Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

the war z

saxopwn6romeo

anyone else testing out the alpha to this game, 30% of colorado map unlocked, its a decent game although lousy with snipers/bandits in its current state. Just wondering if theres any other survivors out there in the woods i can link up with and stand a better chance of survival.

open beta is scheduled for Oct 31, and more map also.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played for a bit. Maps are small. Even on a low pop server you see people often. Loot spawn is low and crap stuff. I didn't find a melee weapon for an hour and 4 deaths. I have never found a gun.

Character movement is clumsy and graphics are uninspring. Hitbox's in melee combat wierd. I am not sure if it is me, latency or bad hitbox's.

It has potential but it has a ways to go to be even close to DayZ (the mod).

I can only suggest, to those ones who want to play a zombie apocalypse survivor game, play the mod mod of DayZ - DayZ Redux.

WarZ is a cheap CLONE of Dayz. I don't like to pay money to have access to the whole map. Generally, i don't like PtP

DayZ Redux it's for free, duping/cloning shit is fixed, no aborting people they try to avoid a firefights, no OP weapons like m107, vehicles can flipped back on his wheels, your not really able to to hoard everything and an updated Cherno-map.
Additionally, great people, great teamwork and great admins to keep the server clean from cheaters by checking logfiles and many hatchet's.
The only thing is to get whitelisted but that isn't a problem. PM the admin and play.
Currently 2 servers are up (US/EU) and it's still full with players.
Everyone who's saying DayZ is dead are not well informed.

http://forums.dayzredux.com/

Only for peoples they are interrested. For the otherones, stay away

Greetz FJ

TortiaBoy =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

one thing to bear in mind PITN, as everyone keeps saying about it, it's still in Alpha, and soon to be Beta, they still have time to improve, and fun fact, WarZ was thought of before DayZ

I think it's bs actually. They just took War Inc. and made a cheap zombie knock off out of it.

here's a nice post about it
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/xvno9/war_z_is_a_ripoff_of_the_popular_game_dayz_the/

yeah the game is rather rough at the moment, there are no consequences for murder so the majority of the population is just super kill on sight, mass murdering hammer goons running around hacking away at people. I have the pioneer package because i was over anxious and wanted to play on the 15th, Im not really upset with the game right now since it is so infantile but there are just so many outright rips of other systems from other games in place, like the CRYSIS clone weapon upgrade system lol. Maybe over time my 25 dollars will contribute something to this game but its possible we all got duped haha!

hopefully the halloween update and map expansion will alleviate the pvp strain the servers have right now, they do talk about having rentable stronghold servers that you can do what ever in, so im guessing alot of people will password and PvZ in those, who knows

• 2 weeks later...
hello all once again, just wanted to give you guys a quick update on the current state of the game, the NDA has been lifted and now i have some really good footage of a relatively smooth game session in the world of the war z. currently it is uploading to youtube and its about 30minutes long so if you get a chance once its finished loading check it out/skim through it.

ill keep you all posted

a much better video is now available on my channel, this one is 9minutes and features more weapons (hammer, AA12, m4 semi), 1 pvp kill and some good ole fashion looting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zxVL_SgKYw
-update #3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoCjthsPBNE&feature=plcp (+2 more pvp kills)

hope you enjoy, i actually recorded like 2 hours worth and have more parts im gonna upload but i thought section 2 would be the best to show you all first