is brutal.

The other problem is that when you dismantle them you cannot pick up the bags so they are left sitting on the ground for the rest of the mission. There is also no way to rearm the mortar so once it's dry you have to build another.

I felt we had good use of the mortars last night when we drove to a area outside the AO and deployed two mortars in our little hunter. Using the UAV for spotting, sending coordinates, then watching splashes was nice -- just a shame the map couldn't be opened whilst in the UAV screen.