Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

=VG= Arma3 Alpha Server

=VG= SavageCDN

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All servers updated to latest 0.52 Alpha build!

Updated A3 Client-side Addons Pack (see 2nd post in this thread for details) - also available in Arma III TS channel file browser

All keys added to server

DWS mission updated to version N

-added sub radio script
-updated BTC revive
-increased # of lives from 10 to 50
-increased debug display time from every 3 minutes to every 5

Added Insurgency DAP mission (co32_Insurgency_DAP_095a.Stratis) - available for play

Steam on server is up to 270 hours played!

We are breaking 100GB of bandwidth on Arma dedi every day!!

no that is fucked :) Have you tried verifying game cache in Steam?

Also try defragging your hard drives

From what I can tell, it does the sig check when you join the server (maybe it's the same in Arma2?). On my PC my hard drive light goes solid for like 15-20 seconds during this check (and I have an SSD) which is the cause of the briefing screen 'lag' .... so I'm thinking the sig check stuff is not 100% for A3 yet? Also I think if your hard drive is on the slow side it can cause problems with signature timeouts at briefing.

More A3 server crashes than usual today... not sure if it's due to the patch or not. Putting all three back on version M of the mission (they were running ver N) to see if it's related to any changes

seems there may be patch issues
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151637-New-STEAM-patch-update-25th-March-2013

doesn't seem like mission version matters - putting back to ver N

some disheartening quotes from BIS forums:

i just keep getting no message received messages after about 10mins on any server.

well i've spent 4 hours on various different servers and every single one of them crashed after about 10 minutes with the red connection time out thing. wonder if it is a problem with the new update?

Indeed, there is a general crash with the last alpha update, tho I'm not sure it's because people are using old missions using scripts with the old class names or because of a bug.

I've checked the mission that is running there is no reference to the 2 (known) classnames that were changed:

B_Carryall_oucamo_Exp
(a backpack)

A3_Soft_F_Galkin
(OPFOR vehicle)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5920

Apparently this is the issue?

A bit more verbose: If a player throws two grenades shortly after each other, the server will crash.
If two players throw one grenade each at the same time, the server won't crash.

Setting one of the servers to private for now... I'm guessing that idiots will join and throw grenades just to crash the server.

From feedback thread:
We could not reproduce the issue without grenades yet. Our guys are playing on a now passworded server for 2+ hrs without any crashes (everyone knows about the grenades).

Saw some clones today
http://debian.veterans-gaming.com/~six/clones.jpg

Last night we had a long session of insurgency on the private server until someone (no names (Castor)) threw an accidental nade and crashed it. Apparently it can happen with single grenades too, sometimes.

I've had friends say chemlights work fine (though noone uses them anyway...) but that wasn't tested on VG servers.

The problem I could see with removing grenades is that people spawn with them, vehicles spawn with them and also people will need to have all their VAS saves reset again.
Would it be easier (or even possible) to add a copy of the spawn protection script across the whole map, limited to just throwables?

Well then... I guess we wait for BIS to fix the problem. Another option is the Dev branch which apparently does not have this issue (but probably has others being a dev build). This would mean updating the servers to Dev build, and all players would be forced to update as well, which I'm not too keen on doing, especially if a fix is being released soon (no idea if that is the case).

Please vote up this ticket - more votes = sooner fix. If you have the Alpha version you should have a login for this website as well (same as BIStudios forums or store site I think).

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5920

Posts from this morning:

dazhbog (developer)
Hotfix in progress, we don't want to force you to switch to dev servers as well :)

japapatramtara (developer)
In fact.. We're working on a new stable release build which could be distributed this during week

Dwarden: so btw. A3 alpha dev build was updated today with quite some of fixes and OA mergers

We've deployed a small hotfix to default branch to target a particularly nasty crash (does not contain any other changes from the Development branch!):

Crash related to grenade throwing fixed
Weapon visual and audio synchronization improved
Dedicated Server countdown fixed

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151644-Alpha-SPOTREPs&p=2356242&viewfull=1#post2356242

Can anyone check and see if Arma3 is updating with a small patch today?

Considering I only play MP on your servers I'd be fine with a DEV build :)

The Grenades stuff seems a bit troublesome to remove, unless there was a quick script to remove it from all units. Hopefully its fixed now, or I guess the closed server will see more action :)

My arma downloaded 306MiB today, but I think it was also the previous patch.

Yep small patch released just now with fixes. Taking down servers now to update.

Sorry for the lack of notice but this update fixes the problem with grenades, etc crashing the server.

Can someone join all three and make sure they are OK?