Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Many new DCS titles

Iffn

In the last few month, Eagle Dynamic has made many announcements around there new DCS: World project including new addons and 3rd party developments. Especially the second one has bought out many new and interesting projects.
Listed below is an overview of the information I was able to gather within the last few days. More can be found in the
Eagle Dynamics Forums. It looks like it was worth getting all my flight sim equipment !grin

Eagle Dynamics:

DCS: World Main framework on which all future DCS title will run on, currently in open beta. Currently Free2Play in single player with the Su-25T as far as I know.

DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark 2 and A-10c Warthog The only released DCS products yet, currently implemented in the DCS: World beta

DCS: P-15D Mustang Classic WW2 fighter plane; easy to learn, hard to master. Currently in open beta

LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 3 Announced in the e-mail newsletter on the 23.12.2012. Improved version of LockOn FC2 to be compatible with A-10C and Black Shark 2.

DCS: Combined Arms aka DCS: RTS (real time strategy), an addon that allows players to give unit orders, take control of certain vehicles such as tanks and aa-guns and play as JTAC to lase targets for allied fighters. Trailer. Ready for DCS: Tank?

Nevada Map addon Already released once as a incomplete new map during the DCS: A-10c beta but pulled back again.

DCS: Next fixed wing fighter (F/A-18C?) In there e-mail newsletter from the 23.12.2012, ED stated: "And, of course - The next US fixed wing jet DCS aircraft is being worked in parallel!" (in parallel refers to P-51 Mustang) It's assumed that this will be the F/A-18C (Source)

3rd Party Projects:

Laszlo 'beczl' Becz

DCS: Mig 21Bis Fishbed Originally made for Flaming Cliffs 2, now being made into a fully functional DCS-plane. To be released in 2012. Cockpit , Radar WIP

IRIS Flight Simulation Software: Main project list , Interview

DCS: F-15E Strike Eagle Eye Candy 3D-model looks already awesome, 2-seat online version if possible

DCS: F-14D Tomcat Announced, probably 2-seat online version if possible

DCS: F-22 Raptor Systems probably not as accurate as in the other DCS titles since still classified. Thrust vector nozzles if possible.

BD-5J Microjet probably just a side project, "James Bond plane",

Virtual European Air Operations: Announcement

DCS: Hawk Eye Candy Developed for Flaming Cliffs as a SU-25 modification, flown by the Virtual Red Arrows

DCS: Eurofighter Typhoon Eye Candy Developed for Flaming Cliffs 2, some systems probably still classified, FC2 version

Interesting Mods:

VTAI: F-16C Fighting Falcon next DCS?

Cheers,
Iffn

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
HEY! Welcome to the website, Navynuke99!! Yea, the DCS series is sure "taking off"! !lol
I think this is the video you're talkin about - and it ROCKS!
(feel free to join us in TeamSpeak3 for some COOP flying)

I am still kicking myself for missing the sale on DCS A-10C this X-mas (it was down to $15 according to Poffadder...)
I will get DCS titles soon - like Iffn said, all this flight sim gear cannot go to waste!! haha!

BTW - this is the video by Chaz that made me want to buy this game way back: awesome music, great editing:

!fans