Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Flying with joystick

NTF_Medic

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used both for these games since Battlefield 1942 through Project Reality, and now Arma 2. The thing about the conversion from games past using a flight stick to using one in Arma 2 is like night and day.

I found it most difficult to learn how to fly large helicopters with the stick. Mostly because I came from a past of using games like BF2 and PR with high in-game flight stick sensitivity. My advice is to get what you can afford. The X52 series won't wear out on you as it doesn't use a potentiometer, hence the price - plus it's ready for a flight sim with all it's buttons.

I use the Saitek Cyborg X and it has a number of buttons, all of which I use. It's around $40 depending on your area.

Mainly, the thing to remember is - if you first fly a MH-J6 or AH-J6, then move up as you learn, HUEY, Blackhawk, and then eventually, Chinook, you will be able to fly them with a fun and immersive feel that doesn't make you any less capable of a pilot than a WSAD and Mouse controls setup.