Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 2 ACE Multi-Session Operations thread

=VG= SemlerPDX

We are testing MSO functions (Multi-Session Operations) today, and for the next several days, using ACE and ACRE on the custom map Reshmaan. This MSO features RPG elements that will remember player state (including gear loadout, etc.) and a very dynamic environment filled with enhanced AI enemies and civilians. Eventually, we will host a private database to store game information, similar to DayZ, where regardless of server restart, data is not lost.

Log in, grab some medical supplies, your favorite weapons, and make a presence in the towns. Simply being in a town or hamlet will change the influence of that area from White to Green, then to Blue, with Red indicating enemy influence.

Yes, this game mode is so in-depth that we are putting this link in all events or posts - do it:

If you are new to MSO please RTFM:
https://dev-heaven.net/documents/56

The mission can us an in-game squad creating/joining function, but choosing your role or squad prior to loading into the mission is important - please ask members in game if you are unsure. You will be able to heal yourself fully should you get hurt, and friendly civilians may help you as well so mind your ROE's. Only kill armed persons, but know that suicide bombers are a threat, however infrequent.

IED's are a major threat, travel slowly on roads and watch for rusty vehicles or mounds of garbage, etc.
Some vehicles do not "respawn" for over 12 hours!
Go slow, savor the moments, watch your six and group up whenever possible. Create your own "objectives", or squad up and have a team leader Request a Patrol Op. You can even call in a CASEVAC for yourself or other WIA, or call in CAS of an A-10, Apache, or Littlebird to protect you. Time on Station is limited, so use these features wisely, or you'll find yourself waiting for them to become available again at a crucial moment.

This is supposed to be a very "real" seeming world. Civilians will behave properly when you point that M2 at their car! Full base building functions allow you to store, load, transport, and set up many types of key defensive structures like Hesco Barriers, Sandbag Walls and Bunkers, Razor Wire, Tank Traps, and more.

We will have more training and notes to describe this game mode as we continue working with it.
You can even go to the FOB and "Sign in to FOB" to save respawn location to the FOB.

Poffadder, Savage and Whiztler are leading the way - if you have any issues or concerns, please do not tell them in teamspeak - make a post here and add your thoughts. We will have a few restarts and "resets" before we get a fully working database that remembers your gear and state after restart - for now, it only works if we do not restart the mission. This will hopefully change sometime real soon.

See you in Reshmaan!

Server Name:
VETERANS-GAMING COOP | ACE MSO Server with HC | TS3.VETERANS-GAMING.COM

TeamSpeak3 Channel:
MSO Project *(see channel description for further information)

*mod list subject to change

expansion/beta
@CBA_CO;
@ACE;
@ACEX;
@ACEX_USNavy;
@ACEX_RU;
@ACRE;
@JayArma2Lib;
@exa_rg31;
@kyo_MH47E;
@mad_resh;
@mad_build;
@sthud;
@st_interact;
@yup_uh60;

Allowed (and recommended) Mods:

STMovement
JSRS (sound mod)
JSRS_ACE
BlastCore Visuals

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For players wanting to join - recommend reading the MSO manual to start

msoplayersguide.rar

Some key points:

-HQ and Medical Aid Post are initially located at the FOB, although they can be moved either by truck or packed into a suitable container and lifted by Support Helicopter.

-Note that you can only respawn a limited number of times in each 24 hour period, after which you will no longer be able to join the mission (1 ? 999 depending on mission parameters).

-The Team Status dialog allows you to create, join and leave groups. This action is typically available from an HQ or Barracks (set by the mission editor).

-Using the AI recruitment dialog, AI can be recruited to man static defences or created into a new group to make them autonomous. Team Leaders can recruit up to 6 AI units to join their group. This is handy when defending bases while players are disconnected. This action is typically available from an HQ or Barracks.

-The View Distance and Terrain Detail dialogue can be accessed via the Interaction Menu (Default: Right Windows Key)

-Vehicles: be sure to bring them back in one piece as resupply of lost vehicles can take up to 12 hours.

