Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Operation Lightstep Day 2 AAR

=VG= Calv

So write up your reports, what you did, what you saw, what went well, what didn't and so on.
Will put some stuff of mine in tomorrow, need sleep now.

Debrief:
Good night's work teams. We've struck a serious blow to the militia by destroying many of their weapons caches, vehicles and communication equipment. Not to mention ceasing their large scale IED production. Our intel teams are still going through the information recovered but they believe it may give us a lead on who is organizing this militia so we can cut the head off this thing.

Things to improve:
* Start time - enough said really

* Team work - I'm happy to go through the basic training stuff with people if asked, I can join the server earlier if given notice. However, I've gone through this stuff with the FTLs so they really should be training their teams, new people, and even doing the exercises with other teams during the time before the mission starts.

* Squad Leading: I'm well aware I'm not a very good squad leader due to my inability to hang back and not engage, but until someone steps up to take the role ya likely stuck with me.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great mission overall, no casualties, not that many wounded.
i was an MG with FT2, i found it problematic that we had one guy in our squad that i think was new to ACE, he was running all over the place and when we needed him to take care of an injured, he didn?t know how to use the ACE medical system.
i guess thats why we always start of on the training mission, but due to people having to go and him being a last minute join, didn?t have time to train him in the basics.(tired as hell, will correct any errors tomorrow)

Calv almost died when we hit the first camp. I though he was already dead, so i just kept covering left side of the hill. I healed him at the last second, used like 4 bandages.
I think next time we all should get in at around 1800 hours, check mods, check mission, and then train with squad leaders, cause now it's just random shooting.

Outlanders =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Calv almost died when we hit the first camp. I though he was already dead, so i just kept covering left side of the hill. I healed him at the last second, used like 4 bandages.
I think next time we all should get in at around 1800 hours, check mods, check mission, and then train with squad leaders, cause now it's just random shooting.

Aye, I added the timer to give people a bit of a second chance as being one hit killed without any chance to survive during missions with no respawn is always a pain. Currently have the timer set to 200s but can adjust that if people think it should be lower.
Everyone starts with one compress (large bandage), but I'd generally suggest picking up one or two more from the field hospitals as they can often save lives and stops ya from using up all your bandages on one person.

Debrief added to first post.

Recon team Delta 2 AAR

Whole mission went smoothly, we are still missing a lot of Pre-mission planning and a lot of the guys dont seem ready for that kind of ops, people kept shouting in debriefing stuff like ''lets go already! I want some action! Cmon!'' so we need to work on patience.

Still the mission went extremely well even tho Delta had it's first recon mission, we worked as a team and that was enough.
But next time I'd wish for less unneeded chat in the backround while debriefing, and especially more planning,
you cant send your soldiers to the unknown all the time, it WILL bite you back.
Always have a plan ready for different scenarions but keep the plans kind of ''open'' (as we did) so the teams have room to maneuver.

I know you're going to criticise my comments by saying that Recon removed all the unknowns, but there was situations where things would have easily gone south without delta 1.
Mostly we had no idea where charlie or delta 1 went (for I was denied to communicate with delta 1, by ordering the use of 343 radio between us, unfortunately range in it was too short and coms were cut for long time periods), so if the situation would have arised we would have been unable to cover them.

Notify that I am NOT saying that someone specifically did wrong, it was just an overall thing.

Delta 2 flew to the AO with Delta 1.
LZ was located about 2klicks south of our OverWatch position, route to there was long and hard but we made it without a scratch.
At OW we held and Recon'd the area finding multiple hostile foot patrols, enemy camp and a KORD-machinegun until we were needed, took a couple of shots to the camp and took down the KORD.
Next we moved 50m north so see the northern camp finding another camp, garrison, 2 KORDs, and a foot patrol.
engagement was succesful, no casualties.
After that we move NE towards possible satellite phone call location, unfortunately an unstable cliff gave in under my spotter and he dislocated his knee, we took of with a MEDEVAC while Delta 1 and Charlie finished the mission.

Castor =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Recon team Delta 2 AAR

Whole mission went smoothly, we are still missing a lot of Pre-mission planning and a lot of the guys dont seem ready for that kind of ops, people kept shouting in debriefing stuff like ''lets go already! I want some action! Cmon!'' so we need to work on patience.

Still the mission went extremely well even tho Delta had it's first recon mission, we worked as a team and that was enough.
But next time I'd wish for less unneeded chat in the backround while debriefing, and especially more planning,
you cant send your soldiers to the unknown all the time, it WILL bite you back.
Always have a plan ready for different scenarions but keep the plans kind of ''open'' (as we did) so the teams have room to maneuver.

