Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 2 CLAfghan: What must I do in order to play this game?

=VG= SemlerPDX

Well, for starters, you will need the game Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, and the Arma 2 1.60 patch. If you have any specific errors when trying to join our server, please post up in the troubleshooting section of this forum.

Next, you need the AddOn Map called CLAfghan. You have two options, and I recommend the first:

Get and install the small program, Armarize. Like SixUpdater, it is a modification installation program that will make exploring the world of Arma addons and custom content a breeze! You can so simply choose the "addon" map called CLAfghan from a list, click a button, and zoom through the installation process!

SavageCDN's Awesome Armarize Instructions: http://www.veterans-gaming.com/vg-plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?20926.0

If you prefer to not use Armarize, you can just as simply download, then copy and paste the Map addon folder into your Arma program folder.

You can download CLAfghan here: http://www.veterans-gaming.com/download.php?view.149

It is a large map, and a large file. Installation is not difficult, but will depend on the type of Arma you own. If you own the Steam Version of the game, you will put the downloaded map in a different folder path than the DVD-ROM "Box" Version of the game.

davestrike's Super Simple Steam Instructions: http://www.veterans-gaming.com/vg-plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?20859

And about DVD-ROM Box Version of the game, you simply place the folder @CLAfghan (which contains the folder "addons") into the main Programs Folder of your Bohemia Interactive Game. Follow all the tips in the Steam Instructions for making a StartUp Icon to launch Arma with the addon map CLAfghan enabled.

Have Fun and Enjoy the Mission!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?117090-Clafghan-Map-20x20-Beta-Release

It can be hard to do the simplest things on a smartphone.

So far you can play this map and missions 0.942 on the serverCLIENT SIDE without any big issues. I am noticing some framerate drop but that may not be related to the update so I am still testing.

I'll do a server side test soon if Sem has the new file uploaded already.

Here's the changes with v1.1.. looks like ALICE module works now (civs) and the mapgrids are fixed (arty will be accurate now!!!)

Clafghan Beta Version 1.1

Just a minor update before our Alpha release:

FIXED

- Grid system

REMOVED

- Medical tent at Camp Branca, so mission makers can setup their own

ADDED

- Airport taxiways by Bushlurker
- SILVIE & ALICE (expansion)
- OA Mountain Horizon & Overcast
- Scene Intro by Tupolov

To install you just need to download the updated clafghan.pbo and replace.. other .pbo files were not changed

Okay, it looks like opx buildings are needed as BLuDKLoT was getting kicked when trying to join after installing the map via our download link. I would really appreciate the help if one of you could package up the updated CLAfghan Map and replace the one in our download section. Also, if you could make a download entry for the mp and opx buildings that are referred to in the original map description. I'm very busy with these final to-do's with the next Mission version - could use the assistance here. Thx!

My line works, lets get the downloads that support this stuff:
 -mod=@CBA;@mb_objects;@opx_objects;@CLAfghan

UPDATE! Use six-updater and download @Clafghan. It will give you a warning so right click on d/l and select CONVERT this mod. It will break up the mod into the three seperate mod folders.

You need all 11 pbo files. Six updater keeps the opx and mb stuff seperate.

clafghan
column_vertical_pond
mb_bushes_lite
mb_clutter_lite
mb_rocks
mb_trees_lite
opxbuildings
opxmisc
opxplants
opxroads
razmisc

This is the original thread. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?117090-Clafghan-Map-20x20-Beta-Release

SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

I would really appreciate the help if one of you could package up the updated CLAfghan Map and replace the one in our download section.

I'd love to but every time I try and upload a file to VG > 100MB my browser times out and the upload fails. It's probably my shitty ISP throttling my connection... do we have FTP access to our website?

Edit: Oops sorry forgot we hate them !yes

SavageCDN =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

I would really appreciate the help if one of you could package up the updated CLAfghan Map and replace the one in our download section.

I'd love to but every time I try and upload a file over about 100MB my browser times out and the upload fails. It's probably my shitty ISP throttling my connection... do we have FTP access to our website?

Here's the full update Clafghan from Armaholic with required files (547MB):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15580

Here is the updated clafghan.pbo file ONLY (download this one if you know what you are doing - 135MB):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16209

Savage call me on the Blud Phone (use the cometchat bar or xfire and call me) and I will set you up. And don't link to Armaholic we host our own files and have it uploaded on our site. Armaholic admin abuses their powers and I've been personally harassed by their main admin, so we're going to make our own path and not partner with them at all, in any way! At least until their main admin is FIRED for abuse! I even filed a complaint with the site owner to warn him about this guy, only to have "this guy" reply to me saying he intercepted my message, it will never receive it's recipient and because I sent such a letter, he (that guy) removed every post I ever made on that site to punish me for reporting him to the owner of Armaholic for being abusive and over controlling.

Since then I don't spend 1 second on that fucking site.

Thank you.

Semler and Pitn,

So now we need the following mods for clafgan?

@CBA
@Clafghan
@LEA
@BV
@JSRS1.4
@mb_objects
@opx_objects
@okt_noBlur (optional)

My command line with the updated JSRS 1.4:

-skipIntro -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@Clafghan;@LEA;@BV;@mb_objects;@opx_objects;@JSRS1.4;@okt_noBlur

Yes a new JSRS was released, so far it has worked well with clafgan.

Renainn aka davestrike

OK uploading the v1.1 of Clafghan with all required map files now.. should be done about 2 hours. v1 is still available for download as well. File is called @Clafghan_v1_1.7z.

***Note that the server is still running v1 of Clafghan so until that is updated do not use this new version***

sgt-barclay LAN_WROTE ...

hey mate as u know ive been playing ma for a while i pop on the day and some reason i cant seem get into the aircraft or vehicals

Sounds like a pebkac to me, and I think Savage may agree. Only pilots can fly, only crewmen can operate heavy vehicles. Use your mouse scroll menu to select the action when near a vehicle. If it kicks you out, you cannot operate that vehicle in your current role. You must requisition vehicle from the round area surrounded by sandbags, again, using your mouse scroll menu. Load vehicle camo netting into it at the large crate. This is also required for the tanks engines to upgrade, unless you enjoy driving uphill at 9kp/h.

@Savage, I will take care of the rest today. Thank you so much, Savage!! The server will have to go down for a time, but if it truly is a matter of just adding a pbo or two to the current @CLAfghan folder on the server, it will be a quick process.

Yes for the updated map the only change is to the clafghan.pbo file itself. Armaholic has a link to just that file (135MB instead of 550MB for the whole thing). Perhaps I should upload that one as well so that people that know what they are doing can download it and replace the original?

Ok Clafghan v1.1 map has been uploaded here it should show up in the Downloads section shortly (@Clafghan_v1_1.7z). This is the full version of the update which includes all necessary files for the map (note that the mission also requires CBA mod).

(You can also download just the updated clafghan.pbo file from Armaholics if you know what you are doing.)

THE SERVER IS STILL RUNNING V1.0 OF THE MAP SO DO NOT INSTALL THIS UNTIL SEMLER SAYS IT IS OK!!!

@Sem
U/l the new pbo to the clafghan11 folder. Copy the other 10 files from the orig to the new folder. rename both folders so the new version reflects correct file name. Should only take 5 min of downtime.

@Savage
Sigs would be diff but the only sigs are from SixUpdater. So atm it is not an issue. If you are having trouble connecting then verify your 1.60 patch. Verify that you have all 11 files related to the clafghan mod. I have them llisted on the TS clafghan channel. Remember Six Updater seperates the files into 3 diff mod folders.