-CSups such as back packs, ammo, weapons crates and defence stored will be resupplied by command HQ at periodic intervals. ACRE and EOD devices will be automatically added to ammo crates if those add-ons are being used. EOD THOR III devices are limited to a total of 3 per player, so use wisely. The default resupply windows are:

? Back packs ? 60 secs
? Ammo & Weapons ? 4 hrs
? Defence Stores ? 8 hrs
? Logistics Vehicles ? 12 hrs
? Combat Vehicles ? 24 hrs

Logistics

The logistics system enables you to carry, tow, air lift, store and view contents of vehicles and aircraft. You can transport and position building materials to build Forward Operating Bases (FOBs) and transport damaged vehicles back to base. Approach any suitable vehicle, ammo crate or defence store and appropriate actions will show on the action menu. You can lift, carry, tow, store and view contents of vehicles and containers. For example, fill a large ISO container with all the equipment and static weapons needed for a road block, then lift it by helicopter to the desired location.

After Action Reports
JIP markers and tasks
Logbook

BurnitDown LAN_WROTE ...

Im unable to find the server in Six updater. Sounds like fun, but need to figure out how to find it first =)

What's happening is Gamespy has decided to limit server queries to 500 servers max so when you refresh your SU list of servers it only shows 500 of them (there are over 2000 active Arma servers now due to DayZ). You can keep refreshing and hope you get lucky (1 in 4 odds or so) or what Outlanders said.. make a preset in SU with the required mods (list also available in TS3 channel), start the game with SU, then using the in-game MP browser you should be able to see all three VG servers... you might have to refresh once or twice.

quick request! could you guys add the AK-74m with GPO-30 and ironsights to the game? I keep dying without it (lol dunno why) and it has a different sound compared to the regular AK-74, if not possible any 5.45 mm Caliber Kalashnikov will do.

EDIT: If not could we Please even enable LEA on our server?

Castor =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

quick request! could you guys add the AK-74m with GPO-30 and ironsights to the game? I keep dying without it (lol dunno why) and it has a different sound compared to the regular AK-74, if not possible any 5.45 mm Caliber Kalashnikov will do.

EDIT: If not could we Please even enable LEA on our server?

We will not be using LEA on the MSO Beta Testing Server for good reason - I know the bigger picture is hard to see at this stage of testing, but this particular server is to be the far end of the spectrum from "Vanilla COOP" through to "RPG Realism COOP". The ACE/ACRE Fallujah Insurgency being the middle ground.

If that AKM you described is a standard or ACE weapon, we can totally add it to the crate. But if it's part of an RH mod, know that we most likely will not be running a ton of weapons mods (like RH) on the MSO server.

The concept here is to create an Arma mission powered by an SQL Database, similar to DayZ, where progress and many player variables are saved constantly.

A day in the life of a Patrol Ops Soldier, if you will:

Yesterday, I spent my time patrolling towns around the US Main Base. I found a suicide bomber, killed him, swept and cleared the town, finding 3 other IED's. After safe detonation, the town influence changed. I returned to base, and filed an AAR.

I then went to the Base Logbook, entered my status, current radios and channels, and that I was going back out on local Patrol Ops on an ATV.

On that patrol, I found a group of Takistan Army in Anar. I called in CAS Apache, 6+ confirmed hostiles eliminated, but I was KIA. On return to base, I noted this in my AAR, and then added entry to Logbook that I was returning to the area to recover my ATV and ensure the area was clear.

Like Poffadder said, a rules set and better description will show new players the bigger picture of this RPG Multi-Session Operations "realism game mode". More to come...

Got a lot done today! Persistent database is working and we fixed a lot of bugs, lag problems and difficulty issues. Thanks to every one who came on to help test and have fun.. Next step is to reconfigure the factions and bases (getting rid of the brits and introducing the Rangers) and to start working with different islands:

Chernarus
Qom Province
Aliabad