Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Until Next Time.........

Guest AirborneAlways

Guest AirborneAlways
My plan for today was to go see one of my dad's friend who he has know for more than 37 years (heck he has known me longer than I have known him). When they first meet, they were both divorced fathers raising their only child. He had been family to my dad when our own family didn't support my dad's decisions.

At about 6 am this morning, my dad called to inform me that that he had passed away. At first I wasn't going to go to his house, after calling I found out there wasn't going to be a viewing and that if I wanted to see him to come soon. So I made the 45 minute drive to see him one last time in the hospital bed set up in his living room. You might think how morbid but he looked like he was sleeping and since he only found out he had cancer just a couple of months back. I wasn't about to pass on being about to speak to him directly though he couldn't answer back.

After obtaining the rank of 2nd Dan in Aikido and being an instructor for many years, he set it aside for something that was less of a pounding on the body. So about three years ago he got his first RC

http://vimeo.com/1726326

This is Mike holding one of several planes he got over the last three years.

While most here don't know me, I still thank each and everyone who takes the time to read my rambling as I mourn his passing. This is just me letting it out to make it more of a reality that I won't get to shake his hand or hear him call me "Guy" until it is my time to crossover to the other-side.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AirborneAlways
Again, THANK YOU EVERYONE

I guess it shouldn't seem strange at my age but it wasn't until he was gone that I realized how much a part of my life he was.

Make the original post then watching every video and reading every forum post I could find help externalize it.

The worst was calling his daughter who I have known since the "Curtain Climber" days.

Of his last few months when he found out he has cancer, I kept putting off seeing him. Can only blame myself for that. But it is because of someone I have known for so long getting cancer from tobacco that I have taken steps to stop using.

As a matter of fact when I went to see him this last time, his wife thought I was smoking. "Nope, I am vaping" and she said "GOOD" and she said if he was still with us he would say thank you. She said she wish other that was close would quit and I gave a friendly plug for our local vendor.

So while it is still a sad time, some good has come of it. If nothing else, for me and those who are close to me that I might actually be prolonging my life.