Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Joint Ops: Operation STOLEN DAEVA: 4th of May

nkenny

Sorry,
exams have pushed my posting of the briefing and exact mod selection to the last possible minute. Herein follows all relevant mission briefing materials, anything beyond listed, and you can pester Jager for more information. Have fun. :)

PS: I'm not Canadian.

Ken

Event Time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Joint+Operation+Arma+04.05.13&iso=20130504T21&p1=2333&ah=4

Server Name:

VETERANS-GAMING | Community Events ACE ACRE
port 2312
join TS3 for password

Required Mods:
@CBA;
@CBA_A2;
@CBA_OA;
@ACE;
@ACEX;
@ACEX_RU
@ACEX_USNavy;
@ACRE;
@jayarma2lib;
@sthud;
@st_interact;
@st_acre_volume;
@RHO_Rangers;
@yup_uh60;
@CLAfghan;
@mb_objects;
@opx_objects;
@razmisc;

Optional mods:
@stmovement
@ACEX_SM
@Blastcore_Visuals
@JSRS_ACE

Six Updater Repo Link
Remember to add any client-side optional mods and make sure your Profile in SU is set to Combined Ops (forced)

sixupdater://debian.veterans-gaming.com/~six/six_repo/joint.yml

OPERATION STOLEN DAEVA
SITUATION
With unexpected fury Ovallestan, located in Clafghan, has exploded into a violent insurgency and guerilla warfare. It started with the downing of a US Army UH-60 Blackhawk transport helicopter, after which down-town Ovallestan turned itself inside out. Since then the guerillas have fortified Ovallestan with a number of DShKM .50 cal positions, and the establishment of four hidden bases of operation. Armed guerilla soldiers supported by light vehicles have since taken to patrolling down-town Ovallestan. The situation is dire.

US Armed forces have been tasked to make a counter-push to retake the region. Their mission is to reclaim any intelligence assets from the crash site, and to identify and destroy each of the guerillas base of operations; look for camo nets, antennas, and other signs of paramilitary activity. Time is of the essence.

Guerilla forces are pouring in from the mountains, if the insurgency goes unchecked, the whole region will be lost. This is as much a battle of hearts and minds as it is of territory. Ovallestan is heavily populated, avoid civilian casualties, or disrespecting their holy mosque. If the citizens loose faith in NATO efforts, they will start supporting the insurgency instead.

MISSION
Secure the UH-60 BlackHawk crash site, hide all dead Americans, locate all pieces of mission relevant intel. Seek out and eliminate the four Guerilla staging areas in Ovellestan; look for signs of guerilla presence, camo netting, radio antennas, military vehicles; destroy any facilities or ammo caches. Avoid all civilian casualties.

1. Secure Blackhawk wreck.
2. Destroy all four guerilla staging areas.
3. Return to Base.

> ENEMY
Clafghan has exploded with sudden activity, the enemy appears to be a coalation consisting of two tribes. The guerillas are part of the Northern tribal zone, and have therefore yet to obtain the loyalty of the citizens of Ovallestan. Intel has as of yet been unable to ascertain the exact number of enemy forces, but estimates a reinforced platoon (45-90) worth of infantry within Ovallestan itself, supported by light armoured vehicles (principally BTR-40s, gunned and not), DhShkM machineguns (.50 caliber, tripod).

A number of impromptu barricades block vehicle access to certain parts of the city, to our knowledge there are no other further fortifications. To the best of our knowledge, guerilla forces have no dedicated AA weapons.

SIGINT (Signals Intelligence) has intercepted guerilla calls for reinforcements. Significant forces appear to be in motion, with more arriving periodically. A local source has confirmed the presence of T34 Tanks, fully functional albeit woefully outdated, large troop concentrations, and a number of BRDM-2 APC (Soviet era light armored recon vehicle). INTEL has suggested destroying the guerilla staging areas will halt the flow of reinforcements.
1. Significant enemy forces will pour in every 20 minutes.
2. Find and eliminate guerilla camps to halt reinforcements.

> TERRAIN AND WEATHER
Its early morning right before dawn. Expect full daylight in 30-45 minutes. Local weather reports caution that the weather will be wet, cold, and with a cloudy overhang. How come we can never go anywhere nice?

> TROOPS AVAILABLE
A full Ranger infantry platoon (42) supported by helicopter and air assets has been activated to conduct the mission. Coalition forces are spread thin in Clafghan itself, no further assets will be available. See attachment for infantry TOE&E, air assets listed below.

3x UH-60L Blackhawk Transport Helicopters
3x MH-6J Littlebird Transport Helicopters (5 seats)
2x AH-6J DAGR Attack Littlebird, DAGR (2 pilot + gunner), GAU-19 (1 pilot/gunner)
2x A-10A Thunderbird, fully EAS (Exchangeable Armament System) capable.

> TIME
The operation must be conducted within a tight schedule, any delays will result in the local population being turned against Coalition Forces interests. Given the constant stream of enemy reinforcements, time is of the essence.

> CIVILIAN CONSIDERATIONS
Ovallestan is the largest city in this part of Clafghan and is therefore heavily populated. Civilian casualties would be catastrophic for our interests in the region, and guerilla reprisals are expected to be immediate. To further complicate the matter a number of no-fly zones have been been vouched for by our diplomats, meaning both the Northern Mosque, and the central graveyard are strictly forbidden.

