Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Insurgency edited for =VG=

PITN

Insurgency 0.80 SOAR Edited for VETERANS-GAMING.com
Version e

Changes made by PITN.

Added MH6J Little Bird (Night Stalker) on a call system similar to the A10.
-Default menu. Select 0, 8, request SOAR, SL approves, and select a spawn point on map.
-Fly to your destination. When the player pilot ejects the AI pilot will take over and fly away to despawn.
Changed all BLUFOR slots to Delta Force Soldiers.
Changed weapons to reflect Delta and U.S. Army.
-Suppressed weapons, SAW/HMG and some variants of sniper rifles.
All Hummers are SOVs.
Replaced ATVs with Bicycles as a placeholder.
Changed helicopter to CH-47 Chinook.
Changed some grammar and code names for CAS/SOAR (Lightning/Night Stalker).

-Changes made to the Default Parameters.
--Civilians = Off ( I manually turn this on depending on server population.)
--AI Accuracy = 0.4
--OPFOR Ratio is set to COOP Only.
--Number of caches = 5
--HeliRC = Off
--A10mode = AI
--CAS Timer = 120 seconds
--SOAR enabled = Yes
--Players needed to clear a square, 1. Instead of 2 or 3.
--Number of AI Vehicles = 9
--MHQ protection ring = 400m
--MHQ Deployment Timer = 300 minutes.

Server admin notes.
-Known issues.
--Changing AI accuracy to anything but 0.4 creates an error in the script. (Fix scheduled for 0.81) Use Veteran more instead.
--Civilians can severely slow down a full server. (It is fine with lower player populations.) If you are having problems reduce the AI to 50%, turn off civilians, or get a faster server.
--I run the caches at 5 for a short game and to increase server restart frequency to help solve lag issues with wrecks and destroyed buildings, etc.
--If you stay in the MH6 after the AI is in control you must eject or respawn. Unless, of course, you like flying into infinity.

I hope you enjoy it.

PITN

We have Two new =VG= Versions of Insurgency. Insurgency was originaly written by pogoman and the last version was 0.72. It was updated by Fireball and that is version 0.75. Ted did some tweaks and ported a PMC version for us which we call 0.75L. We also have a BAF version. We have not been able to edit a 0.75 version of the US side as of yet. But we hope to soon.

A big thank you to Ted Toaster for porting his PMC version of Insurgency to =VG=. Thanks Ted!
-Ted ported the PMC kits and vehicles.
-He also added a 5th fireteam at my request.
-He also did a non-OPFOR version as well. The OPFOR ver has a selecatble ratio for opfor players. But if set higher than 1:4 then a full server will not spawn all players.

Changes to Insurgency 0.75L PMC for =VG= by me, PITN. All changes are KIT related. The hard stuff was done by Ted.
I made general changes to make it more inline with a Private Military Company kit issue. All weapons are PMC except the M1911, M9 variants, MP5 variants, M1014, and M240 MG.

-Changed unit descriptions to reflect unit classes. i.e. Medic, Defensive marksman, etc.
-Added MP5A5 and MP5SD and ammo.(Yes, I know the ammo is bugged and it isn't PMC but I wanted a short range SD weeapon for night OPS.)
-Added M9SD pistol and ammo. (Short range SD weapon intended for night operations.)
-Removed UZI and other unused pistol/rifle ammunition.
-Added M1014 Benelli shotgun with Slug and Pellet ammunition.
-Fixed AA12 ammunition. All three types now appear. Pellet, slug, and HE.
-Removed Javelin and AT4 Anti-Tank weapons.
-Added RPG18 to replace removed AT weapons. Remember to pick up ammunition! This kit is restricted.
-Removed M24 sniper rifle.
-Added KSVK anti-material sniper rifle. This kit is restricted.
-Added FN_FAL rifle as this weapon is used by a PMC character.
-Removed G36 rifle variants.
-Added PKM and ammunition. This is the heavy MG for PMC.

Known issues:
-You cannot board the Ka-60 Helicopter. ;( But you can still fly it remotely.
-MP5 ammo is bugged and shows pistol mags, etc. If you know the solution please let me know.
-Missing M9SD ammo.
-The A10 on PMC is bugged. After activating the A10 if you place a new waypoint you initiate the A10 script again. This allows the player to respawn the A10 at will.

