Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR : Campaign Episode I

TEDF

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a special request to the now full Navy Seals Team - Please take some time to get together and practise working with just 4 of you in a squad on a normal round, before the event. Find out your strenght and weaknesses.
Also, wouldn't hurt if pilots could spend few minutes in the shooting range as well !gundown

Only 9 original slots left! Thank you all who have already signed up. If the original roaster gets filled and there's still interest in joining, I'll add more additional slots to the half-empty squads. !cheers

Alright. Since I am now officially not working that Saturday I hereby
sing up for the SQL position of the mech-inf squad.
Being the commander in the first event was a really enjoyable experience but this time I want to do the dirty work, not order it.

Sign me up teddy!

BTW: Don't be afraid of signing up as commander! YOU CAN DO IT. JUST DO IT!

SerEvergreen LAN_WROTE ...

By the way, is the time mentioned here based on server time in Germany, UTC +1?

PR events on most servers run on "PR time" which is UTC + 0. If we are to organize this event like we did the last one, then I assume the wonderful Herr Mectus will put up a neat little countdown website to make sure there's no confusion.

I didn't see any clock on the upper right side of realitymod.com though. Is it in some other part of the site, or am I on the wrong site?

The timer is here: http://tournament.realitymod.com/ On top of the page, just beneath the Project Reality dog tag logo

Based on you're location (Vietnam +0700 UTC) you're time for the event will be at 3 in the morning. Also, I suggest if you're not able to join in (because of the inconvenient time), let it know here :)

20.00 seems to be the most reasonable right now. Yes, it would be quite late for eastern europeans (11 pm for me), but we'll have to look at a bigger picture here.
20.00 would be :
1) around 12AM -1 PM for West Coast guys - Could squeese few hours down from the event start, but...
2) around 6-7 AM for our Aussie brothers which means that our most dedicated PR dudes would have at least some chance to join.

Sledgehammer LAN_WROTE ...

I didn't see any clock on the upper right side of realitymod.com though. Is it in some other part of the site, or am I on the wrong site?

The timer is here: http://tournament.realitymod.com/ On top of the page, just beneath the Project Reality dog tag logo

Based on you're location (Vietnam +0700 UTC) you're time for the event will be at 3 in the morning. Also, I suggest if you're not able to join in (because of the inconvenient time), let it know here :)

Ah I see it now, much appreciated!

And don't worry, 3 AM is actually great for me, for not only am I quite a night owl, midnight/early morning will ensure that the amount of bandwidth sharing on my area relay node to the ISP is most minimized and I can enjoy full bandwidth as well as a stable, zero-packet-loss connection, which will compensate greatly for the inherent high latency connecting to EU from here.

Besides, it would span from early Saturday to early Sunday across timezones for the scheduled time, so I would wager that 20:00 PRT is probably the most balanced hours so far, like T.E.D.F said.

Most of the things are mentioned in the briefing. My original thought was to act as a HQ that gives the commander additional orders and then it's up to him to direct the resources and manpower as he sees fit to accomplish the objective. If we don't get a volunteer for lead, then I'll foward HQ messages over as a server message during the round and it would be up to SQLs to decide who goes where.
Ideally I would like to make the operation as realistic as possible in comms and command wise, meaning that the CO would be the one leading the show. Stucture would look like as following :
1. Order comes from HQ
2. CO recieves the order, plans out the course of action he sees fit, assigns nessesary assets and gives out the plan order to SQLs
3. SQLs carry out the plann by leading theyr squad to the objective using the resources that have been assigned by the CO. Once objective is complete/failed, report back to CO

!offtopic Also, as one of the Navy Seal team members propably wont be able to attend, the spot for a breacher is open.

Alright, another one of Ted's pieces. I'll be your PA officer working as a combat correspondent. Just stick me to a unit, and I'll go get the camera ready. We'll need a record of our part in history here after all. Beside, we need to share to the rest of the world, the action in the streets upfront.

Speaking of filming the fight in combat, will the Wounded timer be changed? As it stands currently, if there is no doc immediately on call, the person is usually considered dead. I would suggest one or two minutes, allowing Sq leaders to call brass for reinforcements to arrive, sort out the fight/drag the bodies back and administer treatment.
Also, just that little detail, ideally in the Corps, a fireteam would be the working horse; in which consists of 4 members: Rifleman(A breacher to be specific in PR), Fireteam leader, SAW gunner, and assistant gunner(This would be PR's Rifleman). A doc would be attached as well, and an AT-4/SRAW if attached with a Weapons company. Total of 6 active members. Of course, just alittle insight to help structure things around, it's up to you Ted for the actual structure.
With this structure, it forces Rifle companies to call for assistance when encountered with targets out of their scope. The easiest example would be encountering hostile heavy armor. Fireteam would need to stay down/pull back out of the area and call MAGTF (Or the CO for our case) for any stationed CAS/Arty battery fire support, giving that extra forced team work among leaders.

@T.E.D.F: I wish to inquire about something I believe is a valid question: Will the rules allow or forbid the act of picking up kits from wounded/dead comrades to fill up their needed role in the heat of combat (medic for reviving, and LAT for fighting armors, for example)? I wanted to ask in case people might consider such act as a possible abuse or exploit.

Recon, is it ok if I put you in Seals team? Could use your expertise in impossible situations :-)

Now in terms of respawn timer - I would like to keep the wounded time as it is because Melon's minions havent evolved that far to know how to give up and respawn. 2minutes wounded would mean that if a mech inf squad runs into pack of bots and defeats tem, then the rest of the team would have another 3 minutes to roam around freely without any resistance until the buggers finally return.

@evergreen
Thanks for reminding me, totally forgot.
The players are requiered to stick with the role they signed up as. It is not allowed to request any other kits from supply creates. However, you are allowed to pick up kits from fallen brothers.

UPDATED RULES SECTION