Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

The Battle Sim, The Fighter Collection, DCS and more

Iffn

I saw this interview and I thought I need to do some research.

Eagle Dynamics:
Eagle Dynamics is a software company from Moscow that made flight sim games like Lock On and the DCS Series. One of there first games was Su-27 Flanker http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Su-27_Flanker_%28video_game%29 and it looks like they developed all there flight sims with the fighter collection.

The Figher Collection:
The Fighter Collection operates, rebuilds and maintains Europe's largest collection of airworthy WWII aircraft and is based at Duxford Airfield, UK.
But they also make software like The Battle Simulator ( http://www.thebattlesim.com/ and the video below) and a A-10C Simulator for the US Air National Guard who was now released to the public as DCS A-10C Warthog.

From DCS: A-10C Flight Manual Page 14:
The Fighter Collection / Eagle Dynamics has been developing a high-fidelity Desk Top Simulation (DTS) of the A-10C for the U.S. Air National Guard for the past several years, giving us a tremendous access to A-10C information. We were fortunate enough to work out an agreement with our client to release an entertainment version of this simulation.

That's all for now folks. But what do you know / think about this? Are we even getting a "World of DCS" MMO flight simulator?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both the Lock On/Flaming Cliffs and DCS titles are among my most favorite sims to fly. Having flown pretty much every possible flight sim under the sun in the last ten years or so there are few out there that really compare to them. If only Eagle Dynamics could incorporate a "dynamic" campaign into there titles then I think it would top Falcon for me. It has a great mission editor that is very similar in use to ARMAs. You can crank out TEs relatively easy and make them as complex as you want.

The new DCS:A10C is an absolute beast of a combat flight sim! It has all of the depth of Falcon (as far as avionics, weapons, systems etc..).

If any of you guys out there in VG land are interested in some MP flights just hit me up.

I'm surprised LOMAC/DCS hasn't gained much popular here at VG, yet. But I can think of 2 pressing issues why that may be the case:

1) Lack of dynamic campaign
2) Lack of 3D clickable cockpit (LOMAC)

As great as the Falcon dynamic campaign is, how often do we at VG, for online flying, utilize it? I've only been flying here since September and have only recorded 1 campaign mission in FreeFalcon. 99.9% of the time, we host TEs. The Falcon community is loyal and militant to their 10+ year old dynamic campaign, but on a day-to-day basis at VG do we REALLY need it?

The lack of 3D clickable pit in LOMAC still irks me. DCS Blackshark finally addressed that, as with the upcoming A-10C sim.

As great of a sim FreeFalcon is, F-16 avionics (regardless of aircraft) can get old/boring. On the flip side, learning DCS A-10C or Blackshark avionics can be overwhelming. Certainly not a walk in the park. Hopefully A-10C will gain some steam around here, we can all "teach" each other about the sim and bust up some tanks.

I just ordered Lock On Platinum and DCS: Black Shark a few minutes ago, so it should arrive on saturday or monday.

Sadly, I need to buy a new computer before i'm able to play DCS: A-10C Warthog... !butcher

There is probably a lot of stuff to learn for me but people will join us when they see us playing, that's how it worked with our project reality coop-server. Looking forward to fly with you !pilot