Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

=VG= Arma3 Alpha Server

=VG= SavageCDN

Server info:

Clan Info: If you're searching for a group of team play gamers then please give us a look. We operate well managed servers, and we have an awesome community of supporters!

ARMA 3 PUBLIC SERVER LIST

See our ARMA 3 TS3 "channel description" area for up-to-date server info: ts3.veterans-gaming.com

VETERANS-GAMING PUBLIC #1 ver. N Dynamic_War_Sandbox_VG
VETERANS-GAMING PUBLIC #2 ver. N Dynamic_War_Sandbox_VG
VETERANS-GAMING PUBLIC #3 ver. N Dynamic_War_Sandbox_VG

Missions:

Dynamic_War_Sandbox_VG

Dyn_War_Sand_VG_v14x_pub.Stratis
COOP max 25 players

Uses MSO's CQB populator and a few other MSO features (no persistence)
BTC revive, respawn and mobile respawn system
Virtual Ammobox System (replaced the fill scripts)*
BTC Teamkiller script - disabled for now while server is passworded
Scripts to prevent grenade throwing in base

Original mission by zorrobyte and MSO Dev Team

AWS Domination

co30_AW_Domination_VG_1a.Stratis
COOP max 30 players

Removed as server default although still available for selection - needs more work before full release.

Original mission by AWS

*Due to a bug with ammo box fill scripts and the Alpha version there will be missions (that use a fill script) which will cause lag running on the server, especially at higher player counts.

If you want to check out some missions on your own and perhaps post your results here (ie: does it suck? how many players? COOP or DM?)

Feedback re: missions or server setup would be appreciated.

!gam

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Client-side Pack - click link below to download files and read install instructions below

*** THESE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO JOIN THE SERVER ***

If you don't see an addon here it's probably because it does not have a server .bikey file. Any mods we use on our servers MUST have this key file or else we cannot use them.

** If you have downloaded previous versions please remove them and update with v2 pack **

A3_Clientside_Addons_v2.zip
http://debian.veterans-gaming.com/~six/A3_Clientside_Addons_v2.zip

Info:

@CBA_A3 (required for some other addons)
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147535-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-ARMA-3-Alpha

@sthud - ShacTac fireteam HUD *
https://dev-heaven.net/projects/sthud/files?sort=created_on%3Adesc%2Cfilename (top file sthud_A3)

@HMM_StanceIndicator - 1st person Stance indicator *
**THIS WAS REMOVED DUE TO A PROBLEM WITH THE MODs SERVER KEY FILE**

@FA_gpstr_watermark - Move GPS to top right of screen
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148485-FA_gps-Get-that-GPS-out-of-my-face!

@BEARB_Compass - Digital Compass indicator *
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150533-Digital-Compass-Bearing

@tao_foldmap_a3 - Selectable small 'folded' map on screen *
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148517-Tao-Folding-Map-2-1

@norrn_rflocc - CQB Rifle Collision fix (WIP) *
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147706-Rifle-Collision-Addon

To unzip files:
7zip http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Installing the Arma3 Clientside Addons Pack:

Download the zip file (top link in post - A3_Clientside_Addons_v2.zip) and extract it to your Arma3 install directory (ie: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3).

You should now see a bunch of new folders there:

@CBA_A3
@FA_gpstr_watermark
@BEARB_Compass *
@norrn_rflocc *
@sthud *
@tao_foldmap_a3 *

There is also a \userconfig folder included in the .zip - make sure it gets extracted as well into your Arma 3 directory (this is for the compass mod).

Launch Arma3, Main menu, Options, Expansions
Select each @mod folder and click Enable
Click OK then Restart Now - game will restart with those mods enabled. To disable, go back to Expansions, uncheck, restart.

PLEASE NOTE: @CBA_A3 is required for some mods, marked with *

March 14th v1a - updated Norrins Rifle Collisions and CBA version

March 25th v2 - updated all mods please remove existing folders and re-install

TortiaBoy =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

is the CQB Spawn thing set for ALL the towns or just individual towns? because 20% might be good for the main town but perhaps to much for the smaller one? if that makes sense at all...

saying that, is 100% the same number allocated to all towns no matter the size? or do they scale up/down depending on how much squares there are?

