Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

This Saturday

Guest airbornealways

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest airbornealways
Things where a bit slow to getting going.

Being that I have never really been on this map and actively engage the AO's it was pretty good give the few people we had. I think the biggest roles that was missing was:

1) Attack aircraft (we had one, but being they weren't on TS it made it difficult to use them)
2) Could have used transport choppers that stay on ready stand-by.
3) Sniper/spotter

So with the addition on those 4 to 5 supporting roles being filled, a 5 man team would have done outstanding.

I would like to thank Semler for showing up to help provide leadership.

Guest airbornealways
Murderface LAN_WROTE ...

i thought it was happening Sunday? we never had any clear date lol.

Is was Saturday evening here so I think that makes it Sunday morning for you. Being an International community, think we should look at giving the GMT time of the event as well. This way, those 18 hours ahead of you have a better idea on the time.

I was playing under the name Adam during this event, sorry for the confusion. Bad news for the FRAPS videos that i took. They were all full screen, making the files too large to create a video I can put on youtube. I also cant figure out how to make it record TS audio alongside game audio, because TS audio is diverted to a USB headphone, so no one can really tell whats happening anyways. Maybe next time though. Either way, I had fun and we should definitely do it again.

BurnitDown LAN_WROTE ...

I was playing under the name Adam during this event, sorry for the confusion. Bad news for the FRAPS videos that i took. They were all full screen, making the files too large to create a video I can put on youtube. I also cant figure out how to make it record TS audio alongside game audio, because TS audio is diverted to a USB headphone, so no one can really tell whats happening anyways. Maybe next time though. Either way, I had fun and we should definitely do it again.

Don't you have game audio playing through the same headphone?

I'd be happy to help you get your FRAPS set up proper, I had the same issues when I first started using it for recording. You'll wanna check the Record External Input and also check Only capture while pushing: (your PTT button, whatever it is).

As far as the size goes, you don't post raw FRAPS - they are always massive in size. It needs to be rendered into an mp4 video. I use Sony Vegas, some use other programs. Either way, you slide your vids into that program, do what you want to them, then render into a video that isn't more than 1GB.

Calv - No, I have game audio coming through speakers, but divert TS3 comm through a USB single headphone with mic attached.

Semler- That would be appreciated. I did have record external input enabled, but didnt set it to capture only when PTT was pressed. upon review of the videos, I can hear a little bit of conversation in the back ground, but it's indistinguishable and I'm almost positive that it's only picking up my transmission. Ive looked at a few forums, and it seems like it might not be possible to pick up others' transmissions if they come through a separate audio device than what is selected. Also, if i set for it to only record when PTT is pressed, then it wont ever record anyone else will it (Unless i press PTT and hold it during others' transmissions all the time, which would be pretty rude haha)?

Ill have to try that program out. I downloaded the windows 7 version of movie maker yesterday, and played with it a little bit, but its going to take some practice and getting used to before i start popping videos out. Does Sony Vegas allow editing before the creation of the file, and is it free? Also, if it does allow editing, then would you recommend its editing platform over windows movie maker?

Vegas allows everything. It's a full video studio software, and it's about $100, perhaps it costs less via digital download. It can render video in over 10 formats, and can render a sound file into an MP3. Very useful, haven't found a thing that cannot be done (titleing, effects, cut/stretch/shrink, creating sub-tracks, multiple layers, snipping, live recording, mixing, etc.)

And as far as the FRAPS goes, I think you're misunderstanding the Record External Input part - that means "capture the sounds coming through your microphone", not record sound or TS3...

Think of it like this - FRAPS is gonna record video and audio put out by your computer. This means all audio transmissions from TS3 and the audio from your game - indistinguishable from each other.
If you allow it to know your PTT button, it will record you as well, choose either your TS3 PTT or your in game VOIP button, one or the other. I use my TS3 PTT button. Because it is overbearing of other sounds, if it is recording your mic the ENTIRE time, coughs and all, it may drown out other sounds - that's why we use that setting.

Cool, I'll have to check into it, thanks!

Ok, thanks for clearing that up, because I wasn't sure after reading a bunch of forums that implicated it worked the other way. I turned the sound up as high as it would go on my speakers and listened to the files again (I dunno why the files are so damn quiet). I can hear myself and myself alone. For some reason it's skipping right over other's transmission, or they might just be too quiet to hear. They were perfectly loud enough in game though, so not sure what the deal is. I'll ensure FRAPS is up to date, and if that doesnt fix it, then I'll try a re-install i guess.

I just though of something. Could I need to se it to multichannel rather than stereo, because it thinks the sound diverted to the headphone is another speaker (I know its not exactly multi-channel, but i could see this being one of those stupid things that coders do sometimes)?