Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Armarize - mod launcher for Arma 2

=VG= SavageCDN

See the attached PDF file for these instructions WITH PRETTY PICTURES!!

Armarize is a launcher for Arma 2 that allows you to easily select which mods you want to run as well as managing mod updates or ?synchronization?.

http://www.armarize.com/downloads.php

Steps:

1 - Install and launch Armarize
2 - Click on Configuration
3 - First tab - Modifications

This is where you can select any mod available to download (synchronize).

Check the mods you want and click on Synchronize at the bottom - this will download and install the selected mods or update the mod to the latest version if you already have it installed. Mods that show up red are ones you have already installed but are not prepped for updates through Armarize ? click on Repair to fix this.

4 - Second tab - Profiles

Select your Arma 2 profile from the drop down box.
Below this you can set startup parameters ? first three are to speed up loading the game
- nosplash
- skipIntro
- world=empty
-showScriptErrors
- if you are testing a mission this will show errors in-game

On the right hand side is where you configure which mods you wish to use. Both lists show only the mods that are installed on your system.

- Modifications to load when the game will be started
Select which mods you wish to launch (if there are none in the list it means you haven't installed any)

- Modifications to update during the next synchronization
Select which of your mods you would like to update on the next synchronization

5 - Third tab - Settings

Check the box "Run game as administrator"
If you have a Steam version, check the box "Try to use Steam to start the game"

That's All Folks!!

Once you have Armarize configured and the mods you want to load are checked, go back to the Main Menu, click on Serverbrowser, and click Start to launch the game. You can also browse the list of available Arma servers and join a game from there.

Please if you have any comments or suggestions to add to this doc please post it hear and I will update it!!

launching_mods_with_armarize.rar

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent! You know I'm all about the pretty pictures, Savage! Thanks for making that up so fast!

I really need a PDF writer. I just got Foxit installed on my gaming PC, but what is the name of a decent writer?
I'm certainly hoping it has an interface similar to MS Publisher or that series of writers.

Not sure of any free PDF writers.. if you use Word 2007 you can install the Save as PDF addon. You create the doc in Word and 'save as' a PDF file.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=7

I have a copy of Adobe Acrobat so I use that but it's big $$$ to buy.

I love PDF's for their potential as instructional manuals. Like the one for Project Reality. This is an excellent guide you put up here, I'm now installing the program and am wondering if this is something I start before I start Arma or if it makes a Shortcut I can place on my desktop/taskbar/startmenu.

I use many custom shortcuts on my desktop, they are for Scripting/Editing, or jumping straight to one server or another on load.

Great!!! I'm sure there can be improvements in the doc so let me know if something is unclear. I didn't get into the more complicated setups with Armarize however you can create profiles and save them (ie: profile for Clafghan server, another one for an ACE server, etc)

To answer your question yes you start it before running Arma - in fact you use it to run Arma after selecting your mods (back to main screen, Server Browser, Start button in bottom right)

• 1 month later...