Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

VG Mod / Test Server

Iffn

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tested, what needs to be done:

- Make US Main uncap
- Add Blachhawk(?)
- Replace a LB with a Kiowa (People loves them)
- Make area around US Main deadly for the Opfor (if it already is, it needs to be increased)

Also, about the whole mod. How about making a new mod folder, with the serverarchives/clientarchives set to use the PR archives. This might get more people to join in since they dont need to replace something every time they change server from/to this one to/from another.

Also, for the developers (us) , how about a FTP server or whatever? We make changes, post them in the forum (changelog) and upload to the FTP.

EDIT: I like Dragon Valley, I'll start working on it tomorrow or later today.

If we could get the mod working so it auto install/uninstall then that would be choice CC!

As for the assets, spawn points, etc...I have no pref so majority rule, :p

As for the FTP info I can give it to you for situations like you've mentioned.

A little birdie told me that Dragon Valley might not be the best choice due to Chinese pwnage...Maybe Daqing then? just throwing it out there just in case.

...or we create navmesh for maps that haven't coop support.

We create only the navmeshes, add the waypoints and flaggneighbours bla bla bla stuff etc. I mean, adding all required coopstuff to an existing pr map.
Thats easier and we get in short time more results as we re-engeneer a map from another mod that's compatible with the pr mod. I'm not total familiar with the mod and much things and codes must be learned before.

All changes i have done in the testmap, needs normally 10-15 minutes time of work and everyone of us here is able to to this.
Maybe one day, someone is here and want to learn something about modding (change some mapsettings, vehicles etc) i can learn and explain him what he have to do.

If you can navmesh these maps Fastjack, go ahead. I can convert a vBF2 map in minutes. @Blud, If you mean it will be hard getting through i can lower the amount of assets the chinese are getting. Also, we get through both Kozlesk and Op. Barracuda in normal PR so we have a chance. But ok i'll do daqing instead.

Another suggestion.

The pr mods created a special Factions.init system.
It's a special setup/layout for a specifiec team.
The coop modus runs his own Factions.init.cons!
That is the reason, why we have parachutes in coopmode or the Squadleader asset (FOB, foxhole, HMG) spawns directly.
I can change the faction.init for the playerteam. That means for further gameplay: if someone of the SL's want to build a FOB, the teammates must help to build it up (using the shovels diggers).

Edges: We reduce the SL asset TK accidents (smaller collisionsmeshes - no strange assest placings)
The Statspadding behaviors is reduced!
Sorry to say this but sometimes, some asset are placed only to earn points.
Nobody think about the performance of the server or the strategical position where it was placed.
To much active assest (most of the positions making no sense to me) on the map affecting the server performance and can causes laggs.

It;s one step closer to multiplayer feeling and i'm the meaning of ,its improve the teamwork in a squad.

Feedback please

Fastjack

Hey guys let's get the focus on bringing BF2 maps into PR. Then with all the other elements involved we'll work through them as they present, but let's concentrate on making Dragon Valley or Daqing a PR playable map. Either one I'm ok with CC, let's just start working on it. Then if we can get like 3-5 maps ported over to PR then we can look at all our other options. I just want to get something different going I'm so sick of the same friggin maps !sick

How that be?

WAIT CC before u starting.

Download the BF2SP64 mod or the mappack.
All vBF2 vanilla maps are converted and integrated in this mod and have better navmeshes as the vBF2 standard maps.
Also, they added different gamemode layers (16/32/62) to all maps.
All objectspawners need a workaround and the team settings in pr is different.
Its different to convert it to pr as u convert a vBF2 map to the AIX mod.
I don't if u allready know this link, MAPAUDIT tutorial from the pr devs. http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f189-modding-tutorials/24725-map-tutorial-map-audit.html Usefully guide for converting jobs

Fastjack told me to put this up here after i told him my way.

Copy your pr folder---->Now you have pr(original) and a pr_copy folder. rename your pr(original) folder to pr.95 and your copy to pr---->put everything you want into the pr copy now known as pr----> when you want to play pr just rename the folders, pr.95 to pr and your pr to pr_copy. you don't have to retake out the map every time.

Its that an uncaptable flag or u placed a new Controlpoint?
ESAI can be overruled, if the SA (StrategicAres) from the flag have an extremly high TEMPERATURE value.

Its only a Excample
Each soldier, vehicle and controlpoint have a specifiec value. TEMPERATURE.
A soldier in PR have a basic temperature of 1.
A HUMVEE have a value of 10. Airplanes and choppers of 20.

