Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

[poll] Are you bored with PR Co-op?

=VG= BLuDKLoT

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I changed to deployment because the coopmode lost his charme.

The lack of new coopmaps, personally the missed chance to make the PR Veterans-Gaming server more popularity/unique and the long waiting time of an official new pr coop/version release makes the bf2pr coopmode totally uninterresting for me.
Sorry to say it but our pr server is the most time dead.
Peoples playing on there favorite server and that's currently not our one. We never made some events, promotion for our server or something like that.

Another reason is maybe the summer season and people enjoy the weather.

I lost my hope in bf2pr coop and i'm concentarting on ArmA III

New game, new server, new fun, new chances. !coop

Greetz

=VG= Eclipse002 LAN_WROTE ...

But i am not bored of PR..its just no ones on it doing our VG thing.

There is no VG thing anymore!
Wait for melons maps for the next pr version release.
But u know. Everyone will have it, other servers too.

I tried to make the VG server better with improved ai, better vehicle layout, removing botchoppers and more more more to lure the gamers to veterans gaming.
U can't imaging what all more, Eclipse. The best chance we had was with the new mapnavmeshes from melon and Speirs and my stuff to make the =VG= server UNIQUE.
We had the chance to ask for permissions of using and modifying maps and integrate the coopmode for it.

A release of a =VG= mappack with new coopmaps for prsp. Amazing news, new visitors, new users, reputation growths .... Sounds good but will never happen.

I will not thinking about it what all had be happen like:

Making our own pr events with the new coopmaps.
Ingame videos with the new maps (maybe more than 20.000 views because new coopmaps)
Mappack Download available by sign up (page impressions for this site, more users)
Beta Events and Pictures for Facebook and all the other social net stuff for gaming clans

We was already on the right way but .......

Hey doesn't matter, life goes on Fastjack

I never got bored with playing PR, maybe just bored of listening to melon's bellyaching. Seriously though, I've had tons of hours of fun playing on the VG PR server and met a bunch of great guys through the game and the community. I may have came ages after the great glory days of the PR server, but when I did start playing it was the only COOP server with a sense of community and balanced to keep the trolls mostly at bay, while still being friendly and inviting to new players. Countless players have come and gone over time, but many found good times on the VG server and would come back often.

My interest in playing PR has waned over the last few months, but it was mostly from being burnt out on playing the game so much and having to deal with the server difficulties that cropped up. It would suck spending 40 minutes trying to set things up on muttrah when the server would reset every hour.

I understand that the issues were largely out of the VG realm of control, but the player count took a hit and never really recovered. Downtime coupled with the fact that its summer and there are a ton of new games to steal peoples focus away, but plenty of people have also left because they've moved on with life. I know at least 3 guys left to join the military, 2 that life just got too busy that they couldn't devote the time to game anymore, and I can think of one guy that I wouldn't be surprised to find out failed his way out of college from playing PR all time. !memo

I too have been lured away from PR, but I managed to meet and get to know plenty of other great guys in the VG community. I received a free copy of ARMA:OA from a VG promotion that I allowed me to play DayZ with a bunch of people that I hadn't met in the community before. People may not be playing much PR anymore, but it was a big reason a lot of them joined the community.

Ultimately, I can understand that the server costs and upkeep required for the PR server are hard to justify with the lack of a sold player base playing regularly. Maybe PR Ver 1.0 will bring about a new era of people coming to play PR, but who really knows. I've had many hours of fun playing and would likely find my way back to playing regularly sometime soon. I just can't quit you PR. !iloveyou

I would hate to see the PR server go, but nothing gold can stay.

Aright Yes and No from me I honestley don't have the time to put into seeding the server anymore normally when you do get a few seeders the server fills up quite good but it's just that effort needed to be put into getting the first 10 or so players going. Lack of a PR update is quite a problem.

I don't want to see the server gone when 1.0 rolls around because it will be server filling good so maybe swap it over to a different game or something in the meantime.

Honestly though the server just needs that little push from a few dedicated players to get the it filling up and then its quite great. thats the reason the insta spawn servers get players is because the teamwork is not required when you have so many assets to abuse and what not.

@ TEDF i had the same problem with FH2 it looks like nobody plays it anymore ...thats why i try to make it more popular, i create a picture for events, a ribbon, and tell everybody he should play ... maybe you should plan a event, i can help you with the event picture and put it on VG and Facebook. I would like it too if more people play PR

The server is dead because we don't play there. We wer e what brought people there. It was out style of play and fairness that made us popular, but when we got bored with it, we lost our base of regular players to the other servers. Moving to this new host didn't help and having none of us ever there is why it's flat. I'll make a point to play more often. I plan to be on more and gaming when I can. Once we're back playing again you'll quickly remember why you loved it. WE need to get the server back to how it was prior to the move or let it go and take our patronage to another server. If we can make our server better then let's get it done.

Fasjack, as for all the stuff you mentioned. I was confused by most of it. Is there something we can do to fix it?

First of all thanks to Blud for the starting this topic. I think this is an important thing that we need to clarify.

Yes. The reason has already been mentioned by TED and others. PR is fun if you play it as a coordinated group. Back in the golden days most of our members were active on the server. I miss the good ol?times ? who not? However, it has shifted everything. Many have moved to ArmA II. Some may wonder why. Here is my point of view:

PR is now seven years old (released August 2005). The server isn?t stable, the AI become outdated. ArmA II offers more tactical possibilities, is closer to the reality, provides content that is not in PR. Just the better AI makes the game incredibly interesting. Back to PR. Some maps have become extremely boring. I had a long talk with Melon about new maps. Fresh wind comes with new maps - but so much work has to be done and we all must be patient and grateful that someone cares about it (Special thanks goes to Melon and Fastjack)! Generally I understand the change. I believe the most important thing is to have some FUN playing a game. The motivation to play a game comes from the people themselves. We can?t force them.

