Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

VG Mod / Test Server

Iffn

Fastjack i made the mod folder so we can modify other things aswell.. not only maps, we might need it in the future.

EDIT: Also, with my installer and stuff we can forget about the client.zips which are big ass files with lost of mbs behind them... notice how my modfolder + map is smaller then the karbala map you uploaded.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats sounds good CC. Its tricky and helpful for further projects.

I try, to convert a vbf2 map Daqing Oilfields to the pr mod but i need time for this.
I think, i start this upcomming weekend. At moment, i don't know, all of the changes, that must be done for it. That means read, read , read.

gr

CC,

i wrote Void an E-mail about this Issue, that the bots capturing the wrong flag:
My questions about that issue

Sometimes the Commander ordered us to an Uncapable Flag (not really uncapable but u must capture first some other flags before u can get this one)....

Void answer:

Is this something like the "Push" game mode in FH2, where some python code forces you to cap flags in a particular order? I've written custom SAI for several such maps...

and 2 way's to solve that

There are two ways to fix it. First, you can un-neighbor the flags that are leading to the (conditionally uncappable ?) flag. This is probably not what you want to do, but it depends on how the map is laid out. It could be an option for you, I dunno.

The second way is to write (or have someone write) custom strategies for the map so that the SAI code enforces the order in which CPs must be captured. This is a much better solution, but it is time consuming.

BF2's SAI cannot tell if a flag has been made uncappable by a python script. Running Vanilla strategies or my ESAI, such a flag will be attacked so long as the attacking side controls one of its neighbors.

I look, if i can do this, to write an and customized strategy for karbalb, or ask Void if he can help me once again to learn SAI scripting. It's really different as tweaken.

greetz

But before i must ask clivewil for permissions for use it.

If we use it only for a map and not for an own mod or something like that, we have good chances buas i said before: i must ask clive.

The Osprey isn't really finished. He need some pr setups:

Known bugs;

1. everybody can fly it without change to an piloting kit. At time, idk how i can edit it.

2. the Osprey have an selectable spawnpoint, like a mobile rallypoint. Better we remove this. No big deal.

Who wants to know more about that:

http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14636&pid=159016&mode=threaded&start=100#entry159016

Fastjack i belive you need python to add the pilot thing to the choppers etc. So it cant be done since the PR devs have compiled their work. Don't bother askeing them they wont give you anything.

EDIT: I suggest you forget about the Osprey since you need to ask for it which takes time, and do the US Army use it? i though it was only the marines..?

I know, but i love the details. !punish

And i found another major bug after testing: The enemybots never shoot at the Osprey.

Guy's, its not so easy to say, oh it it works basically and looking good that its enough.
I think i can solve all this problems and that is all mapbased but i'm waiting for answer from Void.

greetz

Fastjack, lets test the mod and maps with several people and add in the Osprey later. If we need to we just got to do this step by step. Anyway, i need Daqing tested soon so i can continue. (Need feedback, also i can't cap flags on my own, and the US bots are just stupid, the PLA team is bot friendly and the US is not and the other way around with players)

Ok, AIBehaviour.ai problem is fixed.

I changed some codelines of the Osprey tweakfile
Now we can run it directly without modifing the basic pr AIBehaviour. I switched that. The Osprey use now the pr AIBehaviours and not the standard Osprey ai.

I test now, if the Bots shooting me with his RPG's
Today, we have many successes.

I give more updates tommorrow.

fastjack

I think we should consider making an event of the release of these maps so as to give folks time to download them for game play.

Say after 2 or 3 maps are ready we can release them as a Map Pack and run a weekend event over Fri - Sun with the new maps in the rotation.

We used to regularly do this in the hey deys of WCC with BF1942 DC. In all we had over 30 extra maps.

Agreed with Badploy,

if we finished the work, we need a big event news for this.
I hope we can inform so much vg server players how we can.
Maybe a servermessage before the time comes, idk.

I fixed the shooting problem. Now the bots using the rpg's. Last test, i get three hits in a short time and .......... dead.

The problem was, the Opsrey used an new vehiclecategory template and the pr bots aren't able to identify it (UFO?!?!?).
I changed that to an helicopter template.