Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 2 ACE Multi-Session Operations thread

=VG= SemlerPDX

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faysh is awesome.. don't see why we can't

I think we should first work out any bugs with the quom/aliabad version before porting to new maps so we don't double or triple the workload when we need to update something

Here's a list of the maps which already have MSO versions:

Lingor/Dingor
Tora Bora

Hazarkot
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15840

Esbekistan
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17573

Taviana
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15085

Everon
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1360

Celle
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16585

Podagorsk
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8791

Thanks NV I'll have to check and see if the repair truck is the ACE one. Also I'll probably disable weather altogether as it causes lag on some computers

For my own later reference:
http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/16nl5x/a_quick_n_dirty_guide_to_headless_clients_for/

I looked at that one before the RG-31s but they were 'less' ACE-compatible than the ones we are using now, and there was another problem with them but I can't remember now what it was !senile

So it crashed this morning - this is the 2nd time I've seen this kind of error (you have to login to RDP to see the on-screen error)

Warning: preNLOD format in object ca\misc\kontejner.p3d

Basically it's a CTD and you have to hit OK in the little error box in order for the server to reset (or just stop/start with TCAdmin)

Any ideas what this could be? Fucked up map object? The other error was similar except it was some other .p3d file and it was on either Aliabad or Quom.

Updated version (the one we played on Sat)

- removed rain and fog (very low fog only)
- repair truck works fine with Bradley - it's the vehicle service point that won't repair (but will rearm and refuel)

I'd love to remove the BAF and Russian crates, as well as thoughts about removing magic box and other 'OP' weapons?

There is a bug with the loadout containers for the aircrafts which allows you to double up on ammo, bug is reproduced by parking and picking a loadout then doing a action menu rearm at the same station.
Noticed while me and Eclipse was trying to rearm the Apache, also it does not seem like the little bird cas birdy rearms the dagr missiles.

Crazy idea incoming.
For a long duration MSO session where db is active and the server not crashing we might run out of gear, awesome script people could make a menu where you could order gear.
Then the pilots have to fly off the map 10-15 km into a hostile air zone where cas pilots have to clear a path before air vehicle gets loaded with the gear requested, return to base and unload gear and the base has resupplied.

Crazy idea and very very very optional.

Jager LAN_WROTE ...

Crazy idea incoming.
For a long duration MSO session where db is active and the server not crashing we might run out of gear, awesome script people could make a menu where you could order gear.
Then the pilots have to fly off the map 10-15 km into a hostile air zone where cas pilots have to clear a path before air vehicle gets loaded with the gear requested, return to base and unload gear and the base has resupplied.

Crazy idea and very very very optional.

If we were gonna do regular organised MSO sessions I'd probably suggest scaling down the amount of equipment available. Having tons of weapons/vehicles is fine for general public use but for more organised play I think it would be more fun to be operating with a more realistic amount of assets.

A possible interesting option would be one of the maps with water and having the aircraft carrier setup as the starting area. The size would limit the max number of vehicles available, and would require us to actually secure and create our own FOB.

Or starting out in a C130 and dropping in, then having to get equipment to setup the FOB dropped in. Would likely require some scripting so a bit more complicated to do.

This idea is aimed at the public version of MSO, I would like to have something similar for the event MSO but there needs to be a certain balance so I need to think on it.

Gear will be addressed in a event MSO version.

Think Gnat made water mission with some big desert island and totally bare otherwise, dunno how much it would strain the mission size and server fps to populate the islands with buildings through the editor.
But you were probably thinking about any map with access to water right?

Your last idea might be something to consider for an event when we feel the need to change the map from Reshmaan Provience to something else.

Calv LAN_WROTE ...

A possible interesting option would be one of the maps with water and having the aircraft carrier setup as the starting area. The size would limit the max number of vehicles available, and would require us to actually secure and create our own FOB.

Or starting out in a C130 and dropping in, then having to get equipment to setup the FOB dropped in. Would likely require some scripting so a bit more complicated to do.

^ poff was mentioning this yesterday as well (carrier start point for MSO) and if we can do it I love the idea.

Another error from yesterday:

Warning: preNLOD format in object x\acex\addons\m_wep_pistol\rh_uspsd.p3d

From today:

Warning: preNLOD format in object x\acex\addons\sys_arty_ammunition\105mm\ace_arty_m1_shell.p3d

Yeah both are good maps... the water aspect of Lingor is interesting as well as fighting non-standard units (Druglords...lol)

I'm not sold on the RH packs to be honest.. sure they are cool but there are some issues with ACE and certain weapons... besides the fact I think we are trying to lower the amount of available weapons in the base.

Maybe we could start with one like M4 pack? Anyone else have an opinion on this?

The Dingor version was made for testing some new modules and mods. It was also made to develop a base mission that is easily portable to other islands and incorporates the changes that were suggested for the MSO events.

I think Reshmaan should be the island that we use for the pub server as it seems to offer good stability and runs well on most peoples PCs. It's also a well designed map with lots of space and is fully compatible with MSO.

And Ingo, I'm still not sure about the RH packs. I think it might result in too many mods on the server. Forcing new players to download so many mods can be frustrating for all parties. So for now I think the RH packs shouldn't be included.