I would love to play PR! But not alone. It would be more fun with you all!

With well over 1000 hours and nearly 3 million points, PR coop has become somewhat boring to play for me. Many of those hours where spent seeding the server, and the rest of the time was spent committing genocide against AI. Excuse me for not playing it as much as i used too. I just do not have the time or willingness to spend seeding the server.

The majority of the people i played with have either moved onto other games or just disappeared. This is not a "bad" thing, its just the natural flow of life, things change, for everyone, no-one is exempt from this fact.

It would be fantastic to get the server back to the good old days when it spent most of its time full, with people in teamspeak complaining about not being able to join because the server was full. This i believe to be a very unrealistic goal. Overall the PR community has declined, yes we could hold out hope for the long prophesied V1.0 and pray to the PR gods that salvation will soon come, this is also a mistake because it does not address the problem we have right now.

All we can do as individuals is do our best according to our own limits, if that means seeding an empty server for hours then so be it, on the flip side, if you cant be arsed to play a somewhat outdated co-op game with poor AI, and you'd rather go play another game that you enjoy more then so be it, there's nothing wrong with that either. We cant force people to do something they just don't want to do.

I don't have a magic wand to wave and make everything all fluffy and wonderful again.
Just a couple of suggestions:
1. ensure that all those who want admin on the PR server get admin.
2. Someone who is willing to co-ordinate with other event organisers and decide on a bi-weekly seeding event do so. (not me)

Am i bored of PR coop - NO i am not

I now return to my mountain top monastery to meditate and continue my vow of silence.

I voted yes.. and it's true I am bored with PR COOP. That doesn't mean I will never play it again.. I will happily join PR events or other organized stuff.

My thoughts are this: BF2/PR is on it's way out.. it's an old engine and the folks at PR are moving on (to Arma or whatever). At some point it won't make sense to run a BF2/PR server anymore. Perhaps if people get into deployment it will be delayed for a while.. but not even the PR devs care about COOP anymore and IIRC the last patch they even broke some COOP stuff and don't seem to intent on fixing it.

Anyway with all the work Melon and others have done with maps, etc perhaps we are selling it short? Maybe some organized event days would help bring people back to PR?

SavageCDN =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

I voted yes.. and it's true I am bored with PR COOP. That doesn't mean I will never play it again.. I will happily join PR events or other organized stuff.

My thoughts are this: BF2/PR is on it's way out.. it's an old engine and the folks at PR are moving on (to Arma or whatever). At some point it won't make sense to run a BF2/PR server anymore. Perhaps if people get into deployment it will be delayed for a while.. but not even the PR devs care about COOP anymore and IIRC the last patch they even broke some COOP stuff and don't seem to intent on fixing it.

Signed

PR server is wasted money in my opinion. Its not my money and i never donated so you can do what u want but ...
Scott, you paying money for an empty server for an 7 year good but OLD mod. You have nothing you can use to fill up the server with peoples and own members or make it more interresting/different for the people/us like new maps.

Peoples currently playing on other servers and i think they enjoy it.
It doesn't matter, if an new pr release is coming early or later. All server will have the new version and our server have nothing to make it unique.

A new release bringing not back the peoples because the people playing on their favorite server (that currently not our, thats a sad fact) and they can play the same map also, so why change to the veterans server?

Anyway with all the work Melon and others have done with maps, etc perhaps we are selling it short? Maybe some organized event days would help bring people back to PR?

Wait of the next pr release and we can make an event with the new maps. Meanwhile, i playing BF4 !crazy and Arma V.

The waiting time to the next release is to great. All updates needed a longtime. That was one reason why i tried todo it by myself and started on the VG thing to make things faster ..... now its an pr thing. Also Wait.

Cheers

Yes, very much so since quite a while.

According to XFire, I played almost 1150h of BF2 which is almost all on the VG-Coop server. I had an awesome time playing there but playing Muttrah City 2 Coop or Kashan desert Coop over and over again just gets boring.

I prefere Arma 2 now since it's much easier to create custom missions.

I voted no, but I agree with TEDF, without additional players it's not a lot of fun. I have spent some time playing alone on the server. Sometimes players join sometimes they don't. I would miss playing COOP but i certainly understand the economics of keeping a server up when no one is using it. I am not sure what could be done to revive interest in the VG server.

Before all the server issues cropped up, seemed the best time to find a large amount of people playing was on Saturday mornings US/evening EU. Maybe we could try to get a group of people on Saturdays to play for a bit. Nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd, If we got enough people playing in the morning we would likely have a fair amount of people on the server for the rest of the day. It wouldn't be much, but it would be a start.

Fastjack =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

I changed to deployment because the coopmode lost his charme.

The lack of new coopmaps, personally the missed chance to make the PR Veterans-Gaming server more popularity/unique and the long waiting time of an official new pr coop/version release makes the bf2pr coopmode totally uninterresting for me.
Sorry to say it but our pr server is the most time dead.
Peoples playing on there favorite server and that's currently not our one. We never made some events, promotion for our server or something like that.

Another reason is maybe the summer season and people enjoy the weather.

I lost my hope in bf2pr coop and i'm concentarting on ArmA III

New game, new server, new fun, new chances. !coop

Greetz

i'm not going to buy arma 3 too soon, but at the moment i dont have much time to play and playing the same maps over and over again is boring after some time.
same for BF1942, which i still play at times... so i will definitely return to PR... but only for short.