Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Dota 2 gift copies

Terremer

Hey guys, I've posted this before in the shoutbox a few times, but I've got 2 guest copies of Dota2 beta if anyone wants to play with me. They're full passes which means they last until the beta ends which isnt going to be for months if not a year or so.

If you want to know more about the game, Here is a video of two amazing teams at this tournament held last year, a million dollar prize offered by Valve as a sort of marketing tournament for the launch of the beta.

Dota2 is more or less an exact port of Dota1, with some small updates to the shop, inventory, and UI, the base mechanics of Dota1 that made it completely famous are all still all in place. You can play as one of many, many heroes, all with different abilities. You play in a 5v5 setup, which can either be a custom lobby with mixed bots/humans, online matchmaking of 5 players vs bots, or full on 5v5 PvP.

The only requirement is that you need a steam account. The game runs on the source engine so hardware shouldnt be an issue.

Let me know if you'd like to play, and preferably if you're serious about playing it as I only have 2 passes.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never played DotA, LoL or HoN since I've heard they are pretty hard to get into but it would probably be a fun game to get into with CoOp partners.

I would be interested in trying out classic DotA or one of it's free to play copies with you and some other community members but I'm not sure about DotA 2 yet...

If you have WC3 we could play over LAN, but the dota1 bots are pretty hard and you would probably hate it lol. They make me pretty mad sometimes not to mention the item store is a pain to navigate. he dota2 bots you can put on insanely easy modes so you can learn, that isnt a problem. You can even put them on passive where they dont even leave the lane and basically just stand there. lol

• 6 months later...
bumping this, ive got 2 new copies of dota2 and I believe Poff has 4 of them. Still looking for people to play with. I pretty much only play against bots anymore, as playing online is pretty infuriating unless you have 5 people to play with at all times. You cna still unlock cosmetics if you play online with others vs bots, so its still good iguess.

let me know if you'd like to try it out.

• 3 months later...
Going to revive this as weve been playing it a lot lately between myself, poffadder, ingo, sparky, starchy,acer,gaz, and some others. It would be great if we could get enough people to do 5v5 matches between us as playing bots gets really repetitive. If anyone wants a gift pass or more info let me know.