Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

it's been so long...

Pilgrim59

man, I really wish to get back into PR with you guys. But my computer keeps failing me everytime with overheating problems. I'm gonna have to wait until I get a new Desktop. Until then~
La Drang Valley - PR Vietnam

Comrades - PR Russian Convoy

Company of Heroes - Volksgrenadier

AFK, eating~ *yes, I'm a Battlefield fanboy. Problem? :3

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice drawings - with regards to overheating, perhaps one of the tech monkeys here would be able to help with that, I can think of several ways you can fix that and get back to the way it used to run, but I have limited time online until June 18th. Ask around in TS3, you may get some good tips. The Gaming Veterans here love to help people game and have a combined 30+ years of experience...
!cheers

Thanks, Semler. But the overheating problem I've experienced is quite abnormal, I'm still looking into it. The weird thing is that it crashed my whole laptop whenever I play PR for more than 10 mins. Even on low graphics. Checked the PR forums for solution, found none. I even checked updates and corruption cleanups. Plus, my curent (temporary) laptop is an Acer -.- this thing could heat stuff faster than a microwave based on my previous experience with Acer computers. But thanks for help offer. I'm just gonna wait until I get my new desktop built for gaming.

Well it's been quite a longtime since I've been on any of the forums, probably around 8 months, but I am into tech so i may be able to help. Depending on your laptop and it's age the thermal paste between the IHS and cooler's heat spreader may be slowly drying out, loosing it's ability to dissipate the heat. You could carefully tear your laptop apart, removing the keyboard, back panel, etc. To pinpoint what is overheating, download a temperature monitoring program such as Core Temp (CPU), CPU-Z (CPU, Obviously), MSI Afterburner (GPU), or GPU-Z (GPU). It could also be something as simple as the heatsink being clogged with dust, unabling it to push hot air out of your laptop, which has the potential to affect both, depending on your laptop model.

If you could supply your laptop model (exact model) that would help a bit