Sign in to follow this  
LamorakFCF

Arma 2 AO Error Messages

I've been trying to log on to the VG server. I get in the server. Every time I change to Blue and hit ok I get an error message. "no entry bin\config.bin/ffgweapons.m4a1_aim_sd_camo"

I've looked online, but there are a ton of errors like this...

Any help would be great

Lam

It's just kinda weird. When I pick a team it does the loading screen with the bar on the bottom. Then when it's at 80% it throws the error. Witch flashes back to where you pick you team. You can choose to ignore the error, but, It just goes back to the loading screen with no loading bar. I left it there for at least 10 mins.

From what I've found on the internets most people can ignore most of the errors like this and still play fine.

Still looking though...

Afaik the m4 is part of Arma 2, how are you starting the game?
I load arma 2 as a expack for OA by adding starting params.
Since I bought the Combined ops pack via steam which has some issues I can't load up Combined ops without adding "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca" to the startup params in steam.
You can also do the same for shortcut simply do it for the exe file of arrowhead.

One more solution for combining both armas, if there's still issues.
For Steam.
1. Re-validate game file cache(for both games).
2. Run Arma 2, run Op Arrowhead. In that order. It create keys in registry.
3. Run _runA2CO.cmd in A2OA folder
file is located e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\_runA2CO.cmd
4. Enjoy Combined Operations.

Non Steam
use _runA2CO_nonSteamOA.cmd from _runA2CO_nonSteamOA.zip

The weapon is from the original release of ARMA 2. You should still be able to play even if you don't have the original release.

FYI steam sucks for anything other than VALVE software. In the future get a DVD or buy from a DLC vendor without all of the restrictions STEAM places on you.

I don't ever have any of these Steam issues I hear about. I have the DVD of OA and Steam Arma2 and everything always works fine even when I update from either source.