The main issue with this was the long delay in getting started, so people were getting a bit impatient which was understandable.

As for the planning it was really down to the units in charge to sort out, there is always time during the warmup and at the start of the mission for this to be done. All the information is available days in advance of the mission, so you can even start a thread on the forum and discuss a general plan there.

The reason we had the recon teams was because we knew we were going into the unknown, we had target areas but no idea what was there, hence the recon teams going in first.

The only "plan" that was needed before we started was: Charlie's insertion and direction of movement and Delta's insertion and direction of movement, both of which I believe Poffadder was aware of. We didn't have enough intel of the area to make a more detailed plan.
We don't plan for different scenarios because it just complicates matters, you react and adapt to the situation as it happens instead of planning for every eventuality.

LAN_WROTE ...
I know you're going to criticise my comments by saying that Recon removed all the unknowns, but there was situations where things would have easily gone south without delta 1.
Mostly we had no idea where charlie or delta 1 went (for I was denied to communicate with delta 1, by ordering the use of 343 radio between us, unfortunately range in it was too short and coms were cut for long time periods), so if the situation would have arised we would have been unable to cover them.

No idea why there was a comms issue, both Delta teams had access to a 117f and a 148, so there should have been no reason for you guys to not be able to communicate with each other either on the 117 channel that was shared with the Platoon leader or on a seperate channel on the 148. If you wanted to know where the other recon team or charlie squad was then all you needed to do was ask the Platoon Leader, he knew where we all were at all times.

LAN_WROTE ...

Notify that I am NOT saying that someone specifically did wrong, it was just an overall thing.

Delta 2 flew to the AO with Delta 1.
LZ was located about 2klicks south of our OverWatch position, route to there was long and hard but we made it without a scratch.
At OW we held and Recon'd the area finding multiple hostile foot patrols, enemy camp and a KORD-machinegun until we were needed, took a couple of shots to the camp and took down the KORD.
Next we moved 50m north so see the northern camp finding another camp, garrison, 2 KORDs, and a foot patrol.
engagement was succesful, no casualties.
After that we move NE towards possible satellite phone call location, unfortunately an unstable cliff gave in under my spotter and he dislocated his knee, we took of with a MEDEVAC while Delta 1 and Charlie finished the mission.

Well delta one Ingo and myself landed in an LZ that was not too our liking but we moved on, We moved north west to a hilltop with eyes on the second camp and Visuals on patrols from the first camp. There was no organisation at this point so castor and his team moved off north away from any contact and poff then asked us too move south to provide cover for charlie team moving in on the camp. We relocated with in about 30 seconds too a new better position to cover the camp saw 1 kord and waited untill it engaged too take it out. Ingo then spotted a second kord that we quickly dispatched and took out a resonable amount of foot mobiles around the place.

We moved north west again to get eyes on the second camp from the west where we saw 1 kord but knew of another one because of Castors team.We noted the 2 enemy vehicles we saw and gave poff the details. We waited untill it engaged and took out the kord and then we opend up on some more extra infantry. We then moved north up towards the other side of the hill castor was on where we engaged 2 more men running from the battle, and then another 2 more men moving in to engage the mobile squad.

We had too move around the hill too get a better visual on camp 3 and ended up 30-50 m away from it and took out a kord and aprox 6 guys. The camp was taken quick and smother than any others with no casualties.

We then moved to a location we expected too find the enemy IED factory and were correct. We let poff know of the 2 kords, two 4 man patrol's and enemys in buildings. We engaged the kords i took the furthest and ingo took the closest one with his scar. we then engaged about 5 Soldiers running towars outlanders team. We then extracted with a perfect ending.

One problem with the waiting time.

And another with the LZ but we made do.

Over all good mission bit silly that a few guys didnt turn up.

Enjoyed a lot.

as I said, I was denied its use in most cases. no problems with the equipment.

also If you notice that the conversation/decision making isnt going anywhere hurry up on other things.
I was asking if we could do 2 LZs separate for Delta 1 and 2. and also the ETA for charlie SQ arrival after our touchdown,
but I wasn't given the time for it, also i didnt want to confuse the situation anymore in the chopper so I stayed silent.

SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Gaz LAN_WROTE ...

...bit silly that a few guys didnt turn up.

Speaking for myself, I had to see a guy about a thing. Domestic operations take priority, I'm afraid. I'll be at the next one.
!cmdo

Yeah I was just trying to state We did feel the loss of players in a way Not so much that they SHOULD BE HERE BECAUSE HTEY SIGNED UP kinda thing