Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR Sound Mod

=VG= Melon Muncher

This is great really makes the game sound so much better. It replaces most if not all the weapon sounds with new ones as well as some vehicle effects like the Huey and humvees. Its really worth it and you can play on-line with it though still backup just in case.
http://prteamwork.com/threads/anders-sound-modification.1688/

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steelrain, this is Raptor, adjusting fire systemated .. over ........
Raptor, steelrain adjust fire to systemated .. out ......

1. It's in the vehicle_client.zip/common/radiochatter/sound/radiochatter.wave file:
U can replace this sound by ur one, if u give ur soundfile the same name radiochatter or ...
2. u tweak the Tweakfile. Its in the vehicle_objects.zip/common/radiochatter/
Open tweakfile (notepad) and replace 3 times (Fire1P / Fire1P_Outdoor and Fire3P) the radiochatter.wav with ur NAME_OF_THE_WAVE_FILE.

From this :
ObjectTemplate.soundFilename "objects/vehicles/common/radiochatter/sound/radiochatter.wav"

to this :
ObjectTemplate.soundFilename "objects/vehicles/common/radiochatter/sound/SpeirsSound.wav"

Speirs, i need an "ringing mobile phone" sound (4 seconds is enough) for my botmodded IED's.

@Headshot: I believe it's the main BF2 directory. Don't delete the installer though, because you need that to enable/disable it. It says it's not compatible with all servers, but I used it on the VG coop server last night, and everything worked OK. No problems with Punkbuster. If anything does happen, just disable it I guess.

• 2 months later...
how can i un-install this sound mod,when the un-install button/disable button does nothing!?,it's causing me PB errors when i play servers that dont run it,namely NWA. PR Vietnam cause they dont use it!

cant be found in the un-install programs folder
can i just delete the desk top icon?

any help please
thanx

T.E.D.F =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

start the sound mod, and then write the location of the BF2 folder where it is asked, and then hit disable or if you want to uninstall it, hit uninstall :)

thanx Ted but am not sure what file directory to type in?,is it just the BF2 folder?...or a specific mods folder?

• 4 weeks later...