From the MSO manual re: CQB populator:

CQB_EnPop - Uses houses and fortification as spawnpoints, provides Close Quater Combat and brings
a new dimension to MSO. If players gets in range AI is spawned in houses, if out of range they are
moving back to their houses and get deleted (incl. groups). Uses a Serverside Garbage Collector, cleared
positions are stored to PDB.

Settings /// CQB AI Limit: Max. 10 AI spawned local on each client (20 players x 10 AI = 200 AI in crowded areas), ?Off? means the spawnpoint is suspended after 1 group has spawned

(recommended) /// CQB Group limit: Groupcount must be lower than this limit for CQB to spawn. Recommended settings are 10% / off / off (not change that until you know what you do). Use markers ammo and ammo_1 for a safezone of at least 1000 mtrs around base (it uses safe-zone setting from rmm_enpop or falls back to 1000 default). You have the option to place additional 10 Blacklist-markers on map, with name CQB_BL0 - CQB_BL9 for blacklists of 500m.

Spawns in any buildings/structures not just towns. More buildings = more spawns. More players in area = more spawns.

TortiaBoy =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

is the CQB Spawn thing set for ALL the towns or just individual towns? because 20% might be good for the main town but perhaps to much for the smaller one? if that makes sense at all...

It's an overall setting which also depends on the number of players in the area

Current settings are 20% pop with CQB AI Limit and CQB Group Limits OFF

From what I've read this mission is optimized for higher player counts (see the video for 61 player COOP - http://youtu.be/WBhSXDctY-g ) After testing yesterday the server was still at 45'ish FPS after about 2 hours.

I'll upload a newer version tonight with CQB cranked up to 40% and we'll see how it runs - or if there is an admin on today you can try restarting the server, go into paramters, and change the CQB Populator to 40% (don't change anything else for now)

^ it should be there if you filter for Veterans

Sometimes gamespy doesn't show the A2 servers either I think it is just that gamespy sucks :)

The only problem with removing the password now is we have no admin control over the server. The only way to deal with idiots is to actually be on the server and logged in as admin, kick them from the server, manually write down their Arma GUID, and ban them later.

Now if we have a bunch of VGs on the server we can open it up but for general use I don't think it's a good idea at the moment.

I've been updating my signatures on various forums to pimp our server but they all say you must join TS for the password. What's great is that players are actually doing that to play on our server.. that never usually happens.

Wooz =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Is there any way to increase the time it takes for enemy bodies to disappear? trying to loot enemies for ammo and weapons is near impossible due to them despawning moments after they have been killed.

Will check

Ingo =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

if we open up the server i would like to see a only pilots can fly script getting kinda tired when trying to lead a infantry squad and then someone just flies off

Y U no liek walking to AO only to change marker to blue?

Good idea will check

Yeah the red squares are a bit weird.... they are a leftover of another mission I think and aren't in any way connected to the AI spawning scripts in this mission.. they are just there to show red or blue markers. I think the way the CQB thing works in MSO is a % chance of spawning per building per player...so if it's just a few guys around a small house and shed it probably won't spawn much if anything.

..and yeah there isn't much of an 'end game' with this type of mission. I'm sure that will change in future updates.

Forgot MSO has a MP rights feature where only approved UIDs are allowed to fly. Gonna test this out.

Asked MSO Devs about dead bodies staying longer... can't figure it out myself

"Search for deleteVehicle keyword in the CQB module and you should find it. Technically, you could comment it out as the standard Garbage Collector will remove dead bodies if they have been there for 5 mins and there are no players within 500m of the dead body. "

Updated to v1.4c today

-added mortar pit
-tried the MSO UID thing to limit pilots to certain players but it didn't work (will spend more time on it or look for other solution)
-updated VAS ammobox script
-removed RSLO Loadout manager (VAS has same feature now)

Tweaked the profile settings for Veteran mode - removed group icons, adjusted AI skill and precision, other tweaks

Thanks for the feedback guys and Outlanders for testing

McKillem - are you MadRobert on teamspeak?

If you want to try a harder DAC version there is a mission called Dynamic War Sandbox v14c DAC available on the server for testing.

Basically more patrols covering the island north and centre... beefed up a few key areas. DAC Groups will respawn (how many times? I'll never tell)

Nothing just join and play my friend!!!

If you tried to join yesterday and got kicked that was a problem with the mission but it has been fixed now (no longer requires CBA). If you were playing last week and got horrible lag give it a try again most of the lag problems have been fixed.

Check 2nd post in thread - added optional Client Side addons pack