HQ reminds us that the ROE does not permit us to engage unarmed personnel.

RANGER RIFLE PLATOON
Three Squads, 1st, 2nd, 3rd:
Teamleader, PRC/148
Assistant Teamleader, carries a satchel.
Grenadier
Machinegunner
Anti Tank Trooper, MAAWS
Medic
Radio Operator, PRC/119
Marksman, M14 variant.
Operator, M136

Weapons Squad
Teamleader, PRC/148
Machinegunner
Machinegunner
Radio Operator, PRC/119
Operator, M136

CMD Element
Platoon Commander
Platoon Sergant, 2ic
Chief Air Controller
Master Sniper, M14 variant.

10x Pilot slots
Designated BIRD 1-10
other signs: THUNDER, EASY, DRAGON, TAXI, DRIVER, GOLDEN, BANANA.

WEAPONS
2x Main Crates:
15 Satchel charges
25 M136 Launchers
12 M249 Para
12 M27 Squad Automatic Rifle
7 PRC/119
12 PRC/148
10 Rangerfinders
5 MX2A Thermal Goggles
Misc Small arms + Ammo
*Use Self interact to toggle weapon attachments.

Other Crates:
4 MAAWS launchers
4 M240L Machineguns, tripods.
1 M107 .50cal Anti-Material Rifle
2 M110 7.762 Sniper Rifle
2 Mk12 mod1 5.56 Designated Marksmanrifle

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries on the CBA account. The mission was created with ASR_AI and TWPCAS as well.

I will unfortunately not be able to attend this weekend, but Jager has been given the mission. I would advice that you do perform a test run the day before. 10-20 minutes-- just to see that you run into no snags on your particular server configuration-- and as a brief glimpse into the mission itself.

-k

The time zones are screwing with me hence check the linky, plan is to start at that 2100 and keep going till either mission end or 0100 Norwegian time.
If people pop on before they can run through the basics map which has firing range, contact zone and kill house.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Joint+Operation+Arma+04.05.13&iso=20130504T21&p1=2333&ah=4

I'm up for it. I'll be joining the server at said time. I'm new to all these mods so I think I might need some guidance when ingame. (I got them installed, thanks to Jager)
I would love to apply for an infantry slot. Anything will do but I would like anything besides sniper/marksman. Tell me what slot you need me in.

TS name: NumbDigger

Three Squads, 1st, 2nd, 3rd:
Teamleader, PRC/148: =VG= Calv
Assistant Teamleader, carries a satchel: =VG= SemlerPDX
Grenadier: =VG= Ingo
Machinegunner: =VG= Castor
Anti Tank Trooper, MAAWS: =VG= Murderface
Medic: Ciro
Radio Operator, PRC/119: =VG=SavageCDN
Marksman, M14 variant: AntonH
Operator, M136: Rolf

Weapons Squad
Teamleader, PRC/148: =VG= Gaz
Machinegunner: Audacity
Machinegunner: Bananenspin
Radio Operator, PRC/119: "Being Decided"
Operator, M136: =VG= Eclipse

Pilot: =VG= Poffadder
Door Gunner: =VG= Wooz
Door Gunner2: =VG= Tortia

Pilot2:

2nd draft

Maybe?s:
Bludd
Terremer

Time for an after-action report of sorts

Firstly I must commend VG, and in particular the efforts of Jager, for a very impressive attendance, and a very accessible and professional presentation of the gaming night.

It was in many ways a tough mission to create. 40+ players, significantly larger than my usual fare, and many unknown factors-- my take on this was to build in significant dynamic elements, as such the random nature of the mission made it difficult to judge the challenge level. I fear it veered slightly towards the easy end of the scale, albeit this may have been synergistic result of high player skill, and a excellent planning. A different problem overshadowed the mission mechanics however.

Together with Jager, I have tried to piece together the events of the evening. It appears that even though the server, and most clients, ran at very high FPS, there were significant dsync which must unfortunately be attributed to the mission itself.

While our pre-play mission test group did experience some dsync, its rapid dissolution caused me to underestimate, severely misjudge, its severity on a a server with 30+ players. It would appear that staggered connections mitigated its effect somewhat, but this brought unnecessary complication to an otherwise smoothly flowing event.

The timing of the event itself was in some ways unfortunate, had I been present on the gaming night, I feel quite certain that I would have been able to jury-rig a more stable version. Indeed, an updated version which seeks to rectify the dsync error has already been put together.

Be that as it may, I hope that last Saturday has not put a dampener on the interest in future combined operations. :)

Ken

Many apologies for not making it to this previous event, life reared it's ugly head and i ended up working on my day off - spewin. it would be great to organise another one of these, i am still yet to play with the Lambs and Banter fellows!

thanks for catering to our mission needs Ken, i look forward to playing the next edition ;) hehe

Murderface =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Many apologies for not making it to this previous event, life reared it's ugly head and i ended up working on my day off - spewin. it would be great to organise another one of these, i am still yet to play with the Lambs and Banter fellows!

thanks for catering to our mission needs Ken, i look forward to playing the next edition ;) hehe

It's ok, rolf took your slot and took over savage and semler with AT back blast :D