Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

[poll] PR Mini Events

TEDF

Hi chaps,

As some already know, I have done series of mini events during some of the evenings on the past few weeks. The events consist mostly of VIP rescues or just simply having civilians running around the city, forcing BLUEFOR to double and triple check their targets before firing. On bigger maps I sometimes set up additional challenges, like extra stationary AA/AT positions which the BLUEFOR needs to destroy - Once down, they won't be rebuild.

The main reasons for those mini events are :
1. To bring a little change to the everyday turkey shooting and flag capture
2. To prepeare and teach COOP only players the Deployment environment, Mainly the insurgency gamemode, where you have to check your targets as insurgents do have civilians running around and killing just 2-3 may cause your team to lose the round.

As we already know, there are and there will forever be trolls on the COOP who try their very best to ruin the game for others. And that's the reason I'm making this post.

If it's ok with everybody, I would like to do a few changes to the COOP server rulebook, that takes effect only when these mini events are live.

The event start will be announced on the Forum and the server name/description will be changed an hour/2 before it begins. The gamemode (Civilian or normal AAS) will be announced beforehand as well.

Here are couple of rules I had in mind :

Civilian missions :

1. Regular COOP server rules
2. BLUEFOR is required to restrain their use of force and double check their targets before firing. Intentionally killing a civilian will result in the player getting warned/kicked or banned.
3. All civilian roles must be announced to the BLUEFOR by the event host at the beginning of the event/during it, so new player can know which vehicles civilians operate.
4. BLUEFOR may stop civilian vehicles for questioning or to request repairs if the civi is driving a logistics truck. The questioning is mostly nessesary when there are more that 1 person in the civilian vehicle.
5. Special rule for =VG= Recon - NO poking civilians with knives/bayonets!

AAS :
1. Regular COOP server rules
2. BLUEFOR has to complete the objectives to achieve victory. The mission will be failed if the round ends beofre objectives are completed.

Let me know what you guys think. If you have any additional ideas, feel free to post them below. Also, if you vote NO, please also let me know the reason behind it so I can do some changes if possible.

=VG= TED(F)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All additional rules intended to make the game both more interesting and less frustrating (dealing with unnecessary nuances from trolls for the most part) are always welcomed!

Though, I have a small inquiry in mind: since in Insurgency Mode, shotgun can be used to simulate bean bag round and subdue civilians non-lethally, and the stated goal is to help preparing us for Deployment, is it possible and sensible to apply a rule for something similar?

Maybe sometime in the future. For now I'd like to consentrate on civilians not getting shot the second a guy with a gun shows up.
Once the first step is done, we shall have a bit more complex versions like fake civilians who are actually spawn beacons for the AI. Thats where the stopping and questioning comes into play. But for now, lets stick with the easier way.