Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR: Paperboy

Bones

Coming soon from BSS is the long awaited free to play mod to the 1984 arcade classic ?Paperboy!? Featuring a slew of modern feature bring this news delivery simulator to an all new realism level.

LOOKS SOOOO REAL!!!!!

Features:

64 player Co-Op ? You and your friends battle for control of Ocean Terrace Florida, an upper middleclass neighborhood in the midst of a devastating News delivery war.

New Graphic Engine ? The visual fidelity makes it look so real! You can literally smell the ink!

Awesome Cool Physics ? Every toss of the Daily Bugle flies just like the real thing.

2 Character Classes ? Talk about choices, are you going to be Bobby Richards or Christopher Tomkins! Each has their strengths and weaknesses who will you choose!!!

Bobby Richards

Equipment/Skills: Huffy 620 Dragon BMX Bike, Brown leather satchel with extra newspaper carrying capacity, Sunblocker Pro Ball Cap. Likes Mac-n-Cheese and is really good at the Zelda games!

Christopher Tomkins

Equipment/Skills: His dads Cannondale bike. Yellow ball cap that his grandad gave him (gives him a peddling boost), can throw really far due to his participation in YMCA little league baseball.

!lolol - I Love Mondays!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just pointing out that all your recent posts are about you not liking Rroject Reality.

The problem is that Project Reality is the only military game which allows our group to play together and to fight for one objective, and in this co-operation, everyone is able to fly, drive or walk what ever he is good at to fit into one team and to make the final strategy possible.

Iffn LAN_WROTE ...

I'm just pointing out that all your recent posts are about you not liking Rroject Reality.

The problem is that Project Reality is the only military game which allows our group to play together and to fight for one objective, and in this co-operation, everyone is able to fly, drive or walk what ever he is good at to fit into one team and to make the final strategy possible.

Except for ARMA that is miles ahead of PR especially when playing with ACE and ACRE. :p

Iffn LAN_WROTE ...

I'm not rally sure what "Rroject Reality" is.

And yes thank you for clarifying what PR does for VG, I already knew that BTW. I was just bored and thought I would have some fun, so please, in the future try to recognize what humor is. Oh and another thing Iffin, please review all of my posts because I never once stated that I didn't like PR, sure I questioned as to why VG plays mainly Coop vs PvP, so I'm not really sure how you came up with that.

PS
You are a party pooper! !tounge

Calv LAN_WROTE ...

Iffn LAN_WROTE ...

Except for ARMA that is miles ahead of PR especially when playing with ACE and ACRE. :p

Be careful Calv, you are talking about Iffin's sacred PR! !crazy

In order to adress the confusing number of topics mentioned, I decided to make a list:

-I totaly agree with your first post. There are currently 4 PR-modifications in progress, classic bf2, ArmA 2, Vietnam and Normandie and I don't think Vietnam and Normandie will ever get done. BSS is already known for starting, announcing and not releasing mods like brickfield and bf2 battleship.

-PR is not sacred to me, I know the problems blud is having with the pr-devs and I'm on his side. If bf3 would actually be a strategy-fps, even if it's like counter strike and not a dumb run-and-gun game I would probably leave PR behind me and never come back but it isn't.

-ArmA 2 and ACE/ACRE are good mods and prove the abilities of the AmrA 2 modding engine but they are tech-mods and aren't playable in it self. That's why I support mods like PR: ArmA 2 because they combine playable missions with new technologies

I think the whole thing is starting to get rediculous again so I would like to end it sometime soon...

Iffn LAN_WROTE ...

In order to adress the confusing number of topics mentioned, I decided to make a list:

-I totaly agree with your first post. There are currently 4 PR-modifications in progress, classic bf2, ArmA 2, Vietnam and Normandie and I don't think Vietnam and Normandie will ever get done. BSS is already known for starting, announcing and not releasing mods like brickfield and bf2 battleship.

-PR is not sacred to me, I know the problems blud is having with the pr-devs and I'm on his side. If bf3 would actually be a strategy-fps, even if it's like counter strike and not a dumb run-and-gun game I would probably leave PR behind me and never come back but it isn't.

-ArmA 2 and ACE/ACRE are good mods and prove the abilities of the AmrA 2 modding engine but they are tech-mods and aren't playable in it self. That's why I support mods like PR: ArmA 2 because they combine playable missions with new technologies

I think the whole thing is starting to get rediculous again so I would like to end it sometime soon...

Oh and BF3 will never be a "Strategy FPS" that's not what the core gameplay is designed as, that's just what all the PR/ARMA Fanboys desperately want it to be. !yes

=VG= Bones LAN_WROTE ...

Iffn LAN_WROTE ...

Oh and BF3 will never be a "Strategy FPS" that's not what the core gameplay is designed as, that's just what all the PR/ARMA Fanboys desperately want it to be. !yes

I think he's referring to the fact that the original Battlefield games were strategy/FPS games, all up untill EA and Dice had to start competing with Activision/Infinity Ward/TreyArch and just turned it into another run and gun game

=VG= TortiaBoy LAN_WROTE ...

but it had a hell of a lot more strategy then the piles that EA and Dice have been coming out with

I would disagree with that, BFBC, BFBC2, and BFBC2: Vietnam were on par with stock BF2 IMO. Sure some changes were made here and there but the core gameplay remained the same. Also EA has released quite a few stellar games in the past few years other than the BF franchise. Dead Space for instance was a great game, it came out of nowhere and I think surprised the entire industry with how good it really was. The SP of the rebooted MOH was a step in the right direction as well, it may not have been an open world FPS but I did think that the story was fairly engaging.

=VG= Bones LAN_WROTE ...

=VG= TortiaBoy LAN_WROTE ...

but it had a hell of a lot more strategy then the piles that EA and Dice have been coming out with

I would disagree with that, BFBC, BFBC2, and BFBC2: Vietnam were on par with stock BF2 IMO. Sure some changes were made here and there but the core gameplay remained the same. Also EA has released quite a few stellar games in the past few years other than the BF franchise. Dead Space for instance was a great game, it came out of nowhere and I think surprised the entire industry with how good it really was. The SP of the rebooted MOH was a step in the right direction as well, it may not have been an open world FPS but I did think that the story was fairly engaging.

While the basic gameplay may have been similar, the scale affected the way it was played. BF2 battles always seemed more epic and "warlike" so encouraged tactics while BFBC2 always felt small, linear and very comparable to CoD, seemed to encourage solo play.

Iffn LAN_WROTE ...

The problem is that Project Reality is the only military game which allows our group to play together and to fight for one objective...

Sry Iffn but i think your statement is not entirely correct. Have you ever played SWAT4 or Raven Shield?

I know ... is a bit far away to compare a close combat shooter with BF2 or ARMA. So whats the difference? The maps are a smaller, concepted for cqb, (less open areas, more buildings, rooms and stuff) no vehicles are available. At the most time your squad moves in formations with diffrent roles like a pointman or rearguard for example. A prerequisite to be successful is the right choice of tactical aids (c2-charges, flashbangs, gas, stinger grenades, type of ammo and so on). Defusing Bombs, rescue hostages or neutralize specific suspects - all the objectives depending on what kind of mission you gonna play. Anyway ... I recommend RVS and SWAT4 to people who prefer military coop games. Both of them are old (published in the year 2003 and 2005) but you cant find anything comparable on the market!

@Bones - If you have any problems with the resolution in RVS:

- Open the console before you join or create a game
- Use the command "setres" (set resolution) to save your actual resolution direct into your ini file

Example:
setres 1920x1080

The same goes for the player name. The name remains when you log in the next time.

Example:
name =VG=Bones