BAF 0.75L for =VG=

-Same changes related to kit and parameters.

So the next time you see Ted make sure you give him a big thank you for supporting VG and helping with this project.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Your enthusiasm for Insurgency is really appreciated, but last time I was joining your server (default params involve -showScriptErrors) I was getting a black box across the screen constantly due to some script error which was looping indefinitely. Also my HDD was going nuts because this very script error was written to RPT 100 times per second or so.

Long story short, if you edit the mission - fine - it seems like everyone is doing their own stuff anyway, but do it right. It hurts my scripter pride to see the mission go untested like that.

On another note, I published version 0.76 last monday, new features and fixes can be viewed here.

And improvement suggestions (like adding another squad or more weapons) are always welcome on my Insurgency project space, which might save you some editing trouble in future, if its included by default.

Fireball thanks for the awesome maps. I don't edit maps much and the guys that do are still learning. We're in that "learning curve" phase and there are allot of things we're still trying to sort out. Sorry for causing you grief, we'll do what we can to get it sorted. I've never seen or had any of those issues you mentioned, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Stand by...

I'll also had that original Arma II is a must for your new added weapons, I tried with just OA and the weapons were there...but had no texture/mesh nor sound but they still worked fine, but fixed by buying original Arma II, good job on the map =VG=, and thanks for the map Fireball

Yeah, Big Thank you to Fireball for the maps!
And to the local modders helping to make them the best they can be.

I've been unable to play in-depth games lately, but watching the change-log posts. Great ideas, PITN. Restricted kits; Small SD options for night-ops; awesome! !trin

This soldier is hooked! Will be back to 10 hour tours of duty as soon as I get this dang duplex rented or sold. No luck with the last one, these days.

I'd rather play wargames than Monopoly any freakin day!

Fireball LAN_WROTE ...

Your enthusiasm for Insurgency is really appreciated, but last time I was joining your server (default params involve -showScriptErrors) I was getting a black box across the screen constantly due to some script error which was looping indefinitely. Also my HDD was going nuts because this very script error was written to RPT 100 times per second or so.

Long story short, if you edit the mission - fine - it seems like everyone is doing their own stuff anyway, but do it right. It hurts my scripter pride to see the mission go untested like that.

On another note, I published version 0.76 last monday, new features and fixes can be viewed here.

And improvement suggestions (like adding another squad or more weapons) are always welcome on my Insurgency project space, which might save you some editing trouble in future, if its included by default.

It is all noob editing on my part. Ted did the hard stuff. But I am not sure what error you are talking about. I haven't seen anything like you have described. Can you let me know the version or any other info that I can help me find the problem?

I have been by devheaven. It rocks. As for 0.76 I think the latest parameters you have added are fricken awesome. One I'd like to add is the A10 timer. If set for default or 3-10 minutes could be enough time to deplete the A10's ammo loadout. This would allow ON-STATION time and the normal 20 minute timer would be RTB for fuel and ammo. In fact an option to have 20, 30, 45, or 60 minutes on the RTB would be cool too! I better sign up for Devheaven, eh? !slow

One Q, What are you using to de-PBO the files? I've had issues with PBOView and the 0.76. All I am trying to do is add slots and play with the kits a bit. For Fallujah I'd like to add light armor with crewman only requirements. I may just go with adding 2 CROWS Hummers.

Yes PITN you have been working really hard on these maps and basically got them VG ready, I can't wait to see what you have for us with 0.76! Don't be confused guys, it's a team effort but PITN's been the lead mapper on this so he deserves some props fo sho!

Gamr748 LAN_WROTE ...

Can you make a script for the PMC gamemode of insurgency where the KA rearms like every 5 min when it sits idle without a human pilot, ie, on the heli pad.

You can rearm the Ka60 at the FARP. Just make sure the nose touches the FARP (in the center) and your wheels are on the ground.

Insurgency 0.76 Edited for VETERANS-GAMING.com

Changes made by PITN.

-Max players is now 30 (US/BAF) plus 4 OPFOR (optional) for a total of 34 possible.
-Six Hitman fireteams.

