Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

=VG= Arma3 Alpha Server

=VG= SavageCDN

Murderface =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

being retextures we wouldn't be able to run them together with standard 'army' textures

Oh, but you can! You can even do it on a public mpmission with no mods! Just makes the missions file a little bigger. Those two textures at 100% would add 5mb or so to the mission.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know that you can change the paint on vehicles :) I don't think that the game is designed to simulate a SWAT scenario.

So I guess it would be fun to play a mission where you have to assault a building but not that you have to neutralize a complete drugs cartel that took over Stratis.

Personally I am more interested in more vehicles and weapons. A lot of countries use weapons like M4, M16 and many more! Another thing that would be nice is that the weapons are somewhat indexed to what role you wish to fulfill within a group (Submarine gun, Automatic Rifles, Assault rifles etc.)

Echo LAN_WROTE ...

So I guess it would be fun to play a mission where you have to assault a building but not that you have to neutralize a complete drugs cartel that took over Stratis.

Well, you did have that mission in ARMA2( or OA?) Where you were hunting War Criminals all over Chernarus which was kind-of a police action with military assets :)

instant LAN_WROTE ...

:))))

Is there only 1 server up now? Couldn't see any of the others. Hopefully we can get off DEV build soon to get more players on, assuming the haxx is fixed.

Running multiple servers only works on the DEV branch at the moment. I'm going to wait until stable branch is the same before adding more servers.

Echo LAN_WROTE ...

If you have Arma 2 Combined Operations we have an Insurgency ACE mission on Lingor involving SWAT vs Drug Gangs :)

Updated again from yesterday's DEV which should fix the issue of not being able to join the server

What about something like this mission for the server?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20738

Update:

So another DEV update today to fix the problem with the update from 2 days ago. The DEV version is a PITA to maintain so I'm switching back to STABLE version either later today or tomorrow... and we'll be sticking with STABLE until the beta is released.

^ link should still be good but I'll probably have to update some of those mods.. added the key files though so you should be able to join the server with them loaded (after the next server restart).

edit: restarted server key files should be working now... please let me know if you cannot join with a certain client-side mod

Terremer =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Rofl those messages about domi and not being able to livestream it..thats kinda ridiculous

also, the nvg, flocc, stance indicator and compass mods i had werent accepted, but i havent downloaded the pack in a long time so im not sure if they might be out of date or something.

I updated the client-side addons pack and took out the mods that weren't working (bad key files)

http://debian.veterans-gaming.com/~six/A3_Clientside_Addons_v2.zip

@BEARB_CH
@CBA_A3
@FA_gpstr_watermark
@norrn_rfl
@sthud
@tao_foldmap_a3

Rest were removed (ie: both stance indicator mods don't seem to work)

Also updated the Domi mission with the newest VAS ammobox script

Ingo =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

would it be possible to use the AllinArma mod on the server to run arma 2 maps?

I'm not sure.. do you know what is involved to make it work?

• 3 weeks later...
ok...back to stable branch (BETA) now.. can't wait for some decent missions to show up

edit: sorry i must have fucked something up it's still on DEV build.. and server is full ATM
might leave it for a day and see... if it stays full I'll leave it on DEV

Thoughts? I've left it on DEV build and server is pretty populated.. .should I leave it for now?