Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Insurgency modifications, scripting fun and testing

TotalBoffin

Hi everyone,

As previously posted, I've been enjoying the gameplay of the insurgency server. This has spurred me on to poke around with the scripting side of things. I've been playing with the latest insurgency version 0.82 and adding various modifications to the gameplay to see how they work out on a little test server. Anyone interested in trying out some modifications have a look for Boffin as the host in Multiplayer (currently 31.132.1.81 port 2302)

Currently its running a beta version of Insurgency 0.82 (UN version, so each squad is different, US/BAF/Etc) with ambient civilians and vehicles and I've added semi realistic artillery support script, transport requests (as per PITN's SOAR version) and cargo load/drop options for the helicopters. My next thought is to try out adding side missions (crash site extraction, convoys, capture insurgency leader) to the gameplay to make sure of the squad element.

The aim of the server is simply to try out tweaks/scripts, and then make suggestions for the official Insurgency mod at Dev-Heaven.

If anyone has any suggestions on what they might like to see added to Insurgency, send me a quick message and I will have a go at implementing it, if it works out I will pass on the idea to the Insurgency guys.

TotalBoffin

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Guys. Been having a few interesting moments so far.
Currently working on side missions, however struggling with syncing tasks to all. Looking at using "taskmaster" but early days at the moment.
Adding various modules and functions to try them out, some maybe removed later on but nice to see how an element changes gameplay.

Is this what you were looking for re: tasks?

Making a Briefing:

Make a file called 'briefing.sqf' and make sure this gets executed through the 'init.sqf'. Add the following to your init.sqf:

execVM "briefing.sqf";

More info here along with a demo mission:

http://www.ofpec.com//index.php?topic=33768.0

Edit: fixed link