-Changes made to the Default Parameters.
--Ai Accuracy = 0.7
--AI Numbers = 200%
--OPFOR Ratio is set to COOP Only.
--Players needed to clear a square, 1. Instead of 2 or 3.
--Number of AI Vehicles = 9
--MHQ Deployment Timer = Instant.
NOTE: Parameters have been increased 50-200% from original release. i.e. You can have up to 300% ai, 30 caches, and 30 enemy vehicles.

-A10 Fly time is increased from 45 seconds to 2 minutes.
-Adjusted spawn positions of vehicles and players.
-Removed ATVs.
-Added M2 Crows and more SOVs. (USA)
-Added Land Rover. (BAF)
-Added weapons and related ammo.
-Added one SD rifle/pistol for night ops. I tried to be faction specific.
-Added a Mk32 GL for those Rambos out there.

Ammo
15Rnd_9x19_M9SD
8Rnd_B_Beneli_Pellets
8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Slug
30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD (US)
30Rnd_556x45_G36SD (BAF)

USA=VG=
-M1014
-M9SD
-M4A1_Aim_camo
-M4A1_AIM_SD_camo
-M16A4
-m16a4_acg
-M16A4_ACG_GL
-M16A4_GL
-M32_EP1

BAF=VG=
-M1014
-M9SD
-G36_C_SD_camo
-M32_EP1
--Removed U.S. Rifles

If there are any bugs, please report them in this thread.

I hope everyone enjoys this release.

PITN

FYI - I spent 20 hours of my time on trail and error before I achieved this release. I'm taking a break before tackling zargabad and fallujah.

Good edit! Tried it out today and works fine (no more script errors).

The AI/vehicle amount and skill is debatable, as usual - it becomes quite a massacre with the increased skill as their spotting ability is much higher and with 1.59 (despite of some details), they've become almost human-like. Mind you that the AI amount is *per player*! So if you set it to 200% (original mission preset), for each player potentially 8 AI spawn somewhere around in the houses, so don't over do this!

Anyway, nice to see that you guys like the mission.

Fireball LAN_WROTE ...

Good edit! Tried it out today and works fine (no more script errors).

The AI/vehicle amount and skill is debatable, as usual - it becomes quite a massacre with the increased skill as their spotting ability is much higher and with 1.59 (despite of some details), they've become almost human-like. Mind you that the AI amount is *per player*! So if you set it to 200% (original mission preset), for each player potentially 8 AI spawn somewhere around in the houses, so don't over do this!

Anyway, nice to see that you guys like the mission.

Woot!

My only game issue is lag, and that is mostly unavoidable. Seems easier in PR to spot & remove smacktards, but again, not an issues of these missions.

I love Insurgency!! You've been really improving things and it shows. I was logging plenty of time before Feb 26th, got busy with work, and started back up on March 26th.
The changes are very apparent to me in particular.

A few "frequent" players actually knew nothing about the caches. They knew to grab briefcases for intel, but thats it. Spread the word; use markers; and use mortars.

Lastly, BIG issue, minor inconvenience: Mortars can blow up buildings, leaving stationary weapons intact, sometimes still occupied (C4/IED's do it too). Sometimes an insurgent is alive or spawned under the rubble. Not always a good tactic to level a compound.

I think we should either use explosives sparingly in RED map grids, or keep the mortar strikes focused on open ground, close to structures, but not on them deliberately. Clearing buildings isn't as hard as crossing open ground to get to them.

Hmm, the lag is most likely server related.

Currently I'm a bit stressed at work and thus can't really work on the mission and when I got free time I'm playing myself, but I promise, next release will have more (30, I think) BLUFOR slots and working.

EDIT: OTOH, if your server can't accommodate >20 players, then maybe you should run a version with less slots. It could be related to patch 1.59 too, not sure. What you say?

EDIT(Fireball) I'm a big fan of your work!

And by lag, I meant when players start joining up with all their custom crap, and the game I've been playing with many online players, suddenly becomes very laggy. Wish there was some way to block that. Something about custom PBO's, right?

Fireball LAN_WROTE ...

Sheesh I was tired when I wrote that, I finally bothered to re-read. Fun's over :P

EDIT: Darn, the text box just doesn't get smaller eh? Sorry for the spam, I should have made it an EDIT2 on my previous post.

Dude it was fine, I edited it, sorry I couldn't resist. All I had to do was add "with"

I still makes me laff, ....lmao, sorry man