Now, we have 2 HUMVEES's.
5 soldiers in a HUMVEE 5+10=15 Temperature.
1 Soldier in a HUMVEE 1+10=11 Temperature.
Now, both HUMVEE's defending a friendly Flag (friendly SA = hostile SA for the enemy)
This 3 basictemps from all factors (soldier,vehicle und SA) are calculated to an final Temperature value

The full HUMVEE have the higher rating and deemed to attacked first by the enemybots.
U can see the right calculation in the BFSP thread http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12257&hl=temperature

I looked into the Daqing map vBF2 but i can't find any temperature values in the StrategicAreas.ai
AIX using high temperature values and a modified UAV commander asset to let the enemy bots attack and destroy it.

Give me the flagnames or look into the maps server.zip \gamemode\gpm_coop\playersize 16-32 or 64\ai = here is the startegicArea.ai. Look for the following codeline :

aiTemplate.basicTemp xx (xx is a value)

Another rootcause is maybe, the neighbours and waypoints from the maps and is it a 1 or 2 waypoint from flag to flag. The bots need a navigationrouting.
If one Controlpoint haven't a neighbour to another Controlpoint, the bot must capture first a flag with an existing waypoint/neighbour to take the issued flag

IDK, if the BF2SP64 mod use high temp values.

Fastjack

CC,

i found the temperature SA's values of Daqing vbf2 map. The last numbers are the temperatures ( i mean 30 / 80 / 50).

EXCAMPLE : gamemode\gpm_coop\16\ai

aiStrategicArea.createFromControlPoint SinglePlayer_16p_OSS_Garage 304 30
aiStrategicArea.createFromControlPoint SinglePlayer_16p_OSS_Oasis 301 30
aiStrategicArea.createFromControlPoint SinglePlayer_16p_OSS_OilPlant 303 80
aiStrategicArea.createFromControlPoint SinglePlayer_16p_OSS_Village 302 50

Edit the values : all SA's the same setting:

gr

Yeah, i'm so smart,

i fixed the renaming issue from a map.
The last pathes must be changed in the terraindata.raw.
Only possible with an HEXEDITOR. I changed the last alphabetic from the mapname.

KARBALB - I tested and it works the same like the original.

Now, we need no anymore to switch the original and ESAI-map after the tests.

I have a new version of Karbala now (karbalb).
Before i upload it, i want to change some vehicles for the USMC side.

I think one LB is not bad. Any transportchopper suggestions?

greetz Fastjack

I've set up a mod folder so we dont need more moving around with files and shit. I've also made a simple installer for the mod. What the installer does is copying the client.zip from the original maps to all the modified maps we got in there. To make my installer install a new map just open install.txt located in the mod folder and add a new line with 3 words; original mapname, new mapname and mod. the original mapname is the map name found in the levels folder of the mod the map comes from, the new mapname is what the map is called in pr_vg\levels and the mod is the mod folder name the original map is from.

Example: daqing_oilfields daqing_oilfields bf2

Fastjack needs to make the bots work properly since i dont know how.
Download: Click here to download.

Instructions:
- Unzip this file in the Battlefield 2\mods folder
- Go to pr_vg and start the Install.exe
- Use the Launch.exe to run the mod

Oh and just add Karbala in the install.txt and in the levels folder without it's client.zip file, Fastjack.

If anyone got questions about my launcher and installer just ask.

EDIT: ATM only the 64/Std layer is working!

Good work CC but we need that not really anymore.
Because: we can rename the maps, we can put the new map directly into the levelsfolder. The new map version and original have different names and can't be overwriten by the otherone (it's like a new map). Now, everybody can installl it without doubts

But good to know, that u able to create things like this.

Strange, i googled the whole I-net to find a maprenamer tool (found only the BF2 Editor Helper 1.4 Rexman).

Rexman's tools does't modify the pathes for the Colormaps.

The reason why i'm so happy is, i found that WAY (editing the rawfile with an HEXEDITOR) by myself, without any help or hinds from other moddingsites.

I changed the spawning vehicles. The LB's are replaced with one Kiowa and one BlackHawk. The Botonly vehicles are all removed. It exist no 1seaters anymore one the USMC side.
I added a second levels layer (32). Its the same like the 64 layer version. there spawns an additional us_ahe_ah6a (rocketLB) chopper.

The 64 layer run's the "ESAI medium FCA PF PB" strategy.
The 32 layer run's the "ESAI large FCA PF PB" startegy.

greetz

Edit: damned, i forgot to edit the *desc file for the 32 layer. It doesn't work at moment.

Mea culpa