Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR : Campaign Episode I

TEDF

Yeah, sounds fair. Our Docs just need to be on the ball that day, we're trusting you boys with our lives to pull us out.

Ted, are you sticking me with the Seals as a combat correspondent, recording the action and the survival on Ramiel, or as a fighting member? Not sure how exactly the Navy boys move, but it will in the way our Recon move.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right. I would be the Press, armed with only a "camera", getting live action shots in the combat zone for the "world" to observe what's happening. It's mostly so that we get videos of our events so we may watch them later. I also have a feeling I will wind up getting separated from my unit, and would have to "survive" my way back for rescue. But, if you need a fighting man in the Seals, I can fill that role in too.

What I had in mind was :
Missions 1 & 2 - You would stick with whatever squad you like & is willing to take you with them (except Mech inf for transport slot problem) and do what journalists do.
Mission 3 - You would play the role of a VIP journalist, who happens to jump in a wrong BH at the wrong time and gets stranded in Ramiel alongside with navy seals and 2 pilots.
Let me know what you think and if you accept the VIP role in final mission. Also any additional ideas are welcome.

Maybe in order to make this campaign as realistic as possible like intended, the correspondent Recon will play should be squad-less. This way, it can simulate him being only a reporter with no military tie, prompting him to follow whichever squad, event or location he wants, and can only use local chat to talk to the people close to him due to having no mean to communicate effectively with conventional forces. The two combined together will also invoke the possible chance of him getting lost or into sticky situations.

On the other hand, this will also hamper his ability to "record the war" going on, so the video of the matches afterward might not be ideal as a result.

Just a small thought for fun.

That's exactly what I had in mind for all 3 maps Ted. But, it should be known there is a difference between a Marine combat correspondent, who is an active fighting Marine that still performs the duties of a rifleman with an attached unit, in addition of reporting the front fighting. And a media War correspondent, who runs around at the front with an attached unit, donning a lovely shade of blue vest with the giant target on it labeled "PRESS". These are usually the guys that wind up getting in the way of the fighting.
But, I do want that journalist kit. With everything removed, it makes it perfect.

As for the execution, CO should be holding a staff briefing 1 hour prior to the launch with his Fireteam/Squad leaders, explaining the plan of execution and many many contingency plans. It will include which unit I, the correspondent, will be attached with. We already know that with all of us veterans players, we'll be able to cap one flag after another. So with that, Commander's main priority with Mission accomplishment, is his troop welfare. Personally, I would suggest no casualties, but in actuality, he would be briefed by HQ the mission's acceptable losses; exceeding it would cause the unit to be withdrawn/fail. CO's job is very important in keeping everyone alive, he's the one who makes sure everyone's got what they need, with the backup they need when things go to hell. We can reach no casualties, as long as we get a CO that does his job, and plan our execution properly.
Also, since we do not have Air units and any organic artillery support, I would suggest have 1, two-man sniper team. There is at least always some sort of fire support available, and with the other two unauthorized, it leaves sniper support. But, these two should have some sense in their task, and not just roof jumping. It's great you can see the world from rooftops, but the entire world sees you too, and throws bullets the same way. They will be operating as a Recon team for the CO as well, but primarily giving fire support. These two need to know and accept that there will be alot of sitting and staring at sand, and should not be off fighting their own battles.

@madsrm - Yes, we have few more slots available, Added you to mech inf as LAT

@Recon - I kind of want to save the randomness and fun factor that the PR currently has. Turning into Arma PR kind of ruins it. That's why I have left few smaller bits out like big Commander plans and the massive Briefings. The Commander and SQLs would have to think on the spot and adapt to new situatations as they are thrown to them by HQ. Of course, I won't stop CO to plan it beforehand as most of the info is already given out.
Also, the short planning time would give both sides few minutes to prepeare for the mission at the beginning. (specially for the badboys)
And about !crazy snipers... !crazy We all know that as long as the event is done by TEDF, the sniper is a nonono no nooooo. !crazy

Hey all!

I would be willing to take commander role, if you will have me. Any of the guys that play during Australian times will probably already know me and hopefully vouch for me.

I already have some ideas of how to tackle the first map and could post up an plan of assault including specific objectives and orders for the different squads.

It will be 7 am on a Sunday for me but I can just stay up really late on Saturday.

@FPSGeraud -:Thanks for signing up as the CO. I'll send you additional info and tasks that need to be done before each of the missions are a go.
@sillymoose - all additional info and objectives will be thrown to the CO during the mission. I like to keep you guys in a dark as long as I can !crazy

Get ready for some action guys!!!

I have special EpiPens for this event

We're gonna need an excellent Medic like you if we're gonna face 40 elite killer bots on the 17th. !eatmyuzi Not to mention the mortars that will probably hit us again and the shitload of IED's on the road.

Hooyah Marines!

Note: I do hope we can do this event a bit more serious and get the VIP out ALIVE this time.

@deadpool - added you to mech inf, random kit slot. Welcome aboard!
Holy Moly! Didn't expect this to happen within such sort period of time, but looks like the roaster is full! Thank you all who signed up.
If there are more ppl interested, post up. HQ is considering providing CO with additional support assets and if there are more brave souls wishing to join, then they shall have their chance!
I'll see the rest of you on 17th. Make sure to give your sacrifises and prayers to the PR !angel so that the server would stay stable during the missions.
Seals - Make sure you get together at least once to do a bit of training. !bb
Same goes to pilots - A couple of minutes in the shooting range doesn't hurt !hunter
Pack your gear and epipens. The operation has a green light!!