Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Community Event: Op Sparrowhawk CO60 - DAY 01

whiztler

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pigeon LAN_WROTE ...

Zulu is gmt brah. Not bst. "Lol" The difference between Zulu and cet is 1 hour not two. It's semantics I know but I'd rather not e an hour early/ late.

I know ZULU is GMT - hell, Greenwich is in Britannia... but then I realized that daylight savings time thing is the screwy part here, my bad. And then, I looked up details about Greenwich, which itself isn't even following GMT until October 27th. So delightfully confusing.

Vetala LAN_WROTE ...

So really it would be 1900 as we are on BST? which is GMT +1 for day light savings.

^What he said is correct (and will be for the first 3 events of this 5 part campaign) until part 4 which is after the 27th. The rest of the year, we get to just quote ZULU as it will match time in Britain.

[EDIT: My new favorite app - better for these questions cuz you can move a slider bar in real time and see how the times adjust... Android App called Time Predict https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gideondsouza.timepredict&hl=en - I gotta say, it's got an odd way to add a new time zone to the display, but I've used it for the last few events I've been in and it works great]

Final Ops Briefing & Errata:

1. Mod-line testing
Reshmaan Boot Camp is online @ play.nopryl.no:2302. Password: non4u. You can use the Boot Camp to train your role, test the mods, etc.
Please note that a new mod was added yesterday.

2. Be on time!
Please note there will be NO join in progress (JIP). The server will be locked after the briefing. Check times in the briefing post. Zulu = UTC/GMT.

3. No respawn!
Serious game play only. When you're dead, you're dead. Seagull mode will be enabled for those who have perished.

4. Sparrowhawk day 2,3,4, and 5
Don't forget to sign-up for the remaining 4 days. Visit http://www.nopryl.no/smfprod/index.php?board=99.0 for more information and sign-up.

See you all Tuesday!

OK, so after Whiztlers tireless efforts to fix the elusive bug in the first version, and having to re-write the entire mission. We are now confident that the versions we have currently are playable. As with arma there's always a chance it isn't, but we are a little better planned than last week if something unexpected happens.

Therefore Event is back on for tonight and open to anyone that's still interested, sorry for the late notice we wanted to be as close to certain before we wasted anyone's time again.

Hopefully be seeing some of you tonight!