Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 2 Insurgency Server dead?

Syntax

Hey guys, this is my first post.
It's about the Arma 2 Inurgency Server, it looks like nobody cares for this server, cause like a week there was no restart; it's always the same, no mhq and some destroyed vehicles.(for about months i wanted to play again on VG Server; i've found now the VG Site and was even suprised there is a Ranking for this :).)
So i wanted to ask if somone can enable the voting for admin.
I spend realy long time on this server and i'm kinda sad that noone cares for this server;
Hope someone reads this.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been focusing on clafghan.

I am not sure how much longer we will support Insurgency as I don't care for 1.50 that much and I need to do a massive edit. If I do the edit it will be primarily for the addon map Clafghan and not Takistan or Zargabad.

With PR 0.15 beta being released this month then that is an option as well.

@sgt-barclay, make sure CLAfghan is not loading when you try - Insurgency will not allow that addon (or JSRS/BlastCore Visuals). If it is a PMC or BAF content error, you have patched Arma before installing BAF/PMC content. Proper procedure is to install all games and DLC content, then patch the game to 1.60

if you did install the Download content BAF and/or PMC over a fully patched Arma 2/OA/Combined Ops install, you will find you cannot join certain servers. The process is to uninstall fully, and reinstall in the above posted order. Here's a guide to uninstalling Arma 2 completely for this procedure, but Steam may be different:
http://www.veterans-gaming.com/vg-plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?20735

Syntax LAN_WROTE ...

Hey guys, this is my first post.
It's about the Arma 2 Inurgency Server, it looks like nobody cares for this server, cause like a week there was no restart; it's always the same, no mhq and some destroyed vehicles.(for about months i wanted to play again on VG Server; i've found now the VG Site and was even suprised there is a Ranking for this :).)
So i wanted to ask if somone can enable the voting for admin.
I spend realy long time on this server and i'm kinda sad that noone cares for this server;
Hope someone reads this.

Has voting been enabled?

BLuDKLoT =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Has voting been enabled?

No, it's still the same. I checked the run time of the server it says, over nine days; the server didn't get any restart; so popbably the game has no mhq more than a week.

Maybe we should just make Syntax and admin in the server guys? What you think?

I never was an admin for a server; my english is not very good and i'am bit shy when i must speak :) (perhaps i underestimate me in this point)

Murderface LAN_WROTE ...

@Syntax, ill start going on Insurgency a bit more, so hopefully we can have a few good games together.. i do not forget the awesomeness of that server. sad to see it so dead now

For sure, more people will come to play if a few players are on it, cause many people had the same fun experience.

Just FYI the map on the Insurgency server still says our old TS3 port, it's needs to be updated to 9176, can someone do this please? Other than that the server seems to be running smooth to me, however, I feel like a total noob as I've forgot everything, lol.

Maybe we should just make Syntax and admin in the server guys? What you think?

Go ahead I have no objections.

Just understand.
-Don't remain logged in. Restart the map and get out.
-Don't ban anyone. Report bannables on the forums so I can add them to the proper banlist.
-Don't kick unless it is the last resort. If it is an emergency kick/ban contact me or Semler.

I agree with PITN. Moderator status is different than Admin, Syntax (and Murderface) - It is not clan membership and it is not all server access; just the one. Anyone I know personally, or have played with for over six months, and would like to help moderate one or other Arma servers, contact me and I will review the request. Like PITN said, the in-game ban system is not how we ban people, nor do we want you policing the server by kicking people left and right. Don't ask others to "respect your autoritay" because you have none. But I will give out the ability to restart the server to selected persons if a neccessity has been established, and with it comes these responsibilities.

Syntax, check your PM please.

Also, I'll update the insurgency TS3 marker asap. I'm trying to hurry up and get this Vehicle Camo Script Pack and Demo Mission up to our download section.

The whole reason I got into Arma was due to the great play we used to have on the Veterans Insurgency server.

I liked it so much I started to mess around the mission and have been slowly developing a replacement which is still being tested, it's called it Insurgency simulator as we have tried to make a more realistic atmosphere (civilians, ieds, car bombs etc).

The JSRS sound mod is definately worth looking at, its a client side only and optional mod which dramatically changes how the game sounds. Having now played with it I wouldn't go back to the default sounds. (although I've kept the default humvee sounds for now!)

^ You are correct Reaper the Insurgency server is 'locked down'.. you cannot use other mods.

TotalBoffin LAN_WROTE ...

The whole reason I got into Arma was due to the great play we used to have on the Veterans Insurgency server.

I liked it so much I started to mess around the mission and have been slowly developing a replacement which is still being tested, it's called it Insurgency simulator as we have tried to make a more realistic atmosphere (civilians, ieds, car bombs etc).

That sounds great TB.. let us know if you need help or want some testers.

Well the idea behind no mods is to prevent hacking / cheating but with very few players playing on the server I don't see how that is an issue.
Hacks will always be created and the only way to deal with them is banning the involved.

I would ofc like it if the VG server allowed for optional mods like sound mods and SThud / STmovement, also shacktac is working on a new mod for littlebirds that allow for more realistic scenarios to be played out.
Precision disembarking, shooting from the littlebird as a passenger etc.

it's nice to see this server being revived. been busy with work lately but will try to make more time to go on and get it a bit more active. if i end up getting much time on it i may ask you for Admin rights for the server Sem, as during my days off my timezone is practical for both european, and american players, and